Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh the drama.....

pitgrrl
April 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Basil and Streets have not been out since 8:30 this morning. One would think their little bladders would be exploding at this point, but Mr. Prissy pants and his faithful sidekick Mr. Wussy have refused to go out 3 times now.

Why? Because it's raining and the poor, mistreated babies don't want to get their little toes wet. Even the usually fool proof trick of squeeking a toy and then chucking it out the door hasn't worked.

I called the BF at work, he's brining home yellow rain ponchos with hoods (which I'm getting for free because they haven't sold in 2 years. I can't imagine why :shrug: ) in hopes of humiliating them into going outside.

If that plan fails, I have two options: figure out how to trap a squirrel or borrow someone's kitty

hazelrunpack
April 28th, 2008, 03:01 PM
:laughing: I hope your camera is ready for when they try on their new rain ponchos...or are the ponchos for you? :o

We have a bunch of woossies, too, but we had snow instead of rain this morning, so they weren't quite as hard to get out. :D

pitgrrl
April 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
The ponchos are for the dogs, and there will be pictures, many, many pictures :laughing:

I wish they'd just learn to use the toilet already :rolleyes:

breeze
April 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM
pitgirl I hope you find an answer soon cause with the amount of rain we are supose to get,
you may even need an ark instead of the yellow ponchos..
where's aslan she knows how to build an ark....

Bree will go out but if there is a puddle she will do anything in her power to jump over, go around, or even under it....:laughing::laughing:

rainbow
April 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM
:laughing: What woosie dogs all you guys have got. :D

The ponchos are for the dogs, and there will be pictures, many, many pictures :laughing:

WOOO HOOO :highfive: I just know they're going to be priceless. :D

pitgrrl
April 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Well I found a solution. It involved totally embarrassing myself on Mont-Royal Blvd, lifting 100+lbs of dog (which is about the same size as me), sprinting and making squeeking noises come out of my pocket.

It was fun, sort of. I would give anything for a backyard.

Frenchy
April 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I wanna see them in rain coats please please please :pray:

hazelrunpack
April 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I wanna see the video of the solution! :eek: How do you sprint while carrying a dog that size! :D Now that would have been a sight to behold... :thumbs up

pitgrrl
April 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I wanna see them in rain coats please please please :pray:

The rain coats were a total disaster. They are the stupidest things ever. I don't even care that they were free, I'm returning them.

I wanna see the video of the solution! :eek: How do you sprint while carrying a dog that size! :D Now that would have been a sight to behold... :thumbs up

It's actually two dogs, but their combined weight is about 100lbs. I looked so stupid, picture a busy shopping street, filled with people and me lifting one dog, putting them in a sit/stay in the rain, grabbing the second dog then waving a squeek toy at them while trying to run through all the people and their umbrellas. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing I love them, because I'm not all that found of public humiliation :laughing:

Frenchy
April 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
The rain coats were a total disaster. They are the stupidest things ever. I don't even care that they were free, I'm returning them.

:sad: :sad:

hazelrunpack
April 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM

Must've been why they didn't sell in the first place! :rolleyes:

It's actually two dogs, but their combined weight is about 100lbs. I looked so stupid, picture a busy shopping street, filled with people and me lifting one dog, putting them in a sit/stay in the rain, grabbing the second dog then waving a squeek toy at them while trying to run through all the people and their umbrellas. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing I love them, because I'm not all that found of public humiliation :laughing:

:laughing: I can't wait to see the video when it hits YouTube!

growler~GateKeeper
April 29th, 2008, 02:08 AM
:laugh: so did you get any pics of the dogs in the stupidest ever yellow rain ponchos?? :fingerscr :D

MissDorsie
April 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM
We have a show called "Americas Funniest Videos". A video like that would probably claim 1st place! :laughing:

SnowDancer
April 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I have a wonderful yellow raincoat with a hood (too bad it is yellow since I look awful in that colour) - but it isn't a poncho so I can understand your problem. I bought mine in Halifax - it is like the type the police wear - heavy rubber and long - I am 5'8" and it comes close to my ankles. It serves 2 purposes - the rain of course and also I wear it in the car over my navy wool coat because of my very WHITE ESKIMO - who loves to turn me into tweed. Mine is a Size L - it was the last one at the store in Halifax - the display model. My husband told me I would look like a dork in it - well, the first heavy rain we had after said purchase he wore it over his suit and then tried to claim it. Not likely. He had to go to Halifax again in Sept. so I called the store - none left of course, but they took my number. Last month they called me - a new shipment had arrived - and they were going fast. So I ordered 2 more - one for each of us and an XL so husband could wear it over his coat during heavy cold rain. I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE FOR THE DOG. They did make a dog version but at 22 lbs. my guy seems to be on the cusp of everything. I could tell the S would be too small and the M too long and a buy does have to "go" even if he does squat - very feminine my boy. Everybody asks me where I bought this darned coat - even the mailman. I wanted to get one for the lady who boards our dog, but she is only 5' and apparently the S is about the length of the L so it wouldn't have worked. At $39.95 one of my better buys. Shipping for the 2 coats came to $12 from Halifax to Toronto so cheaper than gas and parking as well. I bet your pups looked cute even if the ponchos weren't effective.

pitgrrl
April 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Here ya go guys. Basil kept taking the raincoat down off the shelf and dragging it over the bed to cuddle with, 'cause he's a weirdo like that. He wasn't so into it when I put it on though :laughing:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2355/2452705610_ef1bc69993.jpg

luckypenny
April 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
OMG, Little Yellow Ridinghood :laughing: ! Oh, but does the color ever suit him :cloud9: . He looks so pretty :D .

growler~GateKeeper
April 29th, 2008, 11:15 PM
AWWWWW :lovestruck: so cute Thanks for the pic :cloud9: Now we need one of Streets in his :D

Maybe Basil just likes the colour yellow :crazy:......or he's trying to secretly chew it so he can't wear it anymore :evil:

hazelrunpack
April 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I think it's very stylish! And LP is right--the color suits him to a T! Although I must say he's looking a mite anxious...is he looking at Streets to make sure Streets isn't making fun of him behind his back? :D