Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally joined

DoubleRR
April 23rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Been lurking for several years on many forums, but have no time to really contribute, so haven't joined too many. Finally decided I would like to get to know some people on here gradually, so here I am, lol.
Have owned many pets over many years: participated in obedience, flyball, conformation shows and breeding with dogs. Groomed and trained for several years as well. Currently own two ridgebacks.
Small local shows, competitive trail riding, cattle herding and lengthy exploration on horseback with my horses. Have one gelding left--now boarded and will be sold.
Kept aquariums of various sizes and biotypes. Have two currently. Have had several types of small furry pet, have the quietest budgie on the planet, and am looking to get a corn snake this year.
Raised two children--in their late 20s now, good grief. Second "marriage"--divorced after 20 yrs, and been with my partner now for the last 10--life is good. Howdy everyone!

breeze
April 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
now thats a mouth full, and a very busy life!! I get tired just reading it :laughing:

welcome to the fourm.. hope you enjoy your stay and get to know everybody..

Chris21711
April 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

1st Rule - We need photos of your furries. :D

aslan
April 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
hello and welcome and chris is totally right pictures are a must here.

DoubleRR
April 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Well, my avatar is my male ridgeback "Caesar".
Here is my female "Dharma" with Caesar tucked in for warmth a couple of months ago. How is that for a start?
http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/23124Xmas_Caesar_07_002-med.jpg

breeze
April 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the forum.

1st Rule - We need photos of your furries. :D

hello and welcome and chris is totally right pictures are a must here.

now you are going to get her all flustered cause she need a couple of posts and she has to wait a bit before she can post pictures.....

patients patients.. then we can bug her for pictures..:D:D:D:D

DoubleRR
April 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Naw, not flustered--not quite old enough for that yet, :). Did try, then went and looked around and realized why I couldn't post pics--so now you will all have to wait until I remember to come back here and do so! The avatar is my male ridgeback "Caesar". ;)

breeze
April 23rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Naw, not flustered--not quite old enough for that yet, :). Did try, then went and looked around and realized why I couldn't post pics--so now you will all have to wait until I remember to come back here and do so! The avatar is my male ridgeback "Caesar". ;)

you mean you have to be old to get flustered :eek: no one told me that....:rolleyes:

we have patients like :angel: hahahahahaha

caesar is one very handsome boy

sugarcatmom
April 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Welcome, DoubleRR, from another Albertan! Caesar is stunning. Looking forward to more pics of him.

FancyAppy
April 26th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Welcome. I know you will enjoy your time here.Gorgeous dogs!!!

hazelrunpack
April 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Dharma and Caesar are gorgeous! :lovestruck: They look so cozy all snuggled in like that! :cloud9:

Welcome to the board!

:eek: And I've never met a quiet budgie, so you'll have to be sure to include a picture! :D