Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Well the worst situation has happened.... im moving in December.

duttypaws
April 17th, 2008, 05:07 PM
ok so selection by quebec was refused today apparently i dont have enough Education (how to get higher than a Glasgow Uni masters i dont know) but anyway ive decided to go home to the UK... which means... crating two cats...

now so far i know...

i have to get them chipped to fly
they have to have a blood test 6 months before we fly so July

anything else where can I get a crate in Montreal?

also how does it go with feeding/watering them?

boy I cant wait to introduce them to Hugo and the cats back home!

Winston
April 17th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think you can get the carriers or the information through the flight your taking....They are pretty specific on what carriers you can take from what I understand...Is Poppy coming tomorrow? Good news is Lola and her new friend will have time to get aquainted before you return home..

Cindy

duttypaws
April 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
She is!! and they will have 6 months here... before i have to take them back to the uk where we have to go through it again when they meet the animals at my mums :frustrated:

im flying Air Canada... and its $1200 to fly them home in separate crates.

14+kitties
April 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Wow! Expensive little farts, huh? :D But they are worth it! I must say I am very happy you are taking them home and not abandoning them like others would.
Too bad you can't stay in Canada. Isn't there anything else in another province? It sucks when they say you don't have enough education when you are at the peak!

duttypaws
April 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Wow! Expensive little farts, huh? :D But they are worth it! I must say I am very happy you are taking them home and not abandoning them like others would.
Too bad you can't stay in Canada. Isn't there anything else in another province? It sucks when they say you don't have enough education when you are at the peak!

Well i dont really want to live anywhere else... after 2 years maybe its time to go back home for while....

yeah... the costs are rising with each airline.. im lucky as my parents and aunt and sister are all chipping into the fees to take get them home... *guess what my birthday present is!*

it works out to be about 1000 for vaccines, blood tests, flying them home to London then we have to drive to Glasgow!!!

onster
April 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
arent u a teacher duttypaws? or is onster confusing u with another member again...i would have thought masters would be more than enough :confused:

ouchies thats a bit steep to take them home eh. Is it 1200 just for taking them and u still have to pay for everything else? The vaccines and such? lol I guess i should save now for when Ill have to take Bunduk and Onnie back to egypt :eek:

Anyway, im sure everything will be fine and im a firm believer that everything always works out for the best..im sure ure UK furries will be glad to have u home :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
April 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
That's so great you are taking them with you. I hope once you're home they get along with the gang over there.

duttypaws
April 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
arent u a teacher duttypaws? or is onster confusing u with another member again.

yes I am but my credentials arent recognised in Quebec its a problem a lot of teacher friends have met coming here... Im a primary special Ed teacher in the uk (i mainly taught in sign langauge back in the UK)... but in Montreal I teach English as a 2nd Langauge....

im ok with moving home I think.... it means i will be making much better money as just now i barely make over $1000 a month!

chico2
April 18th, 2008, 07:29 AM
duttypaws,so you are going home:sad:and from beeing a stray kitty,Lola will be a world-traveller:cat:
You have lots of time to get everything right as far as flying with them,it's about an 8 hour flight I think..right?
We won't lose you,you'll just be far away and hopefully we'll be hearing about all kinds of adventures with the kitties.
My husband was a teacher too,teaching French and German,with his credentials from France,not able to get a teaching-position here in Canada,luckily he got an excellent position at a big newspaper.
We packed everything up at one time and went back to Sweden,stayed only 2 yrs and where right back here..

cpietra16
April 18th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Oh..Duttypaws...my ex was just telling me how hard it is to find a sign teacher for his school. He works for the LBPSB and is a highschool vice principal ( principal for 9-10 grade)....do you want me to see if he can do anything....they are really in need...kids are suffering and they are hiring outside of Quebec for teachers with great salary.Please pm me

Chris21711
April 18th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Duttypaws - Do you want to stay? Cos' if you do you can appeal their decision. When we moved here (long time ago) they refused Hubby because he didn't have a profession per se. We appealed and we are still here. I missed Europe lots, but then started to appreciate the vastness of Canada.

duttypaws
April 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
hey all (just got lucky)

Well my signlanguage is UK signing its different to here... basically Quebec said i dont have enough points which i dont know how as I speak french and english, have a profession, degrees blah blah but Im (in hippy mode) taking it as a sign as I got that the same day i got information froma course i signed up for to become an interpreter so im going to apply from the london end.

ancientgirl
April 18th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Well, they say things happen for a reason. Maybe this is all a sign for you to go back home.