Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need to rant too

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
So a young coworker stopped by earlier and ask me to come outside , to look at the dog her and her bf just adopted. It's a small/young female pitbull , extremely cute but very skinny and looks very submisse , I think she may had been abuse.

The owner , girl in her twenties , was giving the dog away because her BF doesn't like big dogs .... when she visits him on week ends , she was leaving the dog alone in the appartement , all week end long :mad: of course , she isn't spayed. But the worse is .... she got another dog !!!! A Dashound (sp) her BF ask her if the dog wasn't longer than a ruler , it was ok !!! She doesn't even lives with him !!!! :wall:

But now these young people that adopted this dog , although their hearts is in the right place, don't have any experience .... sigh ....

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'll be d@mned if some guy dictates to me what kind of a pet I should have or how big it should be, especially if they don't live with me!!! WTH?

I have to say, I feel just a little sorry for that girl. I have a friend like that, and he's never had a completely happy relationship ever. But I can't feel too sorry for her since she's allowing someone to treat her that way, and it trickles down to her pet.

I hope your friends new girl gets the care she should have been receiving all along.

Ford Girl
April 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
So they have a pitbull and are giving it away, and now have a dashhund too - that they are keeping? :frustrated:

What I will never understand - is how anyone can look in to the eyes of a puppy, dog or cat, have them for a week, years, a life time, then simply have it in their heart to give it away, get rid of it, what ever...I dont understand it and I never will. :wall:

I hope this girlfriend gets dumped by the boyfriend for a newer smaller girlfriend, and he in turn gets dumped by the smaller girlfriend for a bigger boyfriend. :censored: them all.

aslan
April 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Seriously what is wrong with people. I'd be holding a ruler up to him and telling him if its not 12" get lost. Its sad for the poor dog, but she's probably better off in the long run. So did she expect you to take the dog and get it a new home?

rainbow
April 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Your co-worker better start standing up for herself now or she is going to be in for one crappy life. :sad:

Can you even bother trying to educate this girl? :wall: I have a feeling the little dashchund won't last long either. :rolleyes:

Is she just going to give the poor pitbull puppy away to the first person that comes along? :sad: :mad: :wall:

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
I hope this girlfriend gets dumped by the boyfriend for a newer smaller girlfriend, and he in turn gets dumped by the smaller girlfriend for a bigger boyfriend. :censored: them all.

:laughing: exactly ! :evil:

I already gave the new owner the satin balls recipe and I'm looking for a good vet in her area. I'm glad she is asking me lots of questions and is ready to follow my advices. I will probably get her an appointment at my vet to get doggy spayed asap. She is sooo cute !!! Can't believe the twit used to leave her alone all week end long :mad: I wish I had my dg cam :o

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Your co-worker better start standing up for herself now or she is going to be in for one crappy life. :sad:

Can you even bother trying to educate this girl? :wall: I have a feeling the little dashchund won't last long either. :rolleyes:

Is she just going to give the poor pitbull puppy away to the first person that comes along? :sad: :mad: :wall:

No no , my coworker is the one who just adopted this dog from the twit girl ! My coworker just basicly saved this dog.

Chris21711
April 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
When will all this lunacy end. Maybe the boyfriend didn't want anything longer than his pee pee, couldn't stand the competition. People make me sick.:yuck:

Posted before I read your last post, hope you're co-worker gives her a loving home

rainbow
April 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
No no , my coworker is the one who just adopted this dog from the twit girl ! My coworker just basicly saved this dog.

Oooops....I guess I misunderstood as I was expecting a :wall: story because of the word *rant*. :o

So this is only half a rant story and my first post comments are for the :censored: moron first owner :loser:

Glad your co-worker has you to teach her. :angel:

CyberKitten
April 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Kudos to your coworker and great that she is seeking advice. She may need lots of it if this dog was living with that her person and her dominant and arrogant bf. If any one ever told me that, I too would had them a ruler and say, let's see, you are not tall enough for me so I better get a different breed. one that is compassionate and caring. I wish I could say I feel sorry for that young women but I see so many young women make foolish choices even tho they have the ability not to. Plus, she did not take into account how her animal felt so that says enough to me about the kind of person she is. (ie not someone I want to get to know)

cheribob
May 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
I can sympathize. My family specializes in adpoting & abandoning animals:

1. Dog - sis & first husband adpoted. retriver/lab. given away "free to good home" when they went bankrupt.

2. Cat - sis adopted when house was in foreclosure. Managed to find that cat a home.

3. Cat - sis adopted when homeless & living w/friends. Sis got kicked out for using drugs. I assume friends still have cat.

4. Cat - belonged to sis & 2nd husband. Ex was going to PTS b/c new girlfriend was allergic. I kept MiMi til she died.

5. Cat - niece adopted & then gave to grandma.

6. Dog - niece bought & then left w/dad when she moved in w/BF. I hope that little Chi doesn't die b/c Dad "forgets" to feed/water it.

7. Dog - sis just bought a chi. How long until that little one is abandoned?

It makes me sick!:mad:

ancientgirl
May 2nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry, but someone needs to stop them from adopting any more animals.:wall:

Frenchy
May 2nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
And can you believe that , earlier this week , the original owner had a dispute with her loose BF and had the nerve to call my coworker and ask for "her" dog back ?!!!! :loser:

My coworker replied : no :censored: way !

Chris21711
May 2nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yahoo for your co-worker Frenchy. How is the little guy working out, do you know?

Frenchy
May 2nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Yahoo for your co-worker Frenchy. How is the little guy working out, do you know?

They looooove her !!! My coworker gets up extra early to give long walks. Her and her BF work on different shifts so the dog is practicly never alone. Already took her to a vet. She is getting very spoiled ! :thumbs up Already gained some weight (omg she was so skinny :sad:)p

ancientgirl
May 2nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
And can you believe that , earlier this week , the original owner had a dispute with her loose BF and had the nerve to call my coworker and ask for "her" dog back ?!!!! :loser:

My coworker replied : no :censored: way !

She should have cared more for her dog when she had her, and not listened to her loser BF. Now the BF is gone and she gave up her dog. Her loss. I'm very happy your co-worker is taking such good care of this pup, and that her BF is also enjoying having her.

Frenchy
May 2nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
and that her BF is also enjoying having her.

omg he is ! She was telling me , they went to do grocery shopping , after 20 minutes , her BF told her : hurry up , the dog is alone at home !!!! we have to get back home hurry up !!!

:laughing:

ancientgirl
May 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Awww, what a great guy! She better keep that one!

rainbow
May 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Kudos to your co-worker :thumbs up and glad to here the little guy has found such a good home. :cloud9:

Hope the :loser: girl doesn't go get herself another puppy. :rolleyes:

Chris21711
May 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
They looooove her !!! My coworker gets up extra early to give long walks. Her and her BF work on different shifts so the dog is practicly never alone. Already took her to a vet. She is getting very spoiled ! :thumbs up Already gained some weight (omg she was so skinny :sad:)p

Bonus :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I'm glad that poor dog is in a loving home now... Or maybe I should say "lucky dog" :thumbs up Sounds like a narrow escape!

I wonder what's gonna happen to the dachshund? :sad:

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I wonder what's gonna happen to the dachshund? :sad:

Another unbelievable story ..... Myriam's cousin (Myriam is the new owner) so her cousin is friend with the twit that abandon the pitbull , so the twit and the cousin thought it would be a good idea to buy the dachshund and "share" custody :confused: then they got into an argument and the cousin will keep the dog. I found out this week , the cousin wants to breed the dachshund. Now I already now the cousin , she has an older dog that is always left alone and she is not even taking for walks ..... this cousin sometimes comes to our work place .... I'm trying to figure out how I will approach her next time I see her .... of course I would like to give her a good kick in the a** :D but will try to make her understand that SHE IS NOT A BREEDER !!!! :wall:

ancientgirl
May 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Unreal. I will never understand people like that. Thank goodness.

chico2
May 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Frenchy,how infuriating:yell:
I am glad at least the pittie got a wonderful home:grouphug:to your co-worker..
I've dealt with a lot of morons and nothing is more frustrating.
I am on the outs with my own son,my oldest,his 14yr old Sheltie Trixie,is full of matts and he's doing nothing about it.:yell:
He invited us for hubbys 65'th B-Day,but I will not go to his house until Trixie is looked after,so hopefully it works.
The family who owns the cute Australian puppy I showed a while back,also have 2 DECLAWED cats,used to roam the house and going outside.:yell:
Where are the 2 beautiful cats now? In the BASEMENT because of the puppy:wall:
I've suggested she comes here,to learn how to introduce the kitties to the puppy!

Frenchy
May 3rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
omg Chico2 :sad: I'm sure you explained that mats are dangerous ... if he doesn't do anything about it , it will get to the skin and that becomes very painful for the poor dog. :sad:

About the cats in the basement :wall: poor cats :sad:

susieqt
May 3rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
Frenchy,
I know a girl who's father lives just across the street from me that sounds exactly like these jerks! Her boyfriend and her breed their pitbull that they got from the SPCA Montreal (during the Barnotti's days). And now she has a tiny, little chihuahua living with three pitbulls that she wants to have "just one litter". I don't want any harm coming to the poor little dog, but I hope she has to have an emergency c-section and pay big time at the vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

catsnatcher-CDN
May 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Maybe the boyfriend didn't want anything longer than his pee pee
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Very funny!

Then I got distracted and read this by Susieqt:
" .....during the Barnotti's days...... "

Don't want to go off topic but...umm.... did I miss something??? Is the reign of terror over? The witch is dead? A coup d'etat? WHAT?????

Frenchy, it's a good thing that for every idiot on earth, there's a handful of good people like your co-worker!

Frenchy
May 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Then I got distracted and read this by Susieqt:
" .....during the Barnotti's days...... "

Don't want to go off topic but...umm.... did I miss something??? Is the reign of terror over? The witch is dead? A coup d'etat? WHAT?????

Yes it is !!!! New administration , in need of volunteering as Barnoti only left huge debts .... cats and dogs are now being spay/neuter BEFORE adoption :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Frenchy,
I know a girl who's father lives just across the street from me that sounds exactly like these jerks! Her boyfriend and her breed their pitbull that they got from the SPCA Montreal (during the Barnotti's days). And now she has a tiny, little chihuahua living with three pitbulls that she wants to have "just one litter". I don't want any harm coming to the poor little dog, but I hope she has to have an emergency c-section and pay big time at the vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just saw your post Susie , please tell me they will not bred the chi with the pitt :eek:

BenMax
May 9th, 2008, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Frenchy;583464]her BF ask her if the dog wasn't longer than a ruler , it was ok !!! QUOTE]

Sounds like the BF has an inferiority complex :loser: if you know what I mean. Actually I had the same problem. BF (X) said between the dog or him - called a moving truck and took my dog. End of story and absolutely no regrets!

chico2
May 9th, 2008, 04:17 PM
OMG,SusieQ,those people must be total morons,that poor little chi:sad:
Frenchy I am so happy the SPCA under new managment will spay/neuter befor adopting out.
It all benefits them in the long run,also the dogs/cats.
Here in Oakville no in tact cat/dog leaves the HS:thumbs up

mastifflover
May 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Chico you took the words right out of my mouth. Well I thought of it with stronger language. I really think every dog and cat should be neutered or spayed that is adopted out from a shelter or rescue. I only wish that some had better screening methods for potential adopters.

chico2
May 10th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Yes me too,with homevisits etc,but I guess there is not enough staff and too many animals waiting:sad:
Spay/neuter though,will at least keep them safe from puppy-mills and unethical breeders.

catsnatcher-CDN
May 11th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Yes it is !!!! New administration , in need of volunteering as Barnoti only left huge debts .... cats and dogs are now being spay/neuter BEFORE adoption :thumbs up

I got goosebumps!!!!!! I NEVER EVER EVER thought I'd see the day!
Next step: A TNR Program!!! Unless it's just too much of an innovative idea for Montreal :rolleyes:

Sorry for the threadjack.

Now back to your regular programming............