Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Our Cat - Ottawa, Riverside South area

billie and ilan
May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
Lost our cat - large grey haired male tabby named Beaner, about 17 lbs - in the Ottawa Riverside South area. Our daughters miss him very much. Please let us know if you see him.

badger
May 2nd, 2008, 10:55 PM
If he usually doesn't go outside, he might be hiding close by. Have you done all the usual things? - posters, vet offices (fax a picture), SPCA, newspaper, neighbours, etc. I had a cat that disappeared for a week and when he came back it was clear he had been locked up somewhere. So any outbuildings, garages, any cranny where he could get in but not necessarily get out.
Put his bed or a box with familiar-smelling bedding on the porch and of course, food. Look for him at night, call and listen.
I don't know if you're able to post pictures yet, but picture of your cat would be helpful.
Good luck, don't give up.

Love4himies
May 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I second badger's advice.

Good luck and keep us posted.

NoahGrey
May 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Good advice badg, I would also like to add leaving our Tuna or salmon...they have such a strong oder.

ACO22

pattiepiano
May 7th, 2008, 10:41 PM
out cat is also lost. how long has it been that your cat has been missing.
you could do the kitty buffet and see if your cat shows up. An infa-red
Bushnell camera can take pictures at night when it senses motion.
You could at least see that way if your cat is in the area or comes out at night. I have done that but with no luck so far, but perseverance is key:confused::sorry: