Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for

t.pettet
April 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Am putting the word out to adopt a male med size mutt. How refreshing is this? Middle aged retired couple don't want a tea-cup or designer, pitt or pure-bred, just a plain ordinary mutt as close to puppy-hood as possible. They live in the country and hubby likes to walk everyday. Responsible, loving home available to some lucky pup so if anyone knows of a needy dog within 200 miles of Ottawa please let me know. Thanks.

diandpat
April 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Wow, with such broad criteria you would probably be able to find a perfect companion on petfinder. Have you tried there? Lots of rescues have postings there.

Good luck!

Frenchy
April 29th, 2008, 08:14 PM
For sure petfinder will have what they're looking for ! They sound like a really nice couple ! :thumbs up

the gang
April 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM
where are you??? try the rescue sites in our area good luck

Melinda
April 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM
would they be interested in a rescue dog from India? Male, 45-50 pounds, short haired,neutured, house trained, indoor dog, up to date on shots, he should be arriving in Canada/cornwall in approx. 10 weeks with his two sisters...if so, could you pm me and I'll give you the contact number.

badger
April 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM
What's the story on the dogs being shipped from India? I met women travellers there who rescued bazaar dogs (for protection, one said) and then took them home on the plane.

Melinda
April 30th, 2008, 09:44 AM
What's the story on the dogs being shipped from India? I met women travellers there who rescued bazaar dogs (for protection, one said) and then took them home on the plane.

if I am not allowed to post this, please remove it mods?

ok, here's what I have so far
3 - dogs
arrival time- 3months
age - appr. 1 yr
spayed/neutured
up to date on shots
housebroken
1-male
2-females
weight, appr. 45-50 pounds
various colors,
short hair.
adoption fee's to be discussed

here's the story, one of Brina's trainers clients is in India, street dogs are treated horribly there, she fell in love with one litter of pups, took the 4 into her home there, one is now at trainers being boarded for 3 months. The other 3 will arrive with her in 3 months, they are living as inside dogs only. I'll be going to meet the little female where she is boarding and will take a picture of her, she also has pics of the other 3 and I will scan them and post at that time. if anyone is interested or know of a rescue that would take them in please pm me for contact information.