Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sunday morning giggle

pbpatti
April 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I thought I was doing really well until yesterday morning when I took Sable to Home Depot so I could pick up some paint.The store in my neighborhood is really good I like the staff as they are so helpful.We get to Home Depot at about 8:45 am get our paint and proceed to the cash out..they have two cahiers open one in the lumber area and one in the main area, they also have about 4 self serve cashouts..It is Saturday morning at the hardware store and they have TWO cashiers on, this is when I find out that yes I am sleeped deprived and getting cranky..I had a TEMPER TANTRUM:laughing::laughing:, my Mom said that I never had tantrums as a child. Can you picture this a 52 year old women standing in the cash yourself out line " I am not doing this, I am on strike, we are not doing this (she looks around to see if she has any backup)nope".. I try to ring in one can of paint machine goes click ...please wait for assitance...no no no, " I am not doing this, I am not doing this, do this for me"..with a whiny voice even:crazy:* OMG I was not even embarassed I was just so upset, I got the puppy at my feet pulling all over I got paint etc...well finally a clerk comes over and finishes scanning my item and off I go:laughing::laughing:...the only thing I did not do was stomp my feet:Dthat is when you realize you are sleep deprived....today is no better but I think that when puppy:angel: has a nap I should too.:needhug:** pbp

ancientgirl
April 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Oh man, sleep deprivation is murder. LOL, at least Sable can't refuse to go out with you again for embarrassing him:D

pbpatti
April 27th, 2008, 03:01 PM
We had to go to Home Depot today again and they did not kick us out so I guess our money is still good:D

hazelrunpack
April 27th, 2008, 08:38 PM
:grouphug:

Puppies come trained for causing sleep deprivation, don't ya know...sort of like newborns. :D There is both an upside and a downside to this.

The upside is that sleep deprivation is actually a very potent antidepressant. :eek: No, really!

The downsides are numerous, however: temper tantrums, short term memory loss, falling asleep at odd moments (:fingerscr not when driving :eek:), etc. hazel has always found the memory loss aspect to be most troublesome.

The upside is that sleep deprivation is actually a very potent antidepressant. :eek: No, really!

But I hate having no short term memory. :o

:laugh:

Did you get your nap, by the way? (Or did you forget?) :p

pbpatti
April 27th, 2008, 08:43 PM
:grouphug:Puppies come trained for causing sleep deprivation, don't ya know...sort of like newborns.* :D* There is both an upside and a downside to this.* The upside is that sleep deprivation is actually a very potent antidepressant.* :eek:* No, really!The downsides are numerous, however:* temper tantrums, short term memory loss, falling asleep at odd moments (:fingerscr not when driving :eek:), etc.* hazel has always found the memory loss aspect to be most troublesome.The upside is that sleep deprivation is actually a very potent antidepressant.* :eek:* No, really!But I hate having no short term memory.* :o:laugh:Did you get your nap, by the way?* (Or did you forget?)* :pdarn, I knew i forgot somethig today,no nap, busy, :Dmemory?***** Too busy cuddling

please do not look at the room it is utter chaos like the rest of the house:D:wall:

onster
April 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM
omg she is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute :cloud9:

so worht the sleep deprevation :D

and thanks for the laugh :laughing: tehehehe

hazelrunpack
April 27th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Is she watching TV with you? :cloud9: What a sweet little girl! :lovestruck:

Longblades
April 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
My gosh! Did I get mixed up with another post? Is she really only 9 weeks old? She's so BIG. Or is it the angle of the shot? Black Labs are best. :) My puppy boy is a black Lab too. You got a good picture with lots of definition in it. Black is hard to photograph. I just wrote up the six month report I have to send to the breeder and in it I have included a lovely head shot of my boy but, darn, there's a big eye goober in one eye. Phooey, spoils it.

pbpatti
April 28th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I took that picture while I was trying to type here..I just got really lucky, Sable is 14 lbs and growing too soon she will not fit in my arms:sad:

MissDorsie
April 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM
What an absolutely beautiful pup! Almost puts mine to shame.

Longblades
April 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
No, no, she'll always fit. My lad is 40 lbs at six months and he has figured out how to contort himself so he still fits. They can curl up into a really small space if need be. :)

glasslass
April 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM
What a sweetie! Puppy breath! I miss it!