Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it Spring, or isn't it?! Inquiring Setters want to know!

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 06:34 PM
* Please bear with hazel...this will take 7 posts and 17 or so pictures...and her connection is already feeling lethargic :eek: :o *

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Is it Spring, or isn't it?

The Hazel Run Pack enjoyed all the snow this winter, but enough was enough! As Spring approached, they found themselves looking forward to warm sun and green grass. But the snow did not let up. Even after Spring had supposedly arrived, Mother Nature was still turning a cold shoulder...

Late in March, the Pack woke up to find Hazel Run once again blanketed in snow. Although disappointed that Winter had returned, the Pack can always find a silver lining.

"No sense in letting a good snow go to waste!" whispered Princess Lil Belle to her royal brother. "Wanna play, Your Majesty?"

"Yeah, King Ember! Wouldn't you love to play?!" yapped Amazing Grace.

"Sure, Girls," whuffed the King. "Whatchya wanna play?"

"Let's have a zoomie fest!" yelled Princess Lil Belle. And a find zoomie fest she had, too! :dog:

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
The snow was short-lived, however. Not three days later the sun came out, the snow melted down to almost nothing
and the deck got invitingly warm.

"Must be spring now," sighed Lady (in Waiting) Ridge as she soaked up some rays.

"This is Wisconsin," laughed Sheriff Cole. "Enjoy 'Spring' while it lasts, cuz you know it won't last long!"

ancientgirl
May 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
Looks like they are enjoying the wonderful spring sun to me.:laughing: Those last ones are great shots.

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
And sure enough, April Fool's Day rolled around and grumpy Mother Nature played a prank.

"Where'd all this snow come from?" pondered Princess Lil Belle.

"Don't know, Sis!" barked King Ember excitedly, "but I think we're gonna get snowballs to chase! Yay!"

luckypenny
May 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
:fingerscr your connection sticks. I want to see the rest :goodvibes: .

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
But of course, snowball chasing isn't the only fun thing to do in the snow.

Princess~Queen Cass watched the wrestling activities from the safety of the sidelines.

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Once again the weather warmed and the snow began to melt. This time, the warmth brought a gale!

The wind howled through the trees all night! :eek:

In the morning, the Pack came down off the deck and found a bonanza of delectable chewable sticks!

"Yum!" mumbled Deputy Brier around a mouthful of oak.

The hemlock tree was generous with its branches, as well.

It was a warm day and the grass was beginning to get green.

"This does seem pretty Spring-y now," mused Princess~Queen Cass. "Should I finally declare Spring to be open?"

"Better wait, Your Majesty," advised Sheriff Cole. "This is Wisconsin, after all, and Spring still isn't here to stay."

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 07:04 PM
Sure enough, just a few days later, Mother Nature had another change of heart. Once again the Pack ran out for their morning play and found the ground covered in snow.

"It's all just too amazingly cold," snorted Grace and turned around to go back inside where it was warm and dry. "I wish Mother Nature would decide on a plan and stick to it!"

Over the next few days the weather warmed and the snow once again began to melt. But then it also began to rain! The bottoms of the yards filled up with water and streams flowed down the back hill.

"NO!" howled Grace. "Now my feet are WET!!!!! Will Spring never get here?!"

And once again she ran for the door.

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
The next morning Grace got up and looked outside. Signs of Spring were everywhere. It was sunny. It was warm. The daffodils were blooming. The birds were singing.

Grace ventured forth onto the deck and breathed in the warm air. In the big yard, Sheriff Cole was keeping a wary eye on Snake (don't look, breeze! :eek:)

Grace climbed down the steps and walked carefully over to the Sheriff.

"Sheriff Cole," Grace whispered softly in his ear, "does this mean that Spring has finally arrived?"

The Sheriff laughed.

"Well, Grace," he barked. "Snake is a pretty good sign of Spring. So are daffodils.

"But I'll show you the very most important sign of Spring. If we can find it, we'll know for sure that Spring is here to stay. Come with me!"

And, after making sure that Snake was well on its way off the Hazel Run grounds, Sheriff Cole led the way around the yard. Amazing Grace followed close behind. They checked behind the shed; they searched under the oak; they looked in the Basement Yard; but it wasn't until they got up on the deck that the Sheriff nudged Grace and pointed.

"There! That's the most important sign, Grace!" he chortled.

"It's Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie in all her glory!!

"Welcome to Spring, Grace!"

The End

14+kitties
May 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Awwwww I love your story as usual! And the pics are just amazing. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Looks like they are enjoying the wonderful spring sun to me.:laughing:

Yes, they've enjoyed Spring a number of times already this year! :laughing: But I think it might be here to stay now...for a while anyway... :thumbs up

:fingerscr your connection sticks. I want to see the rest :goodvibes: .

Actually, I only had to reconnect twice! :thumbs up The modem is still smokin', though! :eek:

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Awwwww I love your story as usaul! And the pics are just amazing. :cloud9:

Thanks, Geri. :o The Pack has been bugging me to post some more pictures...and they can be pretty darn persistent... :rolleyes: I finally gave in under threat of licks :dog:

breeze
May 3rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
I don't have my glasses on so I can't see *snake*

what does the pack like best spring or the forever snow??

are you sure you have spring now has it finally arrived??:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
hazel likes the forever snow--no mud. :thumbs up Ms Macie, on the other hand, loves the muddy mornings and the squishy feeling between her toes. :dog:

The Sheriff is pretty sure Spring is here to stay now. hazel won't believe it till the hummingbirds come back. :D

Lucky about the glasses! :laughing:

breeze
May 3rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
hazel likes the forever snow--no mud. :thumbs up Ms Macie, on the other hand, loves the muddy mornings and the squishy feeling between her toes. :dog:

The Sheriff is pretty sure Spring is here to stay now. hazel won't believe it till the hummingbirds come back. :D

Lucky about the glasses! :laughing:

hopfuly the hummingbirds come back in the next couple of weeks then the mud will dry out and mostly everyone will be happy..:D

I get tired of wearing them so I chose a good time to take them off..:thumbs up

BusterBoo
May 3rd, 2008, 08:18 PM
:D thank you for wonderful pictures and story of SPRING!!! Hope it has finally arrived for ya!

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
:D thank you for wonderful pictures and story of SPRING!!! Hope it has finally arrived for ya!

:fingerscr We hope so, too! :fingerscr :laughing:

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
ahhh there's my pack ! Wonderful pictures as always Hazel , I will tell you for the gazillion time , I love them :lovestruck: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
They're waiting for Auntie Frenchy to come tell them in person! :dog: :p

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
I'll know Monday when I check out the lotto results :pray: :p

luckypenny
May 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
:laughing: I love the ending :thumbs up . What a wonderful story Hazelrunpack!

growler~GateKeeper
May 5th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Love the story & great ending :highfive:

Princess~Queen Cass is very wise to stay outta the snow wrestling & is showing a lovely point (as well as keeping those toes up outta the snow :laughing:)

Sherriff Cole great detective work :thumbs up

Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie having a grand time squishing :cloud9:

aslan
May 5th, 2008, 05:03 AM
yay, what a great way to be sent off to work, with a pack story with gorgeous pictures to boot. LOL, i loved it hazel.

chico2
May 5th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Hazel,what a great mini-storybook:dog:
I won't even begin to try to remember names,but your puppers are just stunning,beauuuuutiful:lovestruck:
:fingerscrfor no more snow:fingerscr

KimandAutumn
May 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
what happy puppers!! they look like they would have fun anytime, regardless of the weather! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I love the ending :thumbs up . What a wonderful story Hazelrunpack!

Yes Ms Macie is consistently muddy,
Then Spring has arrived for her appointed rounds.
Though cleaning muddy paws is cruddy,
Soon flowers will grace the Hazel Run grounds...

Or so I'm hoping! :D

Love the story & great ending

Princess~Queen Cass is very wise to stay outta the snow wrestling & is showing a lovely point (as well as keeping those toes up outta the snow )

Sherriff Cole great detective work :thumbs up

Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie having a grand time squishing :cloud9:

Oh, yes. Cass is very good at protecting the royal feet and fur. :dog:

yay, what a great way to be sent off to work, with a pack story with gorgeous pictures to boot. LOL, i loved it hazel.

We aim to please. :laughing:

Hazel,what a great mini-storybook:dog:
I won't even begin to try to remember names,but your puppers are just stunning,beauuuuutiful:lovestruck:
:fingerscrfor no more snow:fingerscr

I think we're gonna be safe now--I accidentally left a tray of seedlings out on the retaining wall last night and they didn't freeze! :thumbs up That's a good sign. :o

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 08:27 AM
what happy puppers!! they look like they would have fun anytime, regardless of the weather! :cloud9:

They pretty much do. Sometimes they have too much fun. :rolleyes: Like when they bring a wrestle-fest indoors! :laughing:

Chris21711
May 5th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Oh my dawg Hazel they are just gorgeous :lovestruck:, for a member of the dial-up club, I did laundry, dishes, washed the floor waiting for it to download and it still gyped me out of the last five photos :frustrated:

Chris21711
May 5th, 2008, 08:57 AM
They came, they came, all I had to do was take the trash out, next time I won't be in such a hurry, silly me. Macie looks so proud of herself :)

happycats
May 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I just love your posts !!! love the pics!! and your pack looks like the happiest pack I have ever seen!!

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM
They came, they came, all I had to do was take the trash out, next time I won't be in such a hurry, silly me. Macie looks so proud of herself :)

:laughing: I thought I was the only one who did housework while waiting to see if pictures will download! :crazy: We should start a club!!

I'm glad they all showed up for you. I was afraid that by the time I was able to log back in, I would no longer be able to get into this thread. Note to self: next time, post the pics after the upgrade! :D

I just love your posts !!! love the pics!! and your pack looks like the happiest pack I have ever seen!!

Thanks, happycats. They certainly do seem to be happy to play. But you haven't seen their faces as they're getting hosed off on the deck. setters and water just don't mix very well! :o :D

clm
May 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Really fun post Hazel. You should do a kids book on life in a day, week, month or year of the pack.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM
:o Books I got. Publishers are hard to come by, though. :laughing:

Thanks, clm!

Chris21711
May 5th, 2008, 09:49 AM
We do have a club Hazel, its very elite - 2 of us :laughing:

Love4himies
May 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I loved your story, hazel :thumbs up.

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks, L4H. :o

loopoo
May 5th, 2008, 01:55 PM
those pics with your fur family and all the weather changes are just awesome:lovestruck:

phoozles
May 5th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Beautiful pics of your pretty puppers :lovestruck:
It's not hard to see why you ended up with 8 of them :laughing:
Of course, after seeing the mucky pic, I'm wondering what 8 of those pups did to the inside of your house! :eek:

wdawson
May 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
great pack pics:thumbs up....they are great looking dogs

hazelrunpack
May 5th, 2008, 08:47 PM
those pics with your fur family and all the weather changes are just awesome:lovestruck:

Ah, yes...April in Wisconsin... Don't like the weather? Wait a minute... :laughing: It was a rather more eventful weather month this year than usual, though...

Beautiful pics of your pretty puppers :lovestruck:
It's not hard to see why you ended up with 8 of them :laughing:
Of course, after seeing the mucky pic, I'm wondering what 8 of those pups did to the inside of your house! :eek:

Thanks phoozles. We have a hosing-off station set up on the deck. They stand quietly to get their feet hosed off before coming in. They stand less quietly if you need to do the bellies, crotch, chest, back and tail, however. :crazy:

The floor is bad, but not as dirty as it could be. :o

great pack pics:thumbs up....they are great looking dogs

Thanks, dubyaD. I think George and Beathoven and Maggie would fit right in. They all have the same general color pattern... :D

rainbow
May 6th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Another great picture story starring your gorgeous dogs. :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

TeriM
May 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Fabulous pictures :cloud9:.

I love the pack's stories, makes my day :lovestruck:.

Thanks for the snake warning :thumbs up.

Smiley14
May 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Oh, I've missed your stories and pics so much!!!! The pack look AMAZING!! I forgot how beautiful they all are! :lovestruck: Thank you!!!!!

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Another great picture story starring your gorgeous dogs. :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Oh, I've missed your stories and pics so much!!!! The pack look AMAZING!! I forgot how beautiful they all are! :lovestruck: Thank you!!!!!

Thanks, ladies. :o The Pack loves all the compliments! :dog:

Fabulous pictures :cloud9:.

I love the pack's stories, makes my day :lovestruck:.

Thanks for the snake warning :thumbs up.

That's right, it's TeriM! I remembered there was someone else besides breeze who didn't like snakes, but I couldn't remember who! Okay...made a physical note...TeriM is on my 'no Snake' list. :D Glad you saw the warning in time! It wasn't much of a snake picture, though--sort of hidden in the grass. :thumbs up

Glad you enjoyed the rest of it, anyway! :D

Ford Girl
May 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Another great story Hazel, loved it! Especially the happy yet muddy ending! :cloud9: Your dogs are beautiful. :angel:

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks, FG. Now all they need is a truck with a snorkel and they'll be all set, eh? :p

:laughing:

Frenchy
May 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM
When I saw that we were at page 2 on this thread , I thought there were new pics :sad: :yell:

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
When I saw that we were at page 2 on this thread , I thought there were new pics :sad: :yell:

Sorry, Frenchy. :D Bad phone lines, and a really boring Pack! :laughing: They're sort of trying to keep their paws dry...'cept for Macie, of course. I may have to do an all day Macie shoot in the mud pits! :laughing: But otherwise, the Pack mostly just sits up on the deck and watches the critters... :o

Frenchy
May 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
and a really boring Pack! :laughing:

na , the pack is never boring to us !!! :lovestruck: :cloud9: