Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Gotch Day Ginger!!!

diandpat
May 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
This is our beautiful Golden Girl Ginger. We adopted her seven years ago today from the SPCA only half an hour before she was scheduled to be euthanized :sad: She was almost seven at the time and, God willing, will turn 14 at the end of June.

I can't imagine a minute of the last seven years without her. There has been no down side whatsoever. She has been a blessing in our lives and has taught us so much about tenacitly, love, and just enjoying everything in life; from walking in the woods, to going to Tim Horton's for Tim bits, going anywhere basically. She just wants to be part of the party!

She was left behind when her family moved and because she was older and the pound was full she was deemed "disposable" :sad:

All this to say, as moving season approaches, MOST older dogs don't survive when you dispose of them at the pound...there is not enough room.

And for those of you leary of adopting an "older" dog, Ginger is proof positive that it is a beautiful experience. We have been very lucky health wise with her and she shows no signs of stopping :thumbs up

Anyways, just wanted to share with you all. Hopefully this will stop someone from abandoning there "companion" before moving and/or help someone to see that older dogs really do rock :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM
happy gotcha day Ginger !!!!

omg she's adorable , looove her white face :lovestruck: I can't believe how good she looks for a 14 yr old ! Tell her I think she's not over 10 yr old :p

You are absolutly right , 2 of my guys were adopted at 8 yr old , Daisy came from SPCA too , older rescues rock !!! :thumbs up

luckypenny
May 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Aww diandpat, you're making me cry :o .

Happy Gotcha Day, Ginger.

Big :grouphug:s for you and your mom & dad.

onster
May 1st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Happy gotcha day ginger!!!

She looks so sweet :lovestruck: I love the throw cover (sorry i dont know what theyre called exactly) behind her on the couch. Such a sweet photo.

Im glad she got her second chance with you :goodvibes::grouphug:

What did she get for her gotcha day? Other than that styling bib :party::crazy:

diandpat
May 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Same old, same old...Kraft Dinner for lunch and we will go for ice cream after dinner!

Of course, that is not the regular diet but special occasions deserve special treats, right!

When she first came home she did not eat anything for the first 36 hrs. I was getting really concerned and wanted to figure out if she did not like the food or was sick. I was eating Kraft Dinner (my all time favorite-no comments from the peanut gallery;)) and offered her some. OMG she scoffed it, her tail wagged for the first time since we had her and she plopped her head on my lap and looked up with "please give me more" eyes. THAT was our "moment" when we both knew she was going to be OK :lovestruck:

So everyone's birthday/gotcha day is celebrated with Kraft Dinner and ice cream!

diandpat
May 1st, 2008, 01:33 PM
Frenchy, we have the same vet as her first family so her records are on file there and every year I ask the vet to check if the birthdate is correct because, by all accounts, she does not act like she is 14 either. You know a lot about dogs so if you say she is only ten then that is what I am going to go with...thanks :thumbs up

breeze
May 1st, 2008, 03:16 PM
Happy Gotta day to you Happy Gotta day to you

hope you get alot of treats hugs and kisses and get spoiled rotten...:lovestruck:

http://www.smileycons.com/img/dogs/23.gif

http://www.smileycons.com/img/dogs/30.gif

chico2
May 1st, 2008, 05:20 PM
Oh my,that white face is adorable,she looks like an angel and very fortunate you came along,probably the best thing that ever happened to her.
I am hoping her former cold-hearted owners had many sleepless nights after dumping this beautiful girl...I'll never understand some people.:sad:
Happy Mac and Cheese Day,oh and Icecream for beautiful Ginger:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 1st, 2008, 10:27 PM
happy gotcha day, Ginger!!!

Such a beautiful girl! You guys were so lucky to find each other! :cloud9:

14+kitties
May 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
Happy Gotcha Day even though it is almost over. I hope the KD and ice cream was good. Yummy, what a combo. :D

growler~GateKeeper
May 2nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Ginger! Mum gotcha just in time too :thumbs up