Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! New Puppy

Pimpcess
June 26th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I got this new puppy about a month ago and shes about 3 months old. My dad says she has to stay outside in her pen because he does not want he to go to the bathroom all over our house. How can I train her to be an indoor dog but let her tell us when she needs out to go to the bathroom?

Luba
June 27th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Well what can you do if your dad wants the puppy to stay outside? Will you undermine your fathers wish, then have him angry at you and the puppy if it soils in the house.

So why did you get this puppy...ask your lovely father..if he didn't want the dog to mess in the house.

This is sad! This poor puppy shouldn't be outside. ANYTHING can happy to the poor dear! This is the prime time for pups to be socializing with us and other pups/dogs. Keeping the pup outside will deter from any proper socialization.

We can offer suggestions and advise but why don't you get permission first!

LavenderRott
June 27th, 2004, 12:24 AM
It is darn hard to housebreak a dog that isn't in the house.

chico2
June 27th, 2004, 09:36 AM
This little puppy definetly does not have a good start,if I were you,seeing it's your fathers house,I would try to find the puppy a new home,while he is still small and cute.Your dad obviously does not care for the dog and it will be much worse when the dog is fully grown and untrained.
Puppys belong inside!!!!

Shmyst
July 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM
When I got my puppy he was two months old and had been confined to a kitchen with littermates. He was untrained. I made sure that I always took him out imediatly after he woke up or just after eating. You also have to be prepared to wake up in the middle of the night if they need to go (for the first few months). When ever we went outside I told him to go potty, when he did it he got praised. Now if you tell him to go potty, he goes pretty much imediatly. As for teaching him how to ask to go out, I cann't help you. I never had that problem, he seemed to know that he just had to paw at me. Hope this helps.

glasslass
July 16th, 2004, 12:35 PM
What breed is your puppy? We'd love to see a picture of her. :)

heidiho
July 16th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Hi kibbles..

sammiec
July 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I don't understand why you think everyone is kibbles....

Cactus Flower
July 16th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Because this person really does sound exactly like Kibbles, alias "JindoForLife", alias "ElectricMutt" (if memory serves), and numerous others. Kibbles has a very distinct way of writing and spelling.

Because Kibbles posts all over this site under many different names, wasting the energies of good people like you who try to help, who spend time tapping away at their keyboards giving advice for NONEXISTANT ANIMALS, not to mention feeling terrible over the poor (nonexistant) creatures. (Look up the "geirbal" thread, the "Jindo" thread.....)

Because maybe Heidi wants to spare people the aggravation of pouring their hearts and efforts out in vain.

If this "pimpcess" isn't Kibbles, I'll be very very surprised. And will give due apology.

heidiho
July 16th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Thank you cactusflower,that is why sammiec,i am not ignorant and they do write just like each other,i do not think everyone is kibbles,just a few i see that seem to keep being new odd names....

Luba
July 16th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Well the O.P hasn't returned, that should tell ya something :D