Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shredy and Chloe return

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone, I know it has been a LONG time since my last post. I apologize... As you will see from the pics it is because I have been busy with Chloe playing at the beach!

She was timid for a while, only wading in the water, these are pics of her first day actually swimming on her own! I was the crazy lady on the shore clapping my hands, screaming "YEAH!!!" and Im sure the other beach-goers thought I was nuts :laughing::laughing:
Now I can't keep her out of the water, she went swimming yesterday in my friends pool!

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Chloe actually swimming!!

Here are a couple of her, she is still on the small side, about 50 lbs, but full of life and very healthy!

otter
April 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome back!

Go Chloe Go!!! http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/1.gifYou swimming fool you!

more pictures.....please:o

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Here are some cute artsy pics I took with our new camera. It can pick out one color and the rest comes in black and white. The other dog is our neighbor, Roca, who plays with Chloe regularly.

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Chloe in Tahoe over Ricky's spring break, she had a great time in the snow and up in the mountains with us.

Chloe helping Daddy write a paper for school..

Mom, What is that thing, let me smell it...

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:42 PM
Chloe gets a bath when she gets home from swimming and I try to take pics of her crinkly ears, but they never come out as cute as they actually are

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Some random ones, Chloe being goofy and cute...

Sharing some water after play time with our neighbors dog Caynan..

And sleepy time on the couch tonight while mom is typing... Hope you guys enjoyed the updates, now it is time for me to try and catch up..

Anything I should know..?? Fill me in please :D

otter
April 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Chloe you are gorgeous!

And now that we know you can type... no excuse not to see more pictures/posts from you, even if mom Shredy is busy working and enjoying life, no reason why you can't get in a few posts :D:laughing:

shredy
April 23rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks Otter! I think Molly is pretty amazing herself, I love her little white nose! Chloe is blushing from all the compliments you give her

aslan
April 24th, 2008, 05:02 AM
chloe is growing into a lovely little lady. I agree chloe forget mommy if you can type i have a handsome single male here who would love to correspond with you. i love the crinkly ears.

clm
April 24th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Chloe is so beautiful. Great to see pics of her again.

Cindy

luckypenny
April 24th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Aww, there's our Chloe :angel: :lovestruck: . It's great to get an update on her Shredy :) . How are you doing? How's the job?

breeze
April 24th, 2008, 07:39 AM
shredy and chloe is good to see you back and all is well.. how goes the job?? and the wedding plans :D
Chloe has gotten to be a beautiful big girl,:cloud9:

diandpat
April 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Wow, LOVE all the pictures and Chloe looks like she is living the life of Riley...ocean, mountains, doggy friends, house full of toys!

Glad to see you are enjoying her so much and hope all is well in the rest of your life.

Love4himies
April 24th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Welcome back and, yahoo, with lots of pictures of Chloe :thumbs up. Chloe is growing up to be a fine young lady :cloud9:.

shredy
April 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Thanks everyone! Life is great here. No real plans for the wedding yet. I have been too busy planning our trip to Chile this summer :D The wedding is next summer and will be a small simple outdoor ceremony with our closest friends and family.

I love my job, it is very challenging, but that is also why I love it so much. I am off orientation and working nights now which has been a transition. 7pm to 7am is tough! It took me a little while to feel like a normal person again, but I think I am getting the hang of it.

Aslan, Chloe would love a man to play with, all but one of her friends are girls and I showed her his picture, she was smitten!! :lovestruck:

Breeze and Luckypenny how are you and your fur families doing?

happycats
April 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Welcome back!! Love the pics, looks like everyone is having so much fun is sunny CA !!

jessi76
April 24th, 2008, 02:23 PM
those are fantastic pics!! i especially love the one of her coming down the stairs! welcome back, and btw, Chloe is beautiful!

ancientgirl
April 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Oh wow, it's hard to believe this is the same little puppy of not long ago. She's grown so much. What a beautiful girl.

shredy
April 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I know, I was just looking through all her baby pics, and she was so cute!! Still very cute, but I love the baby pics!

