Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog peeing thru house is clear and odorless

myamack
April 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM
My 5 1/2 yr old lab has been urinating in the house infrequantly, thing is it doesnt look or smell like regular urine.... it is clear and odourless and there is a ton of it. It seriously goes from one end of the house to the other. Is this normal? If not what could it be?

LavenderRott
April 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Are you sure it is pee?

Your best bet would be to have your dog checked out by a vet.

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Very dilute urine is nearly clear and odorless. Is your dog drinking a lot more than usual? Excessive drinking/urination can be a sign of kidney damage or diabetes, among other things. Your dog definitely should see a vet.

If you can, collect a urine sample from your dog (don't take it off the floor; catch it in a clean container the next time your dog urinates) and take it along. But take your dog in, even if you can't get a sample.

Good luck with your dog :fingersc I hope it's nothing serious. And please let us know what the vet says.

Hazmat
April 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Just my 2 cents. Vets will just stick a needle in to collect urine samples. So it;s not a big deal. After a while , clear pee will stink as bad as umm, can take days the clear urine will build up bacteria and really stink. But it will stink eventually. No clear cut solution other than to have a vet check it.

Love4himies
April 18th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I agree with the others, it sounds like a vet visit is required.