LOST CAT! Please help us find Little Al! Scarborough ON

Firefly73
April 16th, 2008, 05:50 PM
LOST CAT!

LITTLE AL

Date Lost: Saturday April 5, 2008
Breed: Domestic Medium/Long-Haired Tabby
Weight: 10 lbs

Description: Little Al is a Green Eyed, Domestic Long-Haired Black, Brown/Light Brown Tabby, White Chin, with a very Full Coat and "Squirrel-like" tail. His belly hangs kind of low and he has fairly large paws. Sometimes his left eye squints like he's a pirate, hence he may answer to "One Eyed Willy". He may also answer to "Chunkers" or "Mow Mow".
He was not wearing his collar or tags, but is Microchipped, so he can also be turned in to any Veterinarian or Animal Shelter & the Microchip will have our Contact Info. Please check our Craigslist ad to see pictures of Little Al. http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/laf/644141567.html

Street Lost: Kingston Road, near Guildwood GO Station
Nearest Intersections: Kingston Road & Payzac/Overture/Galloway
City: Scarborough

Contact Information: S & D Wood
Email:missinglittleal@hotmail.com

More Info: Little Al is an Indoor Cat and has never been outside. He is very affectionate and friendly, is not afraid of dogs, and has a very healthy appetite.
ANY HELP FINDING LITTLE AL WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED, AS HE HAS 4 LITTLE BOYS AND A DOG HERE MISSING HIM VERY, VERY MUCH!!!! :sad:
Thank You.

rainbow
April 17th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Since Little Al is an indoor cat that has never been outside it is very likely that he is close to home. Go out looking for him with a flashlight when it gets dark and also go in the early morning. Take some of his favourite treats and shake the box/bag while calling him.

Ask your neighbours to let you check their garages and sheds. Look up in trees and in bushes. Leave something with your scent on it on the porch.

Have you put posters up everywhere and contacted the vets in your area? Also the SPCA/shelters, etc.?

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

NoahGrey
April 17th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I hope you find your little guy. Leave out tuna or salmon...Also, leave his little box out, and something that has your smell on it. Check under decks, sheds, gargages, etc.

Keep us posted:)

ACO22

chico2
April 17th, 2008, 07:01 AM
He is beautiful,I :pray:you find him..
I am sure you might already have been to the shelters,but it's essential you go there in person,not all shelters check for microchipping.
Also,Rainbow is right,a neighbors cat got lost and was gone 2 weeks.
A lady living only 3 houses up had been feeding her and finally called HS.
They usually do not stray very far,hope you find him,don't give up:fingerscrlet us know,ok!

Love4himies
April 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I second Ac022 advice. Look very early mornings, your kitty is probably not far and too afraid to come out during the day. Take along his fav treats when looking. The flashlight will reflect a cats eyes so you can see it easily at night. Ask your neighbours for permission to enter their yards for the search.

My parents had an escaped indoor cat under their deck unknowingly for 5 days. Mom was up at 5 in the morning and saw the cat through the basement window, when she went outside to retrieve it, it ran under the deck and would not come out. That cat belonged to people just a couple of houses down that had been frantically searching for it DURING THE DAY.

rainbow
April 18th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Firefly73, did you find Little Al? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Firefly73
April 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Thank you to everyone for replying. At this point we have done absolutely everything we can, and the best we can hope for is that someone, somewhere has seen him. I have lost so much sleep over this... looking outside in the middle of the night....I have told my little ones that he is off on a Great Adventure, and it seems to be helping them.

He's been gone 2 weeks today. :(

NoahGrey
April 20th, 2008, 12:08 PM
ooo please don't give up. have you tried contacting spcas/animal shelters in your area? I would go in everyday and see if your little guy is there.

Post pictures up, put an ad in the newspaper, put pictures of at vets.

ACO22

Love4himies
April 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Do not give up. Somebody about a year ago lost their himalayan and they found it in their back yard I believe in the middle of the night about a month later. Keep looking and knock on your neighbours doors asking them to look in their sheds and under decks.

Keep going to the local shelters, you never know, somebody may have him and will turn him in later, or they may find him in their yard and turn him in. Keep pictures up in your neighbourhood. Keep an ad in the paper every weekend.

Firefly73
April 20th, 2008, 02:13 PM
We are not giving up by any means, and are doing everything, flyers, internet, etc, etc, now we hope all the work pays off.

The not-knowing if he's okay, where he is, is the hardest part tho.

chico2
April 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Firefly,He is microchipped which is a good thing,maybe someone in your neighborhood is feeding him.
So many people let their cats roam,it's very difficult to know whether a cat is lost or not,if you should try to catch it or not.
But if you have missing posters up,with his pic someone hopefully will recognize him and call you.:pray:

badger
April 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I don't know anything about your neighbourhood but mine is generally fairly low income and it took me awhile to realize that not everyone has the internet! Or if they do, maybe they don't think to visit the relevant sites. So keep the poster in people's faces as much as possible.
:fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr that you get Little Al back safe and sound.

rainbow
April 21st, 2008, 02:18 AM
Glad you are not giving up. Have you gone knocking on all your neighbours doors? :goodvibes:

Love4himies
April 21st, 2008, 05:55 AM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41747&highlight=himalayan

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42767&highlight=himalayan

Here are a couple of kitties that were found after being lost for some time. Good luck and keep us posted.

shirley1011
April 21st, 2008, 06:01 AM
Never give up.....About 20 years ago I lost a persian cat...we lived in the country and she was spooked by a storm. She came back about 5 weeks later with pine needles in her fur and we assumed she must have been up a pine tree and was frightened to come back down.

rainbow
April 26th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Any updates? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Firefly73
April 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Nothing Yet. :(

Firefly73
May 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Little Al is home! Read about it here (http://firefly-alternativegirlfriend.blogspot.com/2008/05/hes-back.html). :)

Thanks to everyone who sent their prayers to us in hopes that he would be reunited with us!

And if there's a bright spot in all of this, it's "Marley (http://firefly-alternativegirlfriend.blogspot.com/2008/05/welcome-addition-tre-smith-is-hero.html)"

phoozles
May 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Yay! That's great news! :highfive:

chico2
May 20th, 2008, 03:38 PM
OMG that is fantastic news,beautiful Al is back home:thumbs up:thumbs up
2 months is a long time,don't you wish he could talk?
I believe he was hiding for 2 months,someone must have been feeding him,so you would go out and find him a girl-friend:laughing:
The little tortie Marley is just beautiful:lovestruck:
Did I say I was soooo happy Al is back:laughing:

the gang
May 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM
wounderful news!!!!!!!:thumbs up

rainbow
May 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Firefly73, I am so happy to hear that you found Little Al. :cloud9: :thumbs up

And, Marley is so pretty :lovestruck: .....I hope you will keep us updated with both of them and post lots of pics in the photo forum. :goodvibes:

Love4himies
May 21st, 2008, 06:55 AM
I am so happy you found little Al.!!!!!