Ford Girl
April 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
OMG, shes so cute, and big now!!! :lovestruck: How old now? How much does she weight? I love the crimped ears, and the teeth - too funny how they are roundish and not filled in yet!! And the stuffies - very golden. :angel:

chico2
April 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
WOW,first Mahealani and then you and Chloe,great to see you back and I agree,Chloe has grown in to a beautiful lady,living a wonderful life:thumbs up

shredy
April 24th, 2008, 04:41 PM
OMG, shes so cute, and big now!!! :lovestruck: How old now? How much does she weight? I love the crimped ears, and the teeth - too funny how they are roundish and not filled in yet!! And the stuffies - very golden. :angel:

Chloe says thanks, she is 8 months old tomorrow and about 50 lbs I would estimate. She is on the smaller side as far as goldens go, I think even for a female, but however she turns out she is perfect for us! She has been such a joy, the friendliest dog I have ever owned, hasn't met another dog or person that she doesn't love, or that doesn't love her. Shade always had to be alpha, I think Chloe is somewhere in the middle, she's happy to play with whoever wants to play with her, big, little, boy, girl, rough, gentle.... I am really happy how our training has worked out too, she listens VERY well for such a young dog which I think has to do with her eager to please nature. We are leaving her outside of her crate in the house now too for up to 2 hours and so far, only a couple shreds of paper, no furniture or shoes have met the fate of Chloe teeth :D

How is miss Dazy???

CHICO2, thanks for the welcome back, I'm sorry I disappeared for so long, it is nice to know I have been missed though ;)

Frenchy
April 24th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome back Shredy ! omg Chloe has grown sooo much ! :lovestruck: and such a lucky girl to have access to a beach , a golden's dream ! :cloud9:

shredy
April 24th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Hi Frenchy! How is everyone? Especially, how is Sam? I hope you made it through the winter (almost) and are enjoying springtime with your fur family.

And I KNOW, Chloe is so big!! I keep telling her to stop growing, I wonder if I stop feeding her if that would work (just kidding) :laughing::laughing: She loves the beach, runs, swims, plays with all the other doggies, comes home like a little sand cookie and into the bath, friskies for about 10 minutes and then sleeps the rest of the day :lovestruck::cloud9::sleepy:

Frenchy
April 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Everyone is doing good here , Sam is doing very good considering ! He still plays with Bailey and Nelly ! :crazy:

Chloe sleeping for the rest of the day ..... swimming is such a good exercise for them , she gets a full work out :thumbs up

shredy
April 24th, 2008, 10:53 PM
glad to hear about Sam, I was kind of afraid to ask :o It is great to hear he is still playing with Bailey and Nelly (and you of course) Chloe says to remind you that you are all welcome to come and visit so she can play with Sam too, and take him to her favorite beach!

growler~GateKeeper
April 25th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Shredy :2huggers: Nice to see you back, I'm happy the Nursing career is working out well for you http://bestsmileys.com/medical/1.gif

There's our baby golden :lovestruck: all grown up now :lovestruck:

Just adorable, love her crinkly ears and the "Mom, What is that thing, let me smell it... " picture is just the cutest :lovestruck:

I'm glad she now enjoys swimming :highfive: and has grown to be a perfect doggie citizen with all her wonderful manners :thumbs up

krdahmer
April 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Aw still cute as ever!:lovestruck: And now a swimmer... way to go!

Ford Girl
April 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Chloe says thanks, she is 8 months old tomorrow and about 50 lbs I would estimate. She is on the smaller side as far as goldens go, I think even for a female, but however she turns out she is perfect for us! We are leaving her outside of her crate in the house now too for up to 2 hours and so far, only a couple shreds of paper, no furniture or shoes have met the fate of Chloe teeth :D

How is miss Dazy???

50lbs is on track for 8 months I think? I know at 55lbs our vet said...oh ya - maybe another 10 and she'll be done growing, that was 22lbs ago. :rolleyes: But Chloe looks long and lean, and with all the swimming and beach running, she should be able to stay fit. :angel: Frenchy's right - a goldens dream. :lovestruck:

Dazy's nuts. But maturing. Not mature :rolleyes:, but maturing. :laughing: It almost happens over night. Still very much puppy, but big dogish too. :angel:

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 01:20 PM
50lbs is on track for 8 months I think? I know at 55lbs our vet said...oh ya - maybe another 10 and she'll be done growing, that was 22lbs ago. :rolleyes: But Chloe looks long and lean, and with all the swimming and beach running, she should be able to stay fit. :angel: Frenchy's right - a goldens dream. :lovestruck:

I think she is small because when I see other goldens her age, they are way bigger, but maybe she will get a growth spurt later. I just want her to be happy and healthy and if she stays on the smaller side, that is fine by me!

Dazy's nuts. But maturing. Not mature :rolleyes:, but maturing. :laughing: It almost happens over night. Still very much puppy, but big dogish too. :angel:

:laughing::laughing: It sounds like she is full of life from all the stories you tell, it goes to show how different they all can be. Chloe has always been so calm and mellow. Don't get me wrong, she has her puppy moments when she is racing around at the beach, but when we are home she knows it's time to chill. The only thing she had trouble adjusting to was when I first started working nights and I would get home as Ricky was waking up and then I would go to bed, and he to work, and she was like "Wait a minute, it is NOT sleep time again, I want to play!!! :yell: She would pounce on my head a couple times to let me know how she was feeling. So now she gets a bike ride before I go to sleep, easy for me :sleepy: tires her out again and now she cuddles with me :cloud9:

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Shredy :2huggers: Nice to see you back, I'm happy the Nursing career is working out well for you http://bestsmileys.com/medical/1.gif

There's our baby golden :lovestruck: all grown up now :lovestruck:

Just adorable, love her crinkly ears and the "Mom, What is that thing, let me smell it... " picture is just the cutest :lovestruck:

I'm glad she now enjoys swimming :highfive: and has grown to be a perfect doggie citizen with all her wonderful manners :thumbs up

Hi Growler!!! Thanks for all the compliments. How is life going for you? Are you still working way too much? How is miss Duffy??? Give her a big squeeze for me while she is napping in one of her sunny spots around your house :cloud9:

krdahmer, CHloe says thanks, she really loves to swim, fullfilling her golden destiny I suppose! :D

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Finally! The thread went to two pages so now I can read the back posts without the pics freezing out hazel's crap connection :o and I can finally say Welcome back!! We missed you!

Sounds like all is going well with you! I worked third shift for a number of years. The worst problem was weekends--you sort of want to stay on your usual schedule to make Monday easier, but then you miss everyone else who is on 'days'. :shrug:

And it sounds like Chloe is growing up! :lovestruck: Wish I could see her. :sad: You wouldn't be willing to post just one small pic on this page, would you? I think I might be able to handle one if it's less than 100K :fingerscr

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Here you go Hazel!! I will also send you some by email if you want :D

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
My problem with the schedule is that it isn't constant, and I liek routine, so it is goign to take some adjusting to. I work weekends alot and so Ricky and I don't see each other much, but once he is out of school it will get better :fingerscr:goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
:eek: She's gotten so BIG!!!! :laughing: I always forget how quickly they grow :o

Aw, thanks for the offer, shredy...but my email is running under the same constraints as my browsing--I'm having trouble downloading anything over about 60 K. :frustrated: Probably won't get better till things dry up after the thaw.

I'll just have to continue come back here to feast my eyes on Ms Oh-I'm-Soooo-Big-and-Swimming Chloe :cloud9: She's so pretty, shredy! :flirt: and I can see crinkly ears :D

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM
My problem with the schedule is that it isn't constant, and I liek routine, so it is goign to take some adjusting to. I work weekends alot and so Ricky and I don't see each other much, but once he is out of school it will get better :fingerscr:goodvibes:

You're on rotating shifts? :yuck: Yeah, I hear ya about the routine--I don't mind sticking to one shift, but having to readjust every few weeks is a bummer... :grouphug:

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I sent you an email, with the other pics before I saw this one.

Chloe says thanks again, her head is getting really big! SHe is pretty though, and pretty amazing! I still miss Shade everyday, but Chloe has passed my expectations and has turned out to be an amazing dog. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her and I, hopefully lots of adventures and play time!

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Uh-oh...how big is it! :eek: (the email, not Chloe's head....which looks fine to me, btw :laughing:)

rainbow
April 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Hey...good to see you back. :highfive: Chloe is all grown up and a very beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

Glad you like your job but the shift sure sucks. Will you be able to work days once you get more seniority? :fingerscr And, Chile sure sounds great :cloud9: ....who gets to look after Chloe? :D

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I got it, shredy! :thumbs up I can't download it, but I can see it on the server and open the pics individually! :highfive: She looks like she's getting to enjoy the water! :D I love the one of her at the keyboard! And the toothie shot! :laughing:

She's as gorgeous as ever. :cloud9: Thanks!

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Hey...good to see you back. :highfive: Chloe is all grown up and a very beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

Glad you like your job but the shift sure sucks. Will you be able to work days once you get more seniority? :fingerscr And, Chile sure sounds great :cloud9: ....who gets to look after Chloe? :D

After a year on nights I will be eligible to apply for a shift change, along with 5 other people, so it just depends on how many shifts are open. I can do it though!

Chile is going to be amazing, Ricky and I are going to be there for 12 days and get to go snowboarding on an active volcano. Chloe will be staying with my friend in San Diego. She lives less than a block from the beach and is a runner, I am very picky when it come to taking care of my princess. Chloe will be a happy tired girl when I get back.

How is Chase? Hopefully no more problems with his knee since I have been gone. :fingerscr How is Logan? And the kitties? How is your hubby? Twenty questions for you today :D

I got it, shredy! :thumbs up I can't download it, but I can see it on the server and open the pics individually! :highfive: She looks like she's getting to enjoy the water! :D I love the one of her at the keyboard! And the toothie shot! :laughing:

She's as gorgeous as ever. :cloud9: Thanks!

I'm glad you can see them, I sent them small so hopefully that helps. What's new with your pack? Is everyone happy and healthy?

TeriM
April 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, it's a good day when we get Chloe pictures :cloud9:.

She looks wonderful and her sweetness really seems to shine through on her gorgeous face :lovestruck:.

shredy
April 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You're on rotating shifts? :yuck: Yeah, I hear ya about the routine--I don't mind sticking to one shift, but having to readjust every few weeks is a bummer... :grouphug:

No, my shifts are all on nights, but I end up working 2 days on, 1 off, 1 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, and then I have a huge break and back to working every other day. It is impossible to get a routine going and so I end up really tired and I hope it gets fixed next month or I am going to burn out!!! It is always nice to come home to my snuggly girl :D Now I am off to go to bed before my shift tonight. Talk to you guys soon!

Hi Teri!!!

hazelrunpack
April 25th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm glad you can see them, I sent them small so hopefully that helps. What's new with your pack? Is everyone happy and healthy?

The Pack is doing well right now (knock on wood, :fingerscr, avoid stepping on cracks, throw salt over hazel's shoulder). I'm hoping we can keep it that way this year. :D

No, my shifts are all on nights, but I end up working 2 days on, 1 off, 1 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, and then I have a huge break and back to working every other day. It is impossible to get a routine going and so I end up really tired and I hope it gets fixed next month or I am going to burn out!!! It is always nice to come home to my snuggly girl :D Now I am off to go to bed before my shift tonight. Talk to you guys soon!

Holy cr@p! What a killer schedule! :eek: I hope you get a more normal schedule soon! :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper
April 25th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Hi Growler!!! Thanks for all the compliments. How is life going for you? Are you still working way too much? How is miss Duffy??? Give her a big squeeze for me while she is napping in one of her sunny spots around your house :cloud9:

Hey Shredy :D Everything's pretty good - I'm back to a regular 8hr work day. Duffy's doing great, we're doing good managing her CRF with homeopathy & raw food. I will give her a hug from you and you give Chloe :lovestruck: a kiss right between the eyes from me :D

chicago dogs
April 26th, 2008, 01:19 AM
She is absolutely gorgeous!! I have 2 golden retrievers and my little girl is small too! She probably only weighs 45-50lbs. She looks like a very happy girl!:cloud9:

MissDorsie
April 26th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I love Chloe's smile! Really nice pics.

loopoo
April 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
shes just beautiful:lovestruck: i love all the pics!