Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Friends

Lise
April 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
If I hadn't have seen this I would never have believed it.Jack ,our oldest,horse had been having trouble getting up all winter.Arthritis and deep snow have really been hard on the old man.I've been able to get him up myself until Monday.He somehow managed to get his legs through the fence on the only icy patch in his paddock,he was on his side with his legs in the fence.I cut the fence and got his legs out,but he still couldn't get up with the ice.I chipped some of the ice around him so he could get a more solid foothold,however he was still unable to get a grip and continued to slip.I tried to move him so he would be able to get his legs under him,everytime he fell back into what was now becoming mud.I decided to stop and let him rest,regain his strength,before trying again.This was when Happy decided to get involved.At first he only sniffed at Jack,then he must have realised Jack was stuck.Happy grabbed Jack's halter and tried pulling him.When this didn't work,he tried by his mane,gave up and tried grabbing him by more of his neck area.At this point,Jack seemed to realise Happy was attemting to get him on his feet and really started to try to get up,but the footing made it difficult.Happy put one leg over Jack and began trying to pull Him towards himself onto solid ground.Once he moved him a bit onto dirt he once again began lifting Jack.This time though as soon as Jack was up a bit Happy would move forward and brace himself against Jack so he wouldn't slip back down.Finally Jack managed to get up.It took almost an hour to get Jack up,but Happy stayed and helped him.I got some of this on film so if I can figure out how to post it you can see some of what happened.

krdahmer
April 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM
That is so sweet.... what a good boy Happy! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
April 18th, 2008, 10:02 AM
:cloud9: What a great story! Happy is such a true friend! :cloud9:

Wish I could see it, but I usually can't download video. :sad:

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
What a lovely story! I can't wait to see it on video!

Frenchy
April 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM
omg this is so cute ! Don't you just love animals ? :lovestruck:

mastifflover
April 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Don't you just love animals ? :lovestruck:

My thoughts exactly how sweet

rainbow
April 18th, 2008, 01:32 PM
That is a beautiful and amazing story. :cloud9: :thumbs up :lovestruck:

I can't wait to see the video either and I think you should send it in to your local newstation. :goodvibes:

Ford Girl
April 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
They teach us humans so much don't they. :angel: :angel: