Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My teacup poodle was stolen

Lady_Gadget
April 29th, 2008, 09:15 AM
$ Reward $

Loved & Missed By Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
$1500 One Thousand And Five Hundred Dollar Reward!!!!!!!!
Male White Teacup Poodle!!!!!!!
Named Tiny A.k.a. Tine Tine Small Three Years Old Dog
Last Seen @ Alderwood Plaza
Turn Tiny In To Humane Society Police
Or Call 416 854 4482 For Reward!!!

Chris21711
April 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Can you post more details, where exactly is Alderwoods Plaza?

Hope you find him soon.

jealma
April 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I agree, more details. Like where the dog lives and what colours and weight the dog is. Also how come you say stolen? Did you see someone take her/him?

NoahGrey
April 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I hope you find him...but you do you know he has been stolen?

ACO22

aslan
April 29th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Alderwood plaza is at evans ave and Browns line in etobicoke, ont. I live just around the corner from there lady-gadget and my son works at the shoe store in the plaze we will keep our eyes open.

CyberKitten
April 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Also, do as much as you can yourself to find him. Hire a pet detective if you have to - he may have run away. Do yiu have evidence he was stolen? There are many excellent web sites dedicated to helping ppl with lots pets- Melanie Pugh for example, type in her name in a search engine and her site will come up. She has excellent ideas on how to find your loved one.

For the record, there is no such thing as a Teacup dog. People call them that but it is not an actual name according to any registry. They are really really tiny dogs, sometime bred for that which is not necessarily a good thing (medically speaking) but some turn out healthy and those are sold. They are indeed cute and I know you love him and I do hope you find him.

You also need to provided info whether he has been micro chipped, call every vet in your area - the vets' association, put fliers everywhere in your area and city. It sounds like money is no object so I also would contact people in areas nearby and put up posters. There are two schools of thought about providing a name -of the dog. Some think it can be used to lure the dog, esp a friendly one Others think it can help if someone sees the dog running and can call him to come to them.

Like you, I would provide a huge reward if anyone stole my valuable cats (two of whim are Grand Champions) but unless I had a ransom note or I or someone else saw them being stolen, would not jump to that conclusion. Grated, these are Shhynx so are unlikely to go out so there would be have to evidence of a break in tho I have neighbours who watch my house closely. I'd keep looking and have friends look everywhere and call the media in local communities nearby. Also contact local rescues, they may find him - you never know if a neighbour may have taken him and placed him somewhere and he could show up in a rescue. This is more common than p[pl realize. Neighbours who do not like pets will steal the cat or dog or rabbit even and let the animal out in an area far from their home 9so they cannot smell their way back - such a cruel thing to do, If I ever met someone who did that, I do not know if I could retrain myself from being violent and I am not at all a violent person). Credible breeders sometimes have micro chopped a baby animal so that should help and I;d contact the breeder right away in the event her or his name still comes up.

I had a poodle (toy - I was warned against teacups by an astute breeder) and he took off on a little adventure once and family, friends and I spent that entire evening searching until the little explorer came running up the street!! I wish you luck in finding yours!