Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bring your kitty to work day

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2008, 12:33 PM
My boss doesn't mind when I bring Vlad or the others to work now and then. This morning I brought Vlad in. At first he was wandering around meowing a lot, but now he's having a jolly time.

He's been bird watching, and he's got a great view of the goings on down on the street below.

I've noticed something this time around though. I haven't heard Vlad purr in months, in fact, I can't even remember the last time he purred. And a little while ago, I was playing with him on the floor, and I heard him purring!:D

Ever since I read CyberKitten's account of Chelsea's new therapy work, I was inspired. I called the Humane Society and got in touch with a woman who does a Pets for Therapy program. She finally called me yesterday and she asked me to get back in touch with her in 2 weeks to set up a day when I could bring some of my gang to be evaluated.

I'm going to take Vlad and Kiska. Of the four inside I think they might be the most inclined to do that sort of thing. Oksana doesn't like to be picked up, and Maks is very skittish around new people.

Vlad and Kiska are the most outgoing and when I have company, they are usually the first to approach people.

I'm hoping the evaluation goes well, especially for Vlad, because I think he's a very social kitty and loves to be around people. I think it will make him very happy to go out and see new things.

I've got to get him and Kiska a harness because the woman told me it's helpful with taking them to visit schools, or nursing homes and hospitals.

I just can't get over the fact he was purring:cloud9:

I took some pictures and will post them a little later. He's lounging right now, watching the street down below.

phoozles
April 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
That's so cute! I wish I could bring my guys to work - but they'd probably walk all over the buttons and ruin my show!

Can't wait to see the pictures, and good luck with therapy appointment!

Love4himies
April 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Oh you have a boss like mine. I am allowed to bring my kitties in when my boss is not. He is allergic. My co workers bring their dog in every once in a while.

rainbow
April 18th, 2008, 01:21 PM
WOW, ancientgirl, that's really cool that you are allowed to bring your cats to work (you too L4H). :thumbs up :cool:

Good luck with the therapy appt. for Vlad and Kiska. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

And, looking forward to new pics. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I may have to do the same too. I've been bringing Vlad and the others for a while. My boss has never had an issue with touching them and allergies, but a little while ago he said his face and arms are itching.

I had wiped him with a kitty wipe that has some calming aromatherapy, since he seemed to be feeling out of sorts, so I'm wondering if it's that.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll have no issue with my brining him again, he just won't touch him. I've kept his office door closed and Vlad out of there so hopefully it won't be an issue in the future.

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2008, 01:30 PM
WOW, ancientgirl, that's really cool that you are allowed to bring your cats to work (you too L4H). :thumbs up :cool:

Good luck with the therapy appt. for Vlad and Kiska. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

And, looking forward to new pics. :cloud9:

Yeah, I love that I can do that. I like to bring them now and then, just to let them experience something different than being in the same old apartment day in and day out.

I really hope they pass the evaluation. I think it's something they will enjoy, at least I think Vlad will. And it will be a nice way of bring some smiles to people.

krdahmer
April 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Aw thats so cool that you can bring them in, one of the girls at Canadian Tire working out in the seasonal stuff had her puppy with her today... looked like a sheppard cross.... just a wee ball of fluff! I think having animals around really lifts people's spirits! Vlad and Kiska would be great working as like friendly visitors at a retirement home or something!

Love4himies
April 18th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Ahhh Vlad, such a gentle soul who loves and looks after his clan of kitties and loves people too :cloud9: What a special baby you have.

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Vlad really is such a unique kitty. One of the health carrier representatives that works with us came by today. She loved him. He immediately came to her and wanted to be friends. When she walked in, my boss said "She's brought her great dane with her." LOL, he's so amazed at how big he's grown to be since he remembers when he was a tiny little black ball of fluff. I think if more employeers allowed their staff to bring in their pets now and then, it would make for a better working place. They just automatically make someone smile and put you in a good mood.

Vlad is the only one of my kitties that when he sees me put his carrier on the couch he comes and gets right in. I don't even have to call him. He settles himself in and gives me no trouble at all. It's like he's thinking "Oh yay, we're going somewhere!" That's why I'm hoping he works out for the therapy job.