Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Earthlings...

NoahGrey
April 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
One of my friends emailed me this documentary.

It is concerning the plight of all animals, from shelters, puppy mills, factory farms, fur trade, entertainment, clothing. Some scenes are distrubing and some images I can't get out of my mind.

It is an hour and a half.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthlings_(documentary)

here is the video:

http://veg-tv.info/Earthlings

Please pass this along to everyone that you know. This is the reason why I have chosen a career in the animal-welfare field. To be the voice of the voiceless, to give them justice. It is not a job to me, but a love of mine.

ACO22

Love4himies
April 16th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Thank you for sharing. I am 10 mins into it and it is a very nice documentary.

Love4himies
April 16th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Warning: not for the light hearted. Very, very, sad.

aslan
April 16th, 2008, 07:29 AM
OMG, i will never understand how people can look into the soulfull eyes of an animal and inflict such pain on them. Took me awhile to get through the whole thing.

Love4himies
April 16th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Well I watched the majority, had to fast forward in some places, but got the gist of it. It shocked me to see the lack of empathy humans have and wonder who raised these people?

NoahGrey
April 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I know guys,

I do see this everyday and it was still hard to watch. I only watch about 45 mins of it and turned it off. I also emailed this is my friends who are also Animal Control/Animal Cruelty Investigators and they could not watch it.

It's soo heartbreaking that anyone can treat animals like this. Blows my mind. Because of this documentary I have vowed not to eat meat anymore. On day 2 now.

We have to get people out of the mentality of "out of sight, out of mind" When us humans, do not take fault or ask how can we change this....the treatment of our animals will sadly never change.

ACO22

want4rain
April 17th, 2008, 09:05 AM
*tears* i havent watched it in some time and it still makes me cry. ive thought about posting it on here but didnt think anyone who made it this far needed to see it. i watched all of it but ill admit there were parts where i covered my eyes sobbing. there is a reason why, despite money being so tight, that we spend a little more money to eat local meats from farms we can tour. Chris couldnt understand how i could butcher a chicken we raised so i showed him