Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Burlington, Ontario

potter
April 24th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hi there!Just a quick hello to everyone on here! I'm new and I hope I can meet others who live here that have small dogs who can share tips and stories and also dog sitting. I would love to do the same (dog sit) for the person whom trust their dog with me so this is not a one way thing. Would really love to find a good friend for him so that they may enjoy some good time together.

I have a 10 lbs male Yorkie who is quiet, friendly, loves to play and meet other people and dogs and he is very cute! I am married and Pao (my little man's name) is my only kid right now and he will always be my furkid no matter what.

Edit: I forgot to add that my Yorkie is 2 years old on 28th June :P

hazelrunpack
April 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the board, potter!

Too far away for the dog sitting, unfortunately, and I suspect my crew would overwhelm anything smaller than a mastadon...but I'm looking forward to hearing about your Pao and seeing pics when you are able to post some. :D

luckypenny
April 24th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Welcome Potter :) . We have several members from your area. Maybe they'll be by shortly to greet you too. Looking forward to seeing pics as well :goodvibes: .

chico2
April 25th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Welcome Potter in Burlington!
I am sure you can find someone wanting a reliable,reasonable dog-sitter,maybe put an ad in the local Burlington paper?
I have 3 cats,but we walk our neighbors little Cocker,Bailey,every day and have for 3 years now.
We don't charge anything though,we do it because we love Bailey and for us to get exersize:dog:

Elizabeth Ann
April 25th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Hello Potter.
I too live in Burlington and I have three small dogs.

My little Gizmo used to have a best friend that was a Yorkie.

Do you ever go to the off leash parks?

jealma
April 25th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Hi, Welcome to our home away from home. I live too far away too, but I do have a small dog. A shih tzu. Hope to get to know you better.

potter
April 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :). Elizabeth Ann, I didn't realize there is an off leash dog park in Burlington? I just moved to Burlington from Toronto. Where is the dog park? Is it just for small dogs? I usually just bring him for walks around our housing area either to Sheldon Park or Sherwood Forest Park but there is not special fenced area for dogs to be off leashed and we have some big dogs here that aren't very friendly so I have to be careful. It would be nice if we can meet up and let the little ones play.

Edit to add: Oops! I was going to attach a picture and I totally got distracted and forgot all about it. Here are some pictures. I love to snap pictures when he is sleeping otherwise he wouldn't be looking at the camera half of the time :P

Enjoy!I hope the links work

Edit again: I am not able to add the pictures. Below is the link to his dogster page and I have uploaded pictures there. Enjoy! :)

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/410379

jealma
April 25th, 2008, 04:17 PM
You will beable to add pictures after a short while. Just check the size because there is a limit that you can post. I took a peek at your baby. Awful cute.

FancyAppy
April 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Welcome.I have not been here very long but have found that everyone is very friendly and really loves their pets.There is alot of great info here . I know you will enjoy your time here.

Elizabeth Ann
April 28th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :). Elizabeth Ann, I didn't realize there is an off leash dog park in Burlington? I just moved to Burlington from Toronto. Where is the dog park? Is it just for small dogs? I usually just bring him for walks around our housing area either to Sheldon Park or Sherwood Forest Park but there is not special fenced area for dogs to be off leashed and we have some big dogs here that aren't very friendly so I have to be careful. It would be nice if we can meet up and let the little ones play.

Edit to add: Oops! I was going to attach a picture and I totally got distracted and forgot all about it. Here are some pictures. I love to snap pictures when he is sleeping otherwise he wouldn't be looking at the camera half of the time :P

Enjoy!I hope the links work

Edit again: I am not able to add the pictures. Below is the link to his dogster page and I have uploaded pictures there. Enjoy! :)

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/410379

There are two parks in Burlington. One is on King Road north of the North service Road, and the other is in the Buloak/lakeshore area. The one in the burloak/lakshore has an area for small dogs. the one on king road is just a big fenced in area. I take my dogs to the King Road location because I am trying to get them used to being around large dogs. Each time we go they do a little better.

potter
May 28th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you!:)