Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crazy kitties, or just a day in the life of a cat?

ancientgirl
April 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
In my never ending quest to understand my four legged roommates, I am once again in need of some opinions.

Subject 1: Oksana - aka The Little Miss and The Diva

Oksana doesn't like being picked up or sitting on your lap. She likes to be petted, but only when she's in the mood. Lately, she's gotten in the habit of sitting in front of me when I'm watching TV or on the computer. I'll stop what I'm doing and sit on the floor to pet her, thinking that's what she wants. (I do play with them all when I get home from work and several times on the weekend with their toys). As soon as I sit on the floor, I'll start petting her but she'll walk away.

Okay, I get back up on the couch and look down at her. She keeps staring at me and walks toward me. Again, I sit on the floor to pet her and she walks away:frustrated:

Today she did the same thing, except I decided to see what she'd do if I ignored her and kept reading my magazine. This time she figured since I couldn't see her, she'd have to give me a tap. She tapped me on the leg and I looked down at her, put the magazine down, sat on the floor and started to pet her...for about 15 seconds then she walked away!

Okay, is she getting together with the others at night and laughing at me?

Subject 2 - Maks aka Mad Maks, Papuccino

He loves to spend time up in my room. I can hear him chirping and cooing and meowing from down here. I think, who is he talking too? I strongly suspect there is a phantom kitty here. I've seen what looks to be a grayish cat out of the corner of my eye on several occasions and there have been times I've been napping and felt one of them on the bed, only to look up and nobody is there. Could Maks be talking to phantom kitty or do other kitties do this kind of talking to themselves thing?

Opinions, or first hand experience please!:D

duttypaws
April 19th, 2008, 02:03 PM
as for little miss diva... Lola does this.... she sits on the computer when i want on it.... and if i get up... she sits on my seat... she just wants attentino for as little time it may be.

ancientgirl
April 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I love giving her attention, but what drives me nuts is as soon as I begin to give it to her, she walks away:laughing:

When she was a kitten she loved sitting and sleeping on my lap. As she got older she just stopped wanting to be fussed with other than for short spurts. :shrug:

duttypaws
April 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM
lol... she doesnt need much lovin! lol.... :) oh well cats will be cats! :cat:

mandynor
April 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I know how you feel! My kitty, Monkey, is funny like that, too. She stares at me, sits in my seat when I get up, follows me around, but as soon as I give her some attention, she moves away! I just want to snuggel her because she's soooo fuzzy and cute, but I would never force her.

I have found that if I just ignore her, and I'm laying on the couch watching a movie or something for a longer period, just as I'm about to get up and go to the bathroom, she jumps in my lap and settles in and starts purring :shrug: what can I do but "hold it" as long as I can and enjoy the time with her. She is my first kitty, so I'm just learning about these crazy little creatures! Regardless, I love her tons!

good luck!
mandy

ancientgirl
April 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM
What a cute name for a kitty! Oksana only jumps up on my bed in the morning and insists on some petting. She'll sleep either next to me against my legs, but as for actually sitting on my lap, no way. :D

Have you posted some pictures of Monkey in the photo gallery?

chico2
April 19th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Ancient,Oksana is just beeing a girl-kitty,they are often a little different than boys,not every girl,but many.
My 3 are all lap-cats,but they are boys and will lap up all the affection they can get.

mandynor
April 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM
ancientgirl..
I haven't posted pictures of Monkey yet, i'm still figuring out all details...trying to figure out how...i know this isn't the right post to ask, but do I have to wait a certain amount of time to post pictures? I'd love to share my critters with everyone...

mandy

ancientgirl
April 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Chico, my boys aren't lap kitties either:sad: The only one that does like to sleep on my lap now and then is Kiska, and when I'm downstairs with Czarina she also sits on my lap, so at least I have two for now:D

Mandy, I know you need a certain amount of posts to be able to post pictures, but I have no idea how many that is. You might want to PM Marko and ask. I do think you might be able to post after 5 or 6, but don't quote me on that.:D