Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Montana!!

mandynor
April 19th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hello,
I'm new to the site. I found it last night as I was looking for some information about some health issues one of my dogs was having. WHat a wonderful place this is!!! I'm glad I found it, and hope to post on happy things, not just my sick old dog :cry:

My husband and I have two dogs and a cat...

Cheech is our eldest, he is a 13 year old german shephard mix, having some health problems currently (I posted there, too). He belonged to my husband before we met.

Hayduke is a 9 year old Rottweiler. He has been my baby since he was a baby...i'm pretty sure he was put on earth to make me laugh! He's my best buddy, we've been through a lot together...:)

and then there's our cat whose name is Monkey (no I don't have a monkey, just a cat named Monkey)...a little confusing for some...She's the baby at two years old, and her energy is welcome in our home of old boys... :crazy:

It's hard having old dogs who can no longer go on hikes with us. When Cheech was young, he would go skiing with us, mountain biking with us....he was amazing...now, we're lucky if he takes a walk down the alley with us...
Duke is doing a bit better than that...he can still go on good walks, but no long hikes for the big guy anymore...but sooooo much love. And the cat, well, she's a cat...she's crazy, and lovely, and loves to torment our old dogs...it's quite comical!

THanks for being here!!!!!
Mandy

hazelrunpack
April 19th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Hi, mandynor. As soon as you're able, we'd love to see pics of all your furbabies. :thumbs up

We've got 6 who are all within a year-and-a-half of each other--sigh--not looking forward to them all getting old...so I can empathize with your situation :grouphug: But they'll always keep us smiling--even when they've slowed down some!

It doesn't seem fair that they age so quickly. I suppose it's better for them that we live so much longer--that way they have someone who can love them their whole lives! :shrug:

But I digress. :o

Welcome to the board!! :D

mandynor
April 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Ok...so here are the critters....
Cheech the 13 year old German Shephard Mix...
Hayduke the 9 year old Rottie!
and Monkey, the black and white fluffy kitty!!!

enjoy!!!

mandynor
April 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
More Pictures....
I call the one "Baby Seal"...my rottie loves to lay like that!!

mandynor
April 20th, 2008, 10:54 AM
meow!!!! presenting....Monkey cat!!!!

NoahGrey
April 20th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Cute pics...Thanks for sharing

ACO22

Masha
April 20th, 2008, 05:01 PM
and then there's our cat whose name is Monkey (no I don't have a monkey, just a cat named Monkey)...a little confusing for some...She's the baby at two years old, and her energy is welcome in our home of old boys... :crazy:

Hi Mandy,

Adorable furkids!! Our cat's name is also Monkey (and i thought that we were being original... :laughing: )

Do you get people asking you "are you kidding? what's his real name?" in response to hearing that your cat's name is Monkey? :D

FancyAppy
April 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome. There are many interesting topics here and plenty of areas to post photos.And you have great photos of your furries. I have not been here very long but have found that everyone is very friendly and really loves their pets.There is alot of great info here . I know you will enjoy your time here.