Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could it be the food?

ancientgirl
April 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Kiska has been vomiting at least once or twice a week for the last 3 weeks. She doesn't seem to be distressed otherwise. She's playing and her appetite is regular and she's got no issues using the litter. I've been trying to get them on some better quality food but it's taking some time. They're all super fussy. I have managed to get them to eating EVO dry, which they all love. I read one one of the threads here that EVO might have too high a protein content for some pets, at least that's what I believe I read. I'm not sure what I should change in her diet if anything.

She threw up this morning again, and I decided to watch her for a few days and maybe make an appointment to take her in to the vet.

She's still a tiny girl, only 8 months old. Do you guys think maybe she's got just a sensitive tummy? I was having issues with Maks a few months ago, but he seems to have outgrown it.

Is there something natural I can give her to perhaps help her tummy?

want4rain
April 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM
so was it the Evo she was throwing up?

Evo has a rather large cocktail of meats in it, otherwise its a fantastic food. very little, if any of the protein is derived from nonanimal sources. high protein content from animal sources isnt a problem at all for cats or dogs. its high protein from a PLANT source that is damaging to their systems.

if its the Evo, i would imagine its the change thats causing her trouble. can you compare the meat ingredients to her last food?? she may have an intolerance to one of them. i woudl give it a week or so to see if she holds it down at all. transition slowly by mixing them together??

before you haul her off to the vet, there are also other thing syou can trouble shot to see if its that.

-ash

Love4himies
April 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
I have that problem with Puddles when she has a furball. It takes a few weeks for her to get it out.

Could also be the change in diet. Give it some more time to see if she adjusts to it.

onster
April 21st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Onnie was the same on one food, I cant remember what it was. He threw up often.

I changed their food to wellness, which they both do well on. ALso, they get a little bit of yoghurt, which I think helps with digestion :) Bunduk had a very sensitive tummy at first but now he has guts of steal :D Hopefully little miss will grow out of it :)

ancientgirl
April 21st, 2008, 12:53 PM
I was thinking on when I started with the EVO and it's been about a month. So it could very well be that. When I called the vet to make an appointment, the girl at the desk asked if it might be a hairball too, so now I'm wondering if it could be the case. I mean, it's a little puddle of vomit, but I suppose it could be her trying to get out a hairball, and tying to get it out might be causing her to vomit.

I've been trying to get them off of the Fancy Feast which they are being very stubborn about. So I the change in food might be causing her problem. I made an appointment for her in two weeks, so I can watch her in the meantime. If she does it again, I'll look to see if there is a hairball in there anywhere.