Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

After the Spaying

JamesO
April 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Kelly II is happy to be home with her teddy after being spayed today. She looks a bit depressed right now, but she should perk up by tomorrow.

James O.

jealma
April 30th, 2008, 08:13 PM
awe, she looks so sad. Give her lots and lots of hugs. I have to take Abby in one of these days. I've been bad putting it off, I am actually stressed over sending her in for it, but I will because it's the right thing to do. Hope your baby is up and feeling back to herself soon.. She is so cute

deb12
May 1st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Poor sweetie, give us an update on how she is doing...

Give her hugs and kisses too...:grouphug:

ancientgirl
May 1st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Awww, she'll be okay. She looks like a little sweetie. I'm sure she'll be up and about today.

loopoo
May 1st, 2008, 02:49 PM
awww what a sweetie..:lovestruck: hope she is feeling better today

rainbow
May 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
How's the little :lovestruck: cutie doing today? I think we need more pics. :D

JamesO
May 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Kelly II is doing much better three days after her surgery. She is back to bouncing around, only in moderation.

The vet wanted her to wear a collar because she was licking her incision. We purchased one from the vet, but when we put it on her, she stuck her foot through it. I guess she didn't read the instructions that states that its the head that goes in that there hole, not the foot.

We knew the collar wouldn't work so we tried wrapping cheese cloth around her belly and tying it on top. That didn't work well either because it bunched up and she still licked. We then tried an elastic support bandage that is about four inches wide and several feet long. We cut it to size, placed a small bit of gauze on the incision and wrapped the support bandage around her, fastening it on top with the hooks that came with it. This bandage is completely breathable and works like a charm because it stretches as she moves and then return to its original shape.

I should note that we only use this at night and at other times when we cannot watch her. Sure beats that depressing collar.

James O