Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dropping puppy on highway

catsnatcher-CDN
April 22nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
I just spent my whole morning on the cell with someone on their way to Joliette trying to convince them not to drop off their malamute puppy in some field somewhere.

:mad:

wtf!!!

hazelrunpack
April 22nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
omg... Were you successful? :eek: wtf is wrong with people! :yell:

catsnatcher-CDN
April 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Ya. Just got the call. He brought it to work and I heard someone in the background there to pick him up.

The excuses I had to battle:

1. It's just a dog
2. there's plenty of food and water. it's gonna survive
3. I wont leave it near the highway. I'll take it in an open field. Someone will find him
4. I called the SPCA and they won't come pick it up
5. I don't have time to drive to the SPCA and drop it off.
6. It's cute, someone will pick him up.
7. Who cares!

ancientgirl
April 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
Is this a friend of yours? I can't believe that!

Here's what I would have said:

1. It's just a dog - That doesn't make it right, it's a living creature.
2. there's plenty of food and water. it's gonna survive - Would you survive out there?
3. I wont leave it near the highway. I'll take it in an open field. Someone will find him - That's what the last 100 people said who dropped animals off in some field, only to have the poor animal run over.
4. I called the SPCA and they won't come pick it up - Have at least SOME responsibility!
5. I don't have time to drive to the SPCA and drop it off. - But you have time to drive into some open field and just leave it there.
6. It's cute, someone will pick him up. - Oh, that makes it okay then.
7. Who cares! - I hope someone says that about you when if you are ever in need of food, water, the Heimlich maneuver:frustrated:.

Sorry, but any excuse is a bad excuse. If he didn't want this puppy why did he even have it?

luckypenny
April 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Is someone going to pick him up?

hazelrunpack
April 22nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
All those excuses :mad:...and yet he called you. I'm so glad he did. :thumbs up I know it's extra hassle for you. :grouphug: You're an :angel: to care so much!

catsnatcher-CDN
April 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Ya, I'm glad he called me too.

Or else, I woulda spent my morning in a freaking field on the side of the highway!

The dog is now safe an has been picked up.

Jim Hall
April 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
well it is your a twit tuesday not you cdn dropper

Frenchy
April 22nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
The excuses I had to battle:

1. It's just a dog
2. there's plenty of food and water. it's gonna survive
3. I wont leave it near the highway. I'll take it in an open field. Someone will find him
4. I called the SPCA and they won't come pick it up
5. I don't have time to drive to the SPCA and drop it off.
6. It's cute, someone will pick him up.
7. Who cares!

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Love4himies
April 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Well said, ancientgirl!

What a jacka$$.:wall:

Are you able to share how you ended up with this call?

rainbow
April 22nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
:eek: What a :censored: moron. :sad: :mad: :wall: :wall:

Is the puppy with you for now? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

katherine93
April 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
I think who ever this person is needs some phsycological help. Can you imagine if they had a child and they decided they couldnt take care of it? Its the same thing in my book. For starters its alot easier to find a home for a puppy then to drive to the middle of nowhere and drop it off. You;d have to be mental to do this. what is the world coming to?

Love4himies
April 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Maybe the truth is he didn't want to pay the surrender fee or to be faced with any questions.:shrug:

katherine93
April 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
even if that is the case, thats no excuse to drop a innocent little puppy off and leave it there to fend for itself. I am against lying but in this case i would have brought it to the HS and said it was a stray and leave it with them. No questions. No fee's.