Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty Desk Accessory

phoozles
April 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I had to share this - I came across this website, and all I could think of was - who has a cat that would actually sit in it?

This is the "Kit In the Box" (http://www.therefinedfeline.com/kitinbox-cat-perch.htm)

It's a box you put at the side of your desk so your cat will sit there instead of climbing on your keyboard.. :rolleyes:

Now it's true that I have a :evil: kitten who's always up to no good, but I can't think of a single cat I've ever had that only walks on the keyboard because (s)he is just looking for a place to lie down! :D

happycats
April 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
LOL what would be the point of that, since the whole goal is to stop the typing and use your hands for more important things like petting!!

rainbow
April 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
What will they think of next? :rolleyes: And, it's $49.99 to boot. :eek:

ancientgirl
April 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Okay, I can buy a wood in-box at the office supply store for less money and it looks just the same.:frustrated:

krdahmer
April 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Genius!!! That is exactly what we need.... of course I can probably make it for a third of that price! :rolleyes: That way hubby couldn't complain about them being on the desk all the time (because I let them... they think they can when he's on here too).

rainbow
April 24th, 2008, 03:58 PM
:laughing: I can just see your computer desk with six little kitty boxes attached. :D

ancientgirl
April 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I found this not long ago. Works the same way, but looks much more comfy.

Desk buddy lounger (http://www.catsplay.com/cc_deskbuddy.php3)

onster
April 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I am 100% sure my kitties would not use that :p Where's the fun if they're nto annoying u? :laughing:

Bunduk snorts in laughter at such futile inventions :evil::D

dmc123
April 24th, 2008, 06:29 PM
LOL That is too funny! Mine would lay in it, but only until I returned to the keyboard! LOL

Diane

duttypaws
April 24th, 2008, 07:58 PM
that would so not work... lolas main aim in life is to sit on the keys (Remove a few) and then attack me if i go to move her :frustrated:

rainbow
April 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I found this not long ago. Works the same way, but looks much more comfy.

Desk buddy lounger (http://www.catsplay.com/cc_deskbuddy.php3)

It does look more comfy but it's $39.99 plus $19.00 shipping :eek: and it's out of stock. :eek:

rainbow
April 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I am 100% sure my kitties would not use that :p Where's the fun if they're nto annoying u? :laughing:

Bunduk snorts in laughter at such futile inventions :evil::D

that would so not work... lolas main aim in life is to sit on the keys (Remove a few) and then attack me if i go to move her :frustrated:

:laughing: And I thought dogs were bad for trying to get your attention. :D

phoozles
April 25th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Genius!!! That is exactly what we need.... of course I can probably make it for a third of that price! :rolleyes: That way hubby couldn't complain about them being on the desk all the time (because I let them... they think they can when he's on here too).

Rainbow's right - you'll need 6 - otherwise you'll have them fighting over the box AND walking all over your keyboard :laughing:

krdahmer
April 25th, 2008, 03:28 PM
:laughing::laugh:

Well either I start extending the desk with those things or I need a larger desk!!!

phoozles
April 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
:eek: I think you need 6 desks for each cat instead! :laughing:

I think my favorite part of this product is the look on the face of the woman BEFORE she got the box.. She looks like she's regretting her decision to ever get a cat :D

The she gets the box, and voila! The cat is her best friend again!

jealma
April 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I just loved the pictures each of you attached to this thread. Someone who doesn't own a cat might buy that, maybe because anyone who does own a cat,, or even a small dog like Abby,, knows that isn't going to work. Cute pictures all I will have to snap one of Abby when she if fighting for attention over the lap top.

14+kitties
April 25th, 2008, 06:01 PM
They need to put a keyboard in there. Only way the cat is going to stay there. And then disguise the actual keyboard as a cat bed or something equally unappealing.

otter
April 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
They need to put a keyboard in there. Only way the cat is going to stay there. And then disguise the actual keyboard as a cat bed or something equally unappealing.

You got it!!!:laughing:

rainbow
April 26th, 2008, 12:39 AM

:laughing: and a keyboard would fit in that box perfectly. :D

growler~GateKeeper
April 26th, 2008, 01:35 AM
:laughing: just put a regular plain carboard box on the end of the desk & the cat will sit in that instead :D and it costs nothing

krdahmer
April 26th, 2008, 10:46 AM

:laughing: just put a regular plain carboard box on the end of the desk & the cat will sit in that instead :D and it costs nothing

:laugh:
You guys are so right!!! :laughing: