Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

All my cats are sneezing

DoeZ
April 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know if cats can get colds or allergies? This is pretty weird but all my cats are sneezing lately. I don't mean just a tiny sneeze but huge sneezes and all over us too. The other night I was sitting on the edge of my bed taking a sip of drink and all of a sudden my cat sneezed...well it scared me to daylights and of course I ended up wearing my drink...of course I was laughing about it cuz I thought it was funny...but now I'm getting sorta concerned here. Their indoor cats(3) all are spayed/neutered and play with each other...but just recently they have been sneezing like crazy. I keep my house clean and all and their litter box is cleaned daily...Does anyone have any suggestions to whats going on here? Thanks so much for any advice.:thankyou:

duttypaws
April 27th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Lola sneezes too i just assume its the pollen or something....vet said it could be a virus.. ?

growler~GateKeeper
April 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I think you need to take all 3 to the vet and have them checked asap it could be an upper respiratory infection such as feline viral rhinotrachitis or calicivirus, it could also be feline immunodeficiancy virus or feline leukemia, or could be allergies

:goodvibes: let us know what the vet says & welcome to pets.ca

Winston
April 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Well put Growler...especially since it can be air bourne your kitties can catch it....Welcome to the site and hope all goes well at the vet.

Cindy

Love4himies
April 28th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Could be a cold (virus) or a bacterial infection. If there is any discharge from their sneeze, then a vet may put them on antibiotics for an URI.

You can also try l-lysine (sp??) that is suppose to help with cold viruses.

Love4himies
April 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
If it is calicivirus, it is very contagous!

want4rain
April 28th, 2008, 10:41 AM
is it reallywet and humid?? when we bought our house everyone got the sneezies and URI's because we had moldint he crawlspace and heat ducts. if the rest of those thigns dont pan out, maybe get that checked??

-ashley

Love4himies
April 28th, 2008, 10:52 AM
is it reallywet and humid?? when we bought our house everyone got the sneezies and URI's because we had moldint he crawlspace and heat ducts. if the rest of those thigns dont pan out, maybe get that checked??

-ashley

Yes, mould can make cats sneeze like crazy. I bought a used room humidifer that made Snowball sneeze continuously, noticed a couple of days later, a film all over my dresser. I threw the humidifer out and didn't have a problem after that.

leizels_mom
June 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
my 3 have been sneezing too but it is very hot and humid they get over it in a few days,,,,,