Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Owwie :(

onster
April 30th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I think Ive written before about this skinny black cat with the highly annoying meow that comes around in the summer. It also once got stuck in our garage..apparently adopted by someone a few streets away but used to be a stray so begs for food.

I was out this morning weeding and just about to go back in the house when it hopped on the deck and came to nuzzle my leg, i pet it a little and noticed that he is still not neutered :yell:...I was a little wary of petting him too cuz of something I may pass on to my boys. Anyway, Bunduk and Onnie were both peering at me thru the back door, very curious of kitty. I mentioned b4 the reason I got bunduk was actually this black kitty who Onnie spotted once and then would wait for for days and days (by running from window to window), he seemed like he just wanted to play with kitty.

Anyway so then black kitty spotted Onnie and Bunduk and they looked at ea other thru the glass, then black kitty hissed and all hell broke loose. My cats were like "cool a cat" and didnt do anything, Onnie still wants to play...but the black cat went BERZERK I tried to shoo it away cuz at this point I just wanted to go inside and it lunged at my leg :yell: Thankfully no teeth, just claws I cleaned it up really well but I have all these wheels from the scratches :sad: If it gets worse Ill go to the clinic...

Oh and to top it off Onnie and Bunduk are now trying to beat eachother up :yell:

Why cant this woman keep her cat inside??? i called her b4 when it lost its collar on our deck (he doesnt wear a collar anymore) and she said oh he's like that, he begs for food (incessant meowing when were watching tv, living room adjacent to deck) I told her that I have neighbours that have come by and told me "oh is that YOUR cat :frustrated:" when they looked at Onnie and I told them no, that is another cat, Onnie is indoor only. I fear that someday someone is gonna get mad and hurt this cat. I wish I still had the ladies number but that was last fall that I called her :shrug:

onster
April 30th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I understand having an indoor-outdoor cat when you dont know better. My last cat, Ty was indoor-outdoor b4 I knew better and one day he just never returned :sad: However that being said when one day someone called me to say they found his collar and she began to tell me that he often visited her yard to look at her koi I immediately told her I would keep him inside so he doesn't hurt them and apologised, she told me that it was alright he just liked to look at them and she liked him visiting.

I don't understand why, if she knows he annoys so many people, she will not keep her cat inside? Even if she thought, as many ppl, that cats are happier outside once his presence outside infringes on other's right to peace and quiet as well as safety then I believe she no longer has a choice but to keep the cat inside....no?

Jim Hall
April 30th, 2008, 11:53 AM
i assume you thourghly washed all the scratches off outdoor cat scrastches can be nasty

Frenchy
April 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Why cant this woman keep her cat inside???

Because , there's a lot of morons on this earth and she's one of them. Not only she's letting her cat outside , but it's uneutered :wall: so she's contributing to the overpopulation :mad:

If you do see her one day , just tell her her cat could get kill by the dangerous stray dog that lurks around your place :D

hazelrunpack
April 30th, 2008, 03:39 PM
:grouphug: How are your scratches doing, onster? Better, I hope? :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
April 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
:grouphug:

A word of caution - if your skin around the scratches starts streaking red go to the dr asap.

It's unfortunate how many cats are killed/hurt all the time because people let them out unsupervised :sad: All of my cats were indoor/outdoor but not anymore so many hazards: cats, disease, cars, dogs, people.

Perhaps a letter in her mailbox outlining some hazards of letting her cat out and one about neutering? Do they have something like that @ the local vets office/shelter?

ancientgirl
April 30th, 2008, 04:12 PM
:grouphug:

Perhaps a letter in her mailbox outlining some hazards of letting her cat out and one about neutering? Do they have something like that @ the local vets office/shelter?

That's a good idea. You can just look for something online and print it out and stuff it in her box, or on her door.

onster
April 30th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Jim, I cleaned them up really well - thankfully I was wearing jeans so it wasnt too bad. That being said, even with indoor 'clean' cats if they accidently scratch me the site swells from my allergies. So though they are raised streaks now Im not too concerned. Pretty sure its just my allergies.

Thanks for the advice growler.

Unfortunately I dont know where this woman lives exactly (just the street name) nor do I know what she looks like. The collar had on the number of a local vet (not even my own) and when I called them they took my number and passed it on to her. She called me back and we discussed it over the phone. She told me the next time the cat comes back to just put the collar on him, which I did. :shrug:

I have no contact with her and since he doesnt even wear a collar anymore I cant slip a note on that at all :shrug:. I really think our local society needs to get their stuff togehter, they have to follow up and S/N or do it before animals leave the shelter.

chico2
April 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Onster,i've been through that kind of thing a few times,I believe scratches are not as bad as bites,which I had,but still keep an eye on them.
If this woman has not even had him neutered,she obviously does not care whether he lives or die,or how many cats he will impregnate:yell:
There are irresponsible jerks everywhere:evil:

onster
April 30th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I thought of u chico when this happened. I know u had bad experience with scratches and bites :grouphug:

i also thought of rocky when Onnie seemed very intolerant of Bunduk after this happened. He took a chunk out of Bunduk's fur :sad: But they both calmed down after cuddles thankfully :)