Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The big storm . . . .

Rick C
April 21st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Abby and Keeper were mostly house-bound on the weekend as a big storm, probably the worst of the year for the Calgary area, passed through. . . . . . although I ran a half-marathon yesterday morning in a wind chill of minus 23!!! Howling, howling wind out on the bald butt prairie, ice on the paths and leaping through drifts. Very challenging. Very crazy. I guess it was fun.

Anyhoo, the weather broke enough on Saturday a bit to let us retreat to the woods, out of the wind, for a bit of a walk:

Below, Keeper and Abby break a new trail:

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_4390-edit1.jpg

Below, the return of hard winter . . . . .

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_4371-edit1.jpg

Below, the forbidding forest. We were alone here:

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_4380-edit1.jpg

But Abby (foreground) and Keeper love winter more than summer

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_4365-edit1.jpg

. . . . . even as Polly appreciates the indoors more than they do.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC03037-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

hazelrunpack
April 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM
My connection is only letting me download the shot of Abby and Keeper breaking the trail...and all I can say is I've never seen such happy trailbreakers in my life! :cloud9: Look at those faces! And the tongues! :dog:

It's a great shot, Rick. Wish I could download the rest...maybe later the lines will be better. :fingerscr

Rick C
April 21st, 2008, 10:52 AM
My connection is only letting me download the shot of Abby and Keeper breaking the trail...and all I can say is I've never seen such happy trailbreakers in my life! :cloud9: Look at those faces! And the tongues! :dog:

It's a great shot, Rick. Wish I could download the rest...maybe later the lines will be better. :fingerscr

Left click on each blank space where the picture should be.

A dialog box will appear.

Right click on "Properties."

Another dialog box will appear.

Highlight the link that starts "www.goldentales.ca/ and the rest of the link information. Copy it. Put it into your browser. Hit return and the picture will appear.

You can view each one individually that way on a dial-up or slow connection.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

badger
April 21st, 2008, 11:15 AM
Oh you poor things ;)
That is possibly the happiest cat I have ever seen.
I hope that beautiful view through your windows is protected, oil-free land :)

ancientgirl
April 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
OH, I've never seen Polly before. What a sweetie!

And I love that first picture of Abby and Keeper! Those smiles!

Love4himies
April 21st, 2008, 11:27 AM
Abby and Keeper seem to be quite happy and enjoying the turn in the weather.

As always, your pictures are breathtaking.:lovestruck:

clm
April 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Beautiful pics as always. Amazing how much snow you got. Better there than here is all I can say. :D

Cindy

Rick C
April 21st, 2008, 12:27 PM
Oh you poor things ;)
I hope that beautiful view through your windows is protected, oil-free land :)

Out the window and over the hill . . . . are a lot of oil/gas wells. The original Turner Valley field is about 15 minutes away and there are lots of pumpjacks between Turner Valley, Black Diamond and Longview. Black gold!!! Most drilling relates to natural gas these days and activity is turning up now after a two year drop.

Polly has no back feet but can claw her way up onto the bed.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Frenchy
April 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM

I second that !! :cloud9:

Love Abby and Keeper in the first picture , they look so happy ! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
April 22nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
In the first pic Abby & Keeper are so happy they look like they have found heaven on earth and the biggest pile of bones ever. :D

Polly definately is enjoying her snooze on the comfiest spot in the house :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Chaser
April 22nd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Those are probably the happiest animals I have ever seen! Great shots too :)

chico2
April 22nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Beautiful as usual,but just keep the snow where you are,ok!
Polly has the sweetest little girlie face,I bet she cannot wait for all that white stuff to go away:lovestruck:

FancyAppy
April 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Beautiful photos as always. I enjoy viewing all your posts.Polly has stolen my heart.

Ford Girl
April 22nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Rick, these are amazing as always, I love the golden smiles in the first ones...my golden LOVES the snow too...so happy to see it when they first wake up in the morning...bounding around like puppies!! :angel:

Polly is too cute too. :cloud9:

loopoo
April 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
polly is just beautiful:cloud9: you dont post enough of her... and all the rest of the pics are awesome as always.. i love the last one with snow on abbys face and keeper in the background:lovestruck:

MissDorsie
April 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
I just love to see dogs romp in snow. My Lab pup hops just like a rabbit when she's out in it!

rainbow
April 27th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I absolutely love that first shot. :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: