Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Lake Simcoe

GSDsky
May 2nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Glad I found a site like this as my daughter has put us in an awkward situation. She adopted a German Shepherd as a friend for her other and now she finds herself working too many hours and not fair to keep the new one. So she asks the parents to take her to the Pound or Humane Society. Which I said NO to. This 11 month old shepherd is small in stature. I have a full grown one as well and she is half the size of mine. But what a pet. Major suck and loves attention and gives you back 200%. Loves to play with other dogs and now we have to find her a GOOD home. What are parents for right.
If I did not have one this note would be written. I really hope she gets a great home and wanted the task of making sure. Be that right or wrong.

I tried to post on this forum but it said I could not in the adopt section.
So if someone could give me guidance it would be much appreciated.

John

badger
May 2nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
:thumbs up for not dumping this little girl.

Here is a list of rescue groups and shelters in Ontario. I'm sorry, I don't know where Georgina is. If you call or email groups nearby, they may be able to help rehome her. If she has not been spayed, I would do that right away, particularly since many rescue groups will not rehome intact animals.

http://www.petfinder.com/awo/index.cgi?action=state&state=ON&city=&keyword=

Chris21711
May 2nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
There is www.infopet.ca which runs out of Newmarket, they have a section that covers re-homing. I always think 2 is better than 1 :)

Badger - Georgina is about an hour or so north of Toronto.

GSDsky
May 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
To nice of a dog.
I rejected one home from a co-worker. That went over well here. haha.
She is a beaut and all I want is someone to really enjoy her.
Not many like this and I have had a bunch of dogs over the years.

Thanks Again