Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So happy

snowflake1
April 22nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
SO by friday, i should have a new family member. I am adopting a dog from the local humane society. I just have to take my husband out there so he can see which one we are getting and so the director can meet him. then I should be able to pick up the pretty girl on friday. I will post some pictures once I get her home!!! I can't wait. I am so happy I decided not to go the local pet store. :)

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing your new family member.

How's kitty doing after her spay?

aslan
April 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
grats on the new family member, and believe me alot of us are glad you didn't go to the pet store too. Pics are a definate must.

rainbow
April 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Congratulations and glad you are adopting from the HS. :thumbs up Looking forward to the pics. :D

snowflake1
April 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
she is doing really good, she is more suckier then ever, but that is chewie, she has always been a suck :) my husband and I have notice that she is alot calmer now. she use to be really cranky with one of the male cats I have and now she just seems calmer around him. so it is great. just hope the new family member will get along with the cats. the humane society said she is good around cats, she has been near the cats there and it they don't faze her. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
April 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Congratulations on the new family member! Can't wait to see pics!

kashtin's kin
April 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear your one kitty is doing better. And good move on giving a HS dog :thumbs up a home (vs. lining the pockets of ye old pet store that quite possibly sells some sort of version of 'puppy mill' critters). My first 2 cats were adopted from the Winnipeg Humane Society, and spayed at a low-cost s/n clinic nearby...

Anyhoo, it's always exciting to welcome another furfriend to the 2-legged and 4-legged family! Hope things go well, and post some pics when the dust settles!

snowflake1
April 26th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I got anna home today. she is doing really good. kind of scared but other then that she is doing really good. so happy we got her!!! Here is a picture of Anna! :)

diandpat
April 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Oh she is just beautiful...congratulations. In time she will settle in and not seem so scared. Hope she gets along with the cat.

Enjoy!

ancientgirl
April 26th, 2008, 06:21 AM
She's lovely! What a beautiful face!

duttypaws
April 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM
aww shes so pretty :)

snowflake1
April 26th, 2008, 09:55 AM
she is coming around really good, still afraid of the cats, but I figured once she realizes they are no harm she will be ok. my one cat willow, thinks he is a dog and wants to be with her, but she is afraid of him.

luckypenny
April 26th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Anna's beautiful :lovestruck: . She looks quite young. Is she still a pup?

Congratulations to both your family and Anna :thumbs up .

snowflake1
April 26th, 2008, 11:57 AM
anna will be 7 months old may 3rd. she is just so cute. she just walks around and smells everything. i think there is still some smell of my old dog in the house. she is so well behaved in the house. I couldn't ask for a better dog. I am so glad that we got her from the humane society.Now they have room to bring in another dog. :)

mastifflover
April 26th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Congrat she is a cutie. It just takes time for them to settle in and since she is so young it will be pretty fast. Keep us posted more pics please