Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heart Attack ( almost)

jealma
May 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Ok, so I found out that my heart is not as bad as I thought it was. I think I"m more prone to panic attacks. To day I had the horrifiying feeling that Abby ( my 4 1/2 months Shih Tzu) had got outside unleashed. My husband had been working on the back steps, and we had the garden doors into the sun room openned. When my husband came in he asked where Abby was, ( because if Abby isn't under your feet you have to wonder where she is). I'm like "she's in the Sunroom", and he's like,, "no she's not". Well panic set in, we called and called around the house, and no Abby, ( she always comes when called) So I head outside and call and call. ( We live out of town with a bush behind us and a hwy in front of us).. No Abby... My heart is starting to feel like it's going 300 beats a second. I am thinking, don't cry ,, don't cry,, oh my goodness,, she's so little,, she's but a baby. where the frig did she go.
As I'm ready to start into the tear thing my husband calls out that he has her. The little monster had gotten up stairs. See, she always follows us up the stairs, and we have to carry her down, because she hasn't managed to do that yet. She doesn't bark very often so, when she had gone upstairs she was stuck there and didn't bother to bark when we called. WHAT THE HECK WAS SHE THINKING? No more going up stairs without me, untill she learns to get back down, cause I dont ever want to feel that scared again.

ancientgirl
May 1st, 2008, 06:13 PM
Oh boy, I've had those moments. I'm glad you found her safe and sound.

BusterBoo
May 1st, 2008, 07:45 PM
I know exactly how you felt! I have, on many occasions, been unable to find Buster and called and been on the verge of an anxiety attack...then I turn around and he is sleeping in his house (aka crate!) They really don't seem to get it that we panic if we can't see them! :o

Spatx
May 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Oh man, I would have panicked as well! I'm just glad that she is safe and sound and didn't leave the house. Silly little girl, hopefully she'll learn to use the stairs going down soon so she won't get stuck anymore :)

Reality
May 2nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Glad she's ok. Although I did kind of have to chuckle thinking of you running around calling and calling and her perhaps standing at the top of the stairs going.. Yeah, I'm right here, why aren't you coming and getting me?

potter
May 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
I panic when it happens. I always worry about him sneaking out the door when someone is closing or opening the door and he is kinda small enough for you to not detect him. My Yorkie usually is at my foot and when he isn't there for 5 minutes and is being very quiet, I start to worry and call him. There was a couple of times I looked for him all over the house calling him, in the basement, main floor and second floor and he wasn't anywhere and when I start to panic, he suddenly appeared behind me out of no where! Still have no idea where he had been. :shrug: