Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I can breathe again! I love you Nasonex!

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
I finally managed to get my Nasonex at the pharmacy. I can't tell you what a relief it is to finally be able to breathe again. It's especially nice to not have to blow my nose a million times a day and while I'm trying to sleep.

Now the possible monkey wrench. I ran out of my Singular this weekend which I also take for my allergies. Here's where I don't want to get too happy just yet. I haven't taken the Singular since last Friday and so far I don't feel in any kind of distress. No bad sneezing attacks or anything. I'm not wondering if I can start to ease off on the Singular and just use the Nasonex. Since it's a nasal spray and I think it gets to the root of the problem quicker than the pill perhaps it will be all I'll need apart from the asthma inhaler I use daily.

If this is the case, I would be very happy and so would my pocket book, since it will be one less medication to pay for. I'm secretly hoping maybe this is a sign that my allergies are subsiding a little, or at the very least I'm getting immune to the gangs dander. I won't hold my breath on that last one though.

Love4himies
April 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
It has been about 6 months with Maks and Kiska, has it not? That seems to be about the time it takes my DH to get used to new additions in our home.

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
I brought them home in November so yeah about 6 months. And if I recall, I had Vlad and Oksana about 8 months already when I added Maks and Kiska to the mix. Maybe your right! I don't think I'd try to go without any allergy medication, but the Nasonex seems to be working fine on its own.

I was worried that it wouldn't work alone, but I haven't done anything differently otherwise. They all still sleep with me, which I thought might be for sure something that would trigger sneezing, but nope!:D I'm knocking on every piece of wood I can find right now in my office!:laughing:

Love4himies
April 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Jasper and Puddles sleep with us, Sweet Pea is not allowed in the bedroom yet because she is still attacking Puddles.

Love4himies
April 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
So you didn't really get a chance to get used to Oksana and Vlad before Maks and Kiska were rescued. Maybe you won't be needing two meds on regular bases anymore :fingerscr

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
No I really didn't. First it was Vlad alone, then I brought Oksana into the mix, then a few months later Maks and Kiska. So maybe I just wasn't giving my body time to adjust to one, before I brought another one or two in. :)

I was having a very difficult time these last few weeks, but I'd run out of the Nasonex and I just couldn't afford to buy it. I'd love to think I wouldn't need any medication anymore, but I think I'll always need something. Still, I'd much rather take the Nasonex, since it began to work almost immediately and I've been breathing better than I have in ages since I started using it again. The Singular still worked, but it really did nothing to help with the um...boogies. I don't need it so much for the asthma, since I'm taking Symbicort twice a day, so if I can cut the Singular it will be one more step in freeing myself from so much medication.

Still, I can always dream about being allergy free someday:pray:

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Jasper and Puddles sleep with us, Sweet Pea is not allowed in the bedroom yet because she is still attacking Puddles.

Poor puddles. Do you think Sweet Pea will ever stop attacking her?