Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PC Financial™ pet insurance......

RUSTYcat
April 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Does anyone here have any DIRECT experience with PC Pet Insurance? (PC=President's Choice)

Have you had claims? Were you satisfied with the service you received?

If you had to choose again, would you pick PC?

Will you continue/renew with PC?

I'm looking for firsthand experience....and/or.....if anyone has recently compared PC with another and rejected PC, why did you choose the other?

OK, so secondhand accounts will do too...but...not "seems to me I've heard that blah, blah..."

PLEASE.....don't list previous threads on pet insurance.

RUSTYcat
April 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/bumping/3.gif

SnowDancer
April 21st, 2008, 04:21 PM
Since you haven't had any replies, suggest you ask at your vet's. I know my vet has good things to say about the Plan we are enrolled in - and he/she or the receptionist might be able to give you some feedback - although they might be a bit hesitant to get into specifics - but perhaps would suggest a different plan if they didn't feel PC would be good for you.

Kashi
April 21st, 2008, 04:38 PM
We recently shopped around for pet insurance.
PC was one of the ones we looked at, as we have our home and auto insurance with PC.

We rejected them, or rather, we opted for PetCare Insurance instead for a couple of reasons :

PetCare has an indoor cat policy that is inexpensive.
PetCare has a policy that includes a no-deductible yearly wellness allowance

We have claimed our yearly wellness check-ups for Pugsley (exam, shots).
The paperwork was straight forward, we filled out our part, the vet filled out hers and we mailed it in.
We got a phone call about a week later to confirm that our claim had been received and a cheque made out.
We received our cheque about a week after getting the phone call.

No problems, no issues at all.