Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The weekly edition of kitties.........

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I have moved the kitties indoors!! Yes, with mom!! She is coming around slowly but surely... She lets me pick up the kittens whenever I want to. :cloud9:
I must say, I LOVE dog crates!!!!!
They are all boys. The white one is the only one with eye issues. If anyone has any ideas for what I can use to clean them up it would be appreciated.

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I love these ones!
#1 - I gotta tell you a secret.
#2 - Ok, my turn.
#3 - Slippery!

meg4050
April 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
awwwwwww 14+ they are absolutley ADORABLE!!! The secret pic is sooo cute! i want one i want one i want one!:laughing:

You're an angel for taking care of these babies and mom!:cloud9:

onster
April 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
are they polydactyl?

Omg soooooooo cute :cloud9:....i love their eyes :lovestruck:

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Ummm Meg...... you can have one. :D My kids live in London. I am sure I am heading that way soon. :rolleyes:

Winston
April 24th, 2008, 06:47 PM
OMG I love the last one! Were you on the floor for that one? Did you say mom and kitties were in doors? so mom is not really too scared after all? how does mom and kitties get along with the rest of the cats?

Cindy

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Geezzzz Onster - thanks for the new word!!! :laughing::laughing: I had to go look it up. :o :p
And then I had to go count toes!!!!

No, they aren't. Just 4 toes on 4 cute little feeties.

duttypaws
April 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck: kittenssssssssss :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck: they are so cuuuuuute

is mummy ok with you being close then?

onster
April 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
LOL sorry 14+, it just looked liked it with the slippery pic and the second pic. hehehehe :crazy:

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
OMG I love the last one! Were you on the floor for that one? Did you say mom and kitties were in doors? so mom is not really too scared after all? how does mom and kitties get along with the rest of the cats?

Cindy

I put the camera on the floor and got lucky Cindy. :D I love that one too.
The other kitties are all back outside in their catuary. Mylee was moping in here so I gave in and took her back out with her cousins and siblings.
Mom is still really skittyish (sp) which is why I like the crate. But she is the one who has let me touch the other litters she had. It's when she doesn't have kittens she is really bad. I am the only one who can be in the kitchen when she is not in the crate. She goes wonky if anyone else is around. But I have her now. As soon as able she will go from the crate/kitchen to the carrier to get fixed. One down.........3 to go.....:D

Winston
April 24th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Do you have picture of the mom?

meg4050
April 24th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Ummm Meg...... you can have one. :D My kids live in London. I am sure I am heading that way soon. :rolleyes:

I'm in Toronto though! Ooooh but Romeo needs a friend!!! :laughing: Must call Mom :D

I love the tabby with the little white feet :lovestruck:

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Np onster. I love learning new words.
I haven't got pics of mom yet Cindy. I have been getting lots of pics of the babies though! I will try to remember next week. She looks a lot like her daughter Nipper though. Lots of white.

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Meg - it will be a while before they are ready to go anywhere. They are 3 weeks old tomorrow so you have to wait. :p You have lots of time to convince mom.
Both the little tabbies have white feet. I have named one of them Mittens because his one foot looks like those mitts with the fingers cut off. But he can be renamed. :D
Oh, and my other son.....he lives in Newmarket!!! :)

meg4050
April 24th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Mittens :lovestruck::lovestruck::laughing:

I've considered fostering again or adopting another in the summer, so maybe!! But to be fair to Peaches, I don't want to put him under more stress until these meds are figured out! :fingerscr:goodvibes: I can't really afford another cat if these testings keep up but maybe it will be all straightened out when they're ready to leave mom :laughing:

14+kitties
April 24th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry for taking off like that. Just back for a sec and then I have to go. I would think by 2nd or 3rd week of June they could be separated from mom. And of course Peaches comes first, always. I keep hoping the meds will get worked out for him. You need to post more pics of that angel and update us on what is happening....please. :D
Gotta go........

Frenchy
April 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
ahhhhhh , adorable ! Love the secrets sharing :laughing: but my fav is the darker kitty in the first picture , just look at his face ! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
OMG they are all so cute! I love the first one. The little gray kitty has the most adorable look on his face!

meg4050
April 25th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Sorry for taking off like that. Just back for a sec and then I have to go. I would think by 2nd or 3rd week of June they could be separated from mom. And of course Peaches comes first, always. I keep hoping the meds will get worked out for him. You need to post more pics of that angel and update us on what is happening....please. :D
Gotta go........

I'm sure I'll have lots of pics soon! He's in London for the week with my parents and Romeo and Barkley...and my mom jut got a new camera so she'll need to test it out on the trio :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
April 25th, 2008, 01:07 AM
:lovestruck: :cloud9: Love the secret sharing pics :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Way too cute :lovestruck:

:highfive: :thumbs up for getting kits & mum inside = 1 mama soon to be spayed :thumbs up

Love4himies
April 25th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Ohhhhhh kitten pictures :lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9: Thank you for sharing these little sweeties with us.

I am so happy you got them in the house, looks like they are adjusting just fine! You are an absolute :angel2:!

chico2
April 25th, 2008, 06:58 AM
OMG,kittens:lovestruck::lovestruck:
Can you just imagine where they would be,were it not for you:yell:
You are an absolute kitty:angel2:

14+kitties
April 25th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Meg - I am going to hold you to the new pics. :D Soon please.
Yes growler, one down, three more........
L4H - the kittens aren't bothered at all. Mom is a different story but she is coming around slowly. It is amazing how much she is almost identical to her Nipper. Uncanny. But the white kitten has almost the same identical markings on him too. Same spots.
Chico, I have often wondered about that. If I have stepped in where I shouldn't maybe. I would think nature would have taken it's course and most would not be here. Coyotes, cars, weather, etc. But I am so very very glad I have them. They keep me sane.

krdahmer
April 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Sane? LOL I think if I had that many kitties to care for I'd be a bit on the batty side! ;) :laughing:

That is so great that you got mom and kittens together! :thumbs up They are so adorable! That whole gaggle of kitties you have all have similar colouring eh.... I imagine that whole colony started with just two intact and unwanted cats. Amazing how fast they can multiply.

And those kitties really have it made.... living in a 5 star kitty hotel (the catuary) with top notch staff (lol- you)! It's no wonder they keep spreading the word! :cloud9::grouphug:

rainbow
April 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
OMG....did someone say CUTENESS OVERLOAD !!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

I love the "I gotta secret pics" :flirt: and the last pic is just tooo adorable. :cloud9:

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I know this might be animal abuse :whistle:, but could you squeeze them for me and then could you send me one to squeeze myself!! OMG they are so cute!!:flirt::flirt:

phoozles
April 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
OMG those are adorable! I :lovestruck: them all!
Sweet little babies! :cloud9:

breeze
April 25th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I love the I got a secret pictures... that is pricless cute..

TeriM
April 25th, 2008, 03:36 PM
OMG, those are just the sweetest pictures :cloud9:. They are soooooo adorable :lovestruck:.

glasslass
April 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I love the little guy sitting in the corner of the first picture. :lovestruck:

14+kitties
April 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone! There is just something about a baby kitten.
Good news, good news!! The last picture won my son in law over. My daughter and he are adopting him! :thumbs up He will stay with me until they move into their new house the end of June and then I will deliver him. His name is Sparta. I guess his big head in the picture reminded my son in law of a lion or some silly thing. :rolleyes:
They also have someone else interested in another kitten. That is great!
I have already started to work on next week's edition. :D - Week 4
Oh, and Shredy - they have been appropriately squeezed. :)

Frenchy
April 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Good news, good news!! The last picture won my son in law over. My daughter and he are adopting him! :thumbs up

wooohooo ! :highfive:

rainbow
April 25th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I second the WOO HOO ....great news. :thumbs up

chicago dogs
April 26th, 2008, 01:16 AM
OMG, they are so cute, those are some great pictures!!!!:thumbs up

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I'm so glad you are finding homes for them. What about the third kitty? Does he have a potential new home too?:fingerscr

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 08:19 AM
ancient - we are working on meg4050 but shhhhh, she doesn't know it yet. :D
Actually, she does. :fingerscr That means there are only somewhere around 9 or 10 more to go from this years' batch. I am putting pics up at the vet's office so let's hope. I still have to find the other ones though.
I have been eyeing one of the ones in the greenhouse up thinking maybe I can get him in the house and make him my house kitty. Mylee is really happier outside with her homies. So if I can get one of the others when they are tiny...... I just may keep one of these ones too.
Thanks for the congrats guys. I didn't have to do much though. Just take a pic. The kids are coming today so they can get to know Sparta. He is a mover already!

Winston
April 26th, 2008, 01:34 PM
14+ is this Sparta? I love that pic sooo much!

Cindy

chico2
April 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
14+,I just might pop in on you this summer,unfortunately no more kitties for me though,although I would love to take a couple:sad:

MissDorsie
April 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
What beautiful Kittens! I love cats, but, alas I am allergic to them.

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Yes Cindy, that is Sparta. They absolutely love him. My son in law hardly took his eyes off of him the whole afternoon. So cute to watch.
Chico, I would love for you to visit. You don't have to take a kitty. I know you have your gang.
Miss Dorsie - I think they are cute too. My kids are all allergic to cats and all three of them have them.
My youngest son came today too. Seeing as two of the kittens have names now and the white one didn't we were calling him no name. So Micheal has decided that his name is PC Kitty (President's Choice). He is also considering taking him for his own. I have told him it might help calm his female down. She is two and a half and still pretty wild. So, :fingerscr this litter may all have homes. :D
It has been a very good day. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Well come on, who wouldn't fall in love with those little cuties. I'm so happy you have found homes for these little guys so quickly! Maybe once Sparta goes home with your son, he can send us some pictures too!

14K, makin' the planet a better place, one kitty at a time!

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
ancient - Sparta goes home with my daughter and son in law. PC Kitty would be going home with my son IF he decides to take him. He is not sure yet. I told him if he named him, he's his. :rolleyes: He really is considering it. I am hoping he will. At least I can still see the little ones as they grow. I would still have them until the middle of July. My daughter and son in law just bought their first house and they move in the end of June. I said I would keep Sparta until they are settled. I will get lots of pics for sure.

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 07:17 PM
14K, makin' the planet a better place, one kitty at a time!
Thanks for that but I don't think I come anywhere near!!! If only I could.:cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2008, 07:21 PM
ancient - Sparta goes home with my daughter and son in law. PC Kitty would be going home with my son IF he decides to take him. He is not sure yet. I told him if he named him, he's his. :rolleyes: He really is considering it. I am hoping he will. At least I can still see the little ones as they grow. I would still have them until the middle of July. My daughter and son in law just bought their first house and they move in the end of June. I said I would keep Sparta until they are settled. I will get lots of pics for sure.

You can always try to guilt them into a playmate for poor lonely Sparta:D

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for that but I don't think I come anywhere near!!! If only I could.:cloud9:

If you don't think so, then you come a close second! LOL, I don't know anyone who's got more kitties than you! I only wish I had a way to help so many and keep them safe.

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Sparta will be going home to Eve, a very possessive cat they rescued about 4 years ago. She has been on her own since the start. They are also considering adopting a puppy once they have settled in their new home.
My youngest son also has Sara, a 2 and 1/2 year old diva of a kitty. He has a fairly small basement apartment. I have told him there is always room for one more little one.

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I think there are a few people who have more than me. I am just very fortunate to have the space to look after them. I only wish it could be a little nicer. :fingerscr by the end of the summer it will be.

luckypenny
April 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I love this week's edition 14+ :cloud9: but would prefer to order a subscription to the daily edition please :D .

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Sparta will be going home to Eve, a very possessive cat they rescued about 4 years ago. She has been on her own since the start. They are also considering adopting a puppy once they have settled in their new home.
My youngest son also has Sara, a 2 and 1/2 year old diva of a kitty. He has a fairly small basement apartment. I have told him there is always room for one more little one.

Oh very cool then! I remember when I got Vlad, it was just him. I had no idea he would feel lonely. I'm happy to have found Oksana, and then the mini-dynamic duo. Everyone should have more than one kitty or pup.

14+kitties
April 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
LOL thanks LP! As much as I would love to just sit and take pics of these sweeties all day long I regret I have to make a living some how. :sad: And I, like most small newspapers, would go out of business pretty quickly once my subjects have flown the coop (been adopted).
I have been trying to tell my kids that for a long time ancient. But darn, they are stubborn.:rolleyes: One had school and then work to settle into, one had to relocate, find a new job (he had a cat too), one had to get married, then get Canadian citizenship for her hubby, then buy a house...... lol you know how it goes.