Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found cat/kitten bengal markings with collar - GUELPH,ON

shank21
May 1st, 2008, 12:38 AM
I just saw a younger cat roaming the area when I got off work at 5:00pm. I was about to go to bed at 11:30 when I noticed it in my window. I opened my door and it ran right in.I gave him some food & he seemed to be starved. It is brown with bengal like black spots, bottom of feet/legs are black, bushier tail. He has a black and white collar on was very friendly until he saw my other cats. He kept growling & hissing even though I had put them in a room. So I put him in my backyard in the shed with a bed & food. Found in the Speedvale/Exhibiton park area.
If he is still around tomorrow I'm going to bring him to the humane society. I would keep him here but already have 3 foster kittens I found on the side of the road in the snow, plus one of my own & a dog. So i'm full at the moment....lol

chico2
May 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM
Shank,thank you for saving this beautiful kitty.
If he is a Bengal(very expensive)he most likely is microchipped or tatooed.the shelter will find that out.
Hopefully a no-kill shelter:fingerscr
He's more than likely lost and will have a very worried owner somewhere.:fingerscr

Love4himies
May 1st, 2008, 08:56 AM
I second what chico stated. If the cat appears to be well taken care of, it probably has owners who are searching for it.

Thanks for being so kind and taking in this poor kitty.

cpietra16
May 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
http://canadastrays.com/search/details.asp?id=3050&prov=ON&type=cat

this cat disapeared in January...could it be this one...just a shot in the dark

chico2
May 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
CPietra,I thought of that one too,but could not find the post..checking it out,that was not the kitten I meant,that one is not a Bengal.
But I vaugely remember a Bengal beeing lost....then again,I could be wrong.

cpietra16
May 1st, 2008, 02:58 PM
No, you're right Chico...I was looking for the same one and came upon this one...i can't find it either, but I remember it was a bengal kitty that was lost....I hate memory loss.:yell:

Winston
May 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
there was this thread?

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46839&highlight=bengal

Cindy

chico2
May 1st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Yes,Winston,that was probably it,but that's a while back:confused:

cpietra16
May 1st, 2008, 07:11 PM
No..there was another and the cat was lighter in colour..just can't remember where I saw it...it was more recent and beside the other thread, that cat was from BC, I think

NoahGrey
May 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Hopefully a no-kill shelter:fingerscr

Sorry Chico...but Guelph HS euths ALOT. I would never bring a stray to them.
Oakville HS is a good one....and no I don't work for them, but know ACO's there and they have a great shelter.

ACO22

chico2
May 5th, 2008, 04:23 PM
ACO,you are right,I am very proud of our HS here in Oakville...I just find it strange that not all HS's have the same policies:confused:

NoahGrey
May 12th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Forgot to mention. If it is a Bengal, it is probably from a breeder. If a good reputable breeder, ALWAYS takes their animals back. They should also be chipped and or have a tattoo.

ACO22

shank21
July 25th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while...
I contacted the humane society in the morning, the cat was no where to be found. Left my info if anyone was calling for him.
It wasn't either one of those cats listed......it was bigger than that kitten & not so bengal looking for the second one. He had bengal markings but long hair so could have been a mix........personally I think he just worked me for food and went back home.?? He was very well groomed, if not someone else took him in because he was going from door to door earlier......

chico2
July 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Shank,better late than never:thumbs up
We'll just have to hope the owners found him or someone else took him in,he must have been a beauty.