Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Desperate need of help from creative minds!

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I have a very serious problem and I am reaching out for help. We just got an amazing new puppy 5 days ago and we need a name!!!! He is the cutest thing ever and knows it. Due to the fact that we have had so many animals over the years our name list is running dry and this little guy needs a very special name.

breeze
May 5th, 2008, 05:08 PM
o my he is soooo cute!!!
what breed is he??

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
He is a Blue Merle Pomeranian. We couldn't resist.

Doug says he'll just have to wait for his Berner when one of our older pack members moves on.

breeze
May 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
he is as cute as a button....

what names have you used?? naming is soooo hard..

the coloring is what I probably go with, what has those colors, that sort of thing..
he is very handsome.. got to think about this one..

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Our used name list is a full page with 3 columns!

Right now he is Bam Bam. Don't know why.

He was born on a lunar eclipse. He looks like an Ewok. He acts like a Gremlin. He's a powder puff of hair. He will top out at 7-8 lbs and is currently like a fuzzy guinea pig. Everyone who meets him drops their jaw in amazement, and I keep saying 'it's just insane how cute he is'.

We love western or natural names - spirit, river, bridger, carson, etc. But he is a conundrum.

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM
yup he's a keeper. with the whirlwind of colours how bout storm?

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Actually Doug thought of Storm, and I thought of Cloud.

I am just not convinced it is unique enough. He is one in a million. Jeez, can you tell I am a tad over the top with this puppy?

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 06:03 PM
nope not over the top, the name has to suite his little furry self.

dmc123
May 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
How about Merle? He is adorable!

Diane

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
my spouse says willow.

tumnis
lestat
matrix
lucien
marius

jealma
May 5th, 2008, 06:17 PM
What a cute baby. Where did you get him? I like to use people names,, like Tommy, or Pete. But I honestly think given time he'll point you to the right name for this little sweety

dmc123
May 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I thought of two more after I posted before:

Sterling

Jester

LOL, I can't wait to hear what you choose. Hey, and if Bam Bam works, keep it!

Diane

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I get Tumnis, but did the others come from 'chronicles' too?

Would steal 'Nermil' from you, but still not sure. Its great for a Chin. At one point Doug wanted to name our son Nermil or Freeway! I vetoed those choices.

I do like Willow - is it strong enough? I swear if this little twerp were a Rottie pup I would be concerned. He is incredibly tenatious in his attitude.

Oh and Doug did try for 'ED', but it didn't charm me.

Already used Sterling on a Silver Persian - great name!

dmc123
May 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM
But he is a conundrum.

One more based on what you said..... Conner..... :)

breeze
May 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM
how about "topaz"

breeze
May 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/gems.htm

:lightbulb: you can look through these....

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I get Tumnis, but did the others come from 'chronicles' too?

Would steal 'Nermil' from you, but still not sure. Its great for a Chin. At one point Doug wanted to name our son Nermil or Freeway! I vetoed those choices.

I do like Willow - is it strong enough? I swear if this little twerp were a Rottie pup I would be concerned. He is incredibly tenatious in his attitude.

Oh and Doug did try for 'ED', but it didn't charm me.

Already used Sterling on a Silver Persian - great name!

feel free to steal nermil if you like, its garfields teddy bear. My nermils original name was idget which is newfie for lol, idiot.

lestat-interview with a vampie
matrix- matrix
lucien-underworld (leader of the werewoves)
marius-interview with a vampire.

happycats
May 5th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Simba
Sinbad
Blake
Jersey
Boston
Dakota
Trey
Badger
Tonka
Dice
Tango
Cash

He's a cutie:lovestruck:

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
hmmmm...Nermil....not very dignified...but cute.

Check this picture out - the breeder calls it Garfield running to lazagna.

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Breeze- thanks for the web site the choices are limitless.

Happy Cats - he does look just like a baby badger - mask and all.

breeze
May 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Tenderfoot.. you can put that picture in the may chalange.. it's got all the requirments

he cut and cuddly and he is in grass which is green!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Not in the loop - whats the May challenge?

breeze
May 5th, 2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51891

it's where you post pictures of your furbies :D and each month it's something different.. this month "May" is pictures of something green flower click on the link and look at all the beautiful cute pictures... your little one will fit right in..:thumbs up

LavenderRott
May 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
OMG!!! He is stunning!!!

I have absolutely no name ideas for him but wanted to let you know that he took my breath away!

FYI - I wouldn't want a rott pup with my pom's attitude!!

14+kitties
May 5th, 2008, 08:01 PM
First thing I thought of when I saw the first picture is Bossman. He sure looks the part.
He is too cute for words.

Frenchy
May 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
omg I've never seen this breed before :laughing: he's too cute ! :lovestruck: and I can't think of anything original , all I could come up with is Fluffy , yep , I know , not too original :laughing:

maybe some french names :evil:

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks LavenderRott - I feel like a total idiot when I get so giddy about him. :cloud9: You should have seen me when we picked him up at the airport :stork-baby: - I didn't know if I should scream or cry - I had never seen such a creature in my life. :eek: I feel so guilty for having had issue with the clients who are totally gushing over their little toy dogs. I have lifted more than one eyebrow at their fawning. Now I am doing it! :lovestruck: I finally had to slap myself and remember he is a dog and needs the same treatment, rules and boundaires as the rest. No more sleeping under the covers, its the top sheet for him. No more hand feeding - its a bowl from now on. No more giggling as he grabs my daughters pant leg, shakes it and trills in a high pitched fever - its a firm 'leave it'. Poor Doug was thinking we would have to quit the training business as I was breaking every rule we have ever set. :sad: But I have gotten a grip and am ready to impress everyone with his brains not his beauty. :pray:

rainbow
May 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
OMG.....he is absolutely adorable. :lovestruck: I've never seen a blue merle pom before. :cloud9:

I'm not much good at names at the moment but of all the ones mentioned so far I like Matrix. :thumbs up

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
lol, great minds think alike, i was looking at and english to french dictionary.

Grace says he looks like a yugioh character, hmmm kinda looks like pikachoo.

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
If you look up Ewok names - there is a site which shows the pictures of the Ewoks and their names. There is a blue merle Ewok - I swear!

Okay, so I am going to have to show you some of his competition. They are all amazing. I can't really have you thinking he is the only one....

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
yup we agree he does look like an ewok, so what are good ewok names. uhoh spouse is getting tired she says he looks like a squish. No idea she's a newf.

LavenderRott
May 5th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks LavenderRott - I feel like a total idiot when I get so giddy about him. :cloud9: You should have seen me when we picked him up at the airport :stork-baby: - I didn't know if I should scream or cry - I had never seen such a creature in my life. :eek: I feel so guilty for having had issue with the clients who are totally gushing over their little toy dogs. I have lifted more than one eyebrow at their fawning. Now I am doing it! :lovestruck: I finally had to slap myself and remember he is a dog and needs the same treatment, rules and boundaires as the rest. No more sleeping under the covers, its the top sheet for him. No more hand feeding - its a bowl from now on. No more giggling as he grabs my daughters pant leg, shakes it and trills in a high pitched fever - its a firm 'leave it'. Poor Doug was thinking we would have to quit the training business as I was breaking every rule we have ever set. :sad: But I have gotten a grip and am ready to impress everyone with his brains not his beauty. :pray:

ROFLMAO!! You are such a goner!!!

Just wait until you see those brains! These guys are entirely too smart for their own good.

My Rottie friends and I have been talking about training Rusty to track. Heck, I think if I had a mind, we could teach him some schutzhund work!

You are going to love him!

dmc123
May 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Ok now I have my roomie suggesting names, lol

She said Duke (I said he is too small, maybe Pauper, or little Lord Fauntleroy)

More from her:

Lancelot
Scooter
Hamlet
Chance
Piper

More to come if you don't tell us what name you've chosen.

LOL

Diane

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I like Little Lord Fauntleroy, but its a mouth full. He needs a tad of royalty in the name.

I will add Piper to the list.

I honestly think this could take weeks to figure out. I will let you know when the right one jumps out at us. So keep on trying.

Here is last years rescue Pom - Brio.

Kashi
May 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wicket
Warwick

He's adorable !

dmc123
May 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
ok more - roomie says Ellington

I say Elliott

This is harder than us trying to name Katie, one of the quads...poor thing went through 4-6 names before Katie stuck hard :)

want4rain
May 5th, 2008, 08:57 PM
i *love* Wicket!!

but he really makes me think of shimmering Mica!!

my husband says Slappy. :rolleyes: or Puff Bucket?? :eek: Lawrence?? :loser: :laughing:

-ashley

tenderfoot
May 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Puff Bucket?? :crazy:

dmc123
May 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
still going here...roomie says Murray...Sebastion....Brady...Napoleon...

lol just told her she didn't help this much with naming the quads...LOL

I thought of a play on tender foot, Tootsie, but it sound too femine, I also like Petey. LOL

She just suggested Alexander, Alex.....hmmm

Stopping for now this is getting crazy, LOL

Let us know...hope you decide before 2 wks, lol...

Diane

Frenchy
May 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I like Little Lord Fauntleroy, but its a mouth full. He needs a tad of royalty in the name.

She just suggested Alexander, Alex.....hmmm

I was thinking Alexander (the great) too :dog:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 09:34 PM
He was born during a lunar eclipse, you say? :D And his silver fur looks like it's exploding out from him in a nova...which means hazel is beginning to feel stellar. So how about some dignified star names like Nova, or Aldebaran, or Sirius, or Vega...or Betelgeuse (if he's got attitude, you can bring him down a notch by using the nickname "Beetle"... :o). Or constellations, like Orion, Leo, Perseus...

He's a doll, whatever you call him! :lovestruck:

shane 123
May 5th, 2008, 10:12 PM
He's absolutely adorable. I wish I could be lucky enough to find one just like him. I would call him Hearthrob...lol

Chaser
May 5th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I really like the name Chester....but I don't know that it especially suits him. I just really like the name!

growler~GateKeeper
May 6th, 2008, 12:31 AM
How about Gryff :D

Shaykeija
May 6th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I like Nova. 100% cute :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Melinda
May 6th, 2008, 05:36 AM
as someone said earlier, he's a keeper....why not the name "Keeper" keeper of your heart.....

clm
May 6th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I've never seen a merle pom either. Way too cute. I like the name Poncho myself.

Cindy

happycats
May 6th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Gizmo!!! looks like a little Gremlin

Domino

sugarcatmom
May 6th, 2008, 07:52 AM
That little dude is seriously the cutest thing ever. You should submit his photo to Cute Overload (http://www.cuteoverload.com/), and then pimp him out as a therapy dog. There is no way anyone could have a bad day after looking at that fuzzbot.

I think you should call him Yeti.

chico2
May 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM
OMG,talk about cute:lovestruck:
The first pic I thought he was a stuffie:laughing:
I like Willow,Goliath,Yum-Yum(my Cocker years ago)Julius Ceasar(Julle my shep/chowX)..not very imaginative:laughing:

tenderfoot
May 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM
You are all so great to help out. I actually thought Fuzzbutt (variation of fuzzbot), but just not dignified. Heck, maybe he just isn't a dignified pup and I will have to settle for insanely cute names.

breeze
May 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
we were supose to have a metior shower last night.. I myself could not see it but think whooshing though the sky with the colors of light...

I thought of your little guy.... but the spelling might not be right

metior sp?
sorry my spelling is not great and the dictionary is not helping but I think you understand..

Longblades
May 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
With the mix of colours my first thought was MOSAIC. You know, a picture made with little different coloured tiles? It would likely be shortened to MO I guess. And maybe his coat will change? And speaking of coat. of course there is always JOSEPH and his coat of many colours.

CearaQC
May 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Merlin for merle

He'd be cute in a wizzy costume. :laughing:

riverdreamer
May 6th, 2008, 12:46 PM
He is the cutest puppy I have ever seen!

1. Rain(first name) Bow or Bo (middle name)
For his rainbow of colors and the refreshing outlook he seems to have.

2. Asher
Meaning: The laughing one Famous Usage: One of the sons of Jacob in the Old Testament. Asher Durand - painter.
Personality Plus: For the pet who's a happy little vegemite.

3.Sir Pouncealot or just Pouncealot (maybe too long for what you are wanting, although cut and different)
Information about this name:
Meaning: Play on Sir Lancelot, from the English legend of King Arthur and his Round Table.
Famous Usage: Sir Lancelot was King Arthur's greatest knight. He is known for his unsuccessful quest for the Holy Grail, and his love for Arthur's Lady Guinevere.
Personality Plus: For the knight on his quest, or in ambush.

I agree that whatever you choose will be fitting for him. Let us know what you decide.

happycats
May 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
How about Tequila:D
Kobe
Kojo
Kwasi
Matata
Obi
Rudo
Zanadu
Jengo
Kato
Lerato
Harper
Oni
Aayden
Bach
Gage
Bane
Or how about , Beautiful Doggie Fluffy Pants!! BD for short:D

kiara
May 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
What a cute puppy! Looks like a BOO BOO to me. Good luck.

aslan
May 6th, 2008, 02:59 PM
what about Keir- it means " of colour" in gaelic.

Elizabeth Ann
May 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Harry.

:sorry: but I think it sort of fits.

breeze
May 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM
dreyfuss

prince dreyfuss :D

Ford Girl
May 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM

My critters have royal names too. :laughing: :rolleyes:

Theodor Von Barkerhousen a.k.a Teddy. :p

or

Sir Fluffbutt Von Poochenstien. III :laughing: aka Fluffbutt

or

Merlin Blue Peabody. :p aka merlin or blue

I like Nova. 100% cute :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I have a girl friend named Nova.

I like the name Clover, or Cleveland.

What are some of the places you've lived in, vacationed? so fun!!

DH wanted to name our dog - had she been a he, Knockers. Yep, seriously. :loser:

Princess2002
May 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
you have one cute little baby there..
as for names .. I've got a few native american name 1 is Jace means moon ..2 mikito means prince.. others Dakota,Bailey

Stacer
May 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
That pup is quite possibly the cutest dog I've ever seen!
I like some of hazel's suggestions, constellations and stars etc...

You could name him after some of the craters and other features on the moon's surface. (I just happened to buy a field guide about the Night Sky this evening)

Some moon craters
How about:
Pico
Copernicus
Clavius
Aristillis
Maginus
Arzachel
Herodotus
Grimaldi
Hevelius

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Oh, I love "Pico"! :lovestruck:

dmc123
May 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
tenderfoot? any decision yet?

Diane

tenderfoot
May 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I keep calling him - 'little buddy' which leads me to 'Gilligan' and that is just not happening.

This is going to take time folks...especially if you figure it took me 2 months to think of the perfect middle name for our daughter and she was already born! But it is the perfect name and it was worth the wait.

clm
May 7th, 2008, 06:34 AM
You could just call him Buddy then. Nothing wrong with that. :D

Cindy

marko
May 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Poofer - Poofy
Puff-Bunny
Puffy
Spritzer
Blow-dry

I'm late to the game but I'll think about it as well
:crazy:cute!

Congrats! :highfive:

14+kitties
May 14th, 2008, 02:26 PM
How about Otoko? Kijiro? Kohl? Neptune? Odon?

http://www.dogs-names-list.com/male-dog-names.php

super_pooch
May 15th, 2008, 01:54 AM
feel free to steal nermil if you like, its garfields teddy bear. My nermils original name was idget which is newfie for lol, idiot.

lestat-interview with a vampie
matrix- matrix
lucien-underworld (leader of the werewoves)
marius-interview with a vampire.

actually Nermil is the younger female cat in Garfield. His teddy bear's name is Pooky

my favorite is Mr. Dinkleman

haha

aslan
May 15th, 2008, 05:44 AM
actually Nermil is the younger female cat in Garfield. His teddy bear's name is Pooky

my favorite is Mr. Dinkleman

haha

lol, omg you're right, shhh don't tell my chin that.

happycats
May 15th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Merlin, he looks just like a Merlin!!

DoubleRR
May 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
That is one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen, and that is a LOT of dogs, lol.

My vote for a name:

MINT worth a mint to you.

sugarcatmom
May 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Sasquatch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot)!

dmc123
May 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Tenderfoot, I am back again - did you decide yet on a name for this little one?

I wish we had a way to categorize or notate a thread - with something like "initial question answered", "lost dog was found". "My cat is all better now" - etc.

Just curious about your little guy....

Diane

LavenderRott
May 21st, 2008, 09:12 PM
And can we get some new pictures? Please. :angel:

chico2
May 22nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Oh yes,pics please:pray::pray:
I think Pico is a perfect name for the cutest of pups:lovestruck:
What did you decide on???

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Tenderfoot, does your adorable little guy have a name yet? :goodvibes:

tenderfoot
June 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I am soooo ashamed...:shrug: :confused: :wall:

I have not decided on a single thing! Doug is calling him "Teaspoon". Our daughter calls him "poopers" and I randomly call him "muffin" or "puffin". We are still thinking of ...Quigley, Wyatt (little warrior), Levi, Truman, Eddie (cuz he is such a little monster (Munster)), Cooper (cuz he's a Mini-Cooper). I have even considered "Teflon" because no names are sticking.:rolleyes:

I did take him to show a couple of weeks back and introduced him to some breeders. We got 2 reactions - one was "OMG!, insanely cute - can we breed to him?" The other was "OMG, its an aberation!, don't let him near my dogs!" People are so strange. Cute is cute in my book, and merles are permitted at this point, so the nay sayers can take their stiff upper lips and zip them.:2cents:

Thanks for all of your patience and ideas - I just can't seem to settle on anything. I promise to let you know when it happens & I will try to get some new pictures. I think he is going through his ugly stage - but if this is ugly we are doing well.

badger
June 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Truman! I saw 'Capote' (for the second time) on the telly last night, with the brilliant Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It's a great movie and Truman Capote was a fine writer. He was also a legendary yapper before he left for the great literary salon in the sky (where he is probably still an outcast).
Truman!

Frenchy
June 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Truman! I saw 'Capote' (for the second time) on the telly last night, with the brilliant Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It's a great movie and Truman Capote was a fine writer. He was also a legendary yapper before he left for the great literary salon in the sky (where he is probably still an outcast).
Truman!

I saw it too , :offtopic: you watch french TV Badger ?

badger
June 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Mais oui! The French stations often have much better movies, more documentaries, and I love the agricultural stuff, shoulda been a farmer.

Guinness' mom
June 13th, 2008, 11:37 AM
OMG...as everyone else has also said that has got to be the cutest dog in the world....I sooooooo wanted a little dog this time round but I mean I love Guinness to pieces. But when my kids are gone I have warned my hubbie I am getting the cute little lap dog next. And after seeing this little one I WANT IT!!!!!!!!:lovestruck: How long has this breed been around ?

Guinness' mom
June 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Akaya (uhk-eye-uh) - a blend of names / words that mean "healing spirit"

But then I had to add some cute name that popped into my head when I first saw the picture
Skittles

badger
June 13th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Truman :)............

tenderfoot
June 19th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Newest pictures of .....

dmc123
June 19th, 2008, 07:33 PM
tenderfoot - even without an officially announced name - that little fella is still one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen!

Diane

tenderfoot
June 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks Diane - cuz I think he is in his ugly stage. If this is ugly we are doing well.:D

allymack
June 19th, 2008, 10:36 PM
wow, he sure is a cutie!:lovestruck:

i like the names

-Kohl (which someone else already suggested)
-Jade
-Bandit
-Rudy
-Baron
-Gent
-Mick
-Gunner (superrrrrr love this name)
-Tuck
-Zulu
-Tizzy
-Echo
-Razz
-Link
-Zaw
-Diesel
-Axel
-Gage
-Remi
-Hades

Ok, so i know thats alot, but i hope it gives you some ideas.

growler~GateKeeper
June 20th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Tenderfoot - ugly stage :confused: I don't think there is such a thing :laughing: especially w/this little cutie :lovestruck:

I still like Gryff :D

Guinness' mom
June 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
This has become my favorite tread....I feel like a stocker.:eek:.lol....I keep coming on to see if new pics have been posted or if you have come up with a name yet.

katherine93
June 20th, 2008, 10:40 AM
he looks like a mac (or mack what ever you prefer) to me

Guinness' mom
July 4th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Had to ask....Have you picked a name yet?????

rainbow
November 1st, 2008, 05:36 AM
Okay.......your gorgeous little boy is 6 months old now so we need to know what you finally decided to name him. :D

AND......we also need some new pics. :yell:

Karin
November 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
I know , late here.

How's about "Cha-Ching", sounds like money to me.

I would like to see a new pic too..

Rainy
November 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Gosh I think you need to send him to me and i'll help you name him.:evil:

Laylapet
November 3rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Looks like a Pikachu to me.

rainbow
November 5th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Okay.......your gorgeous little boy is 6 months old now so we need to know what you finally decided to name him. :D

AND......we also need some new pics. :yell:

Ahem ..... :whistle:

rainbow
November 8th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Any updates? :fingerscr :goodvibes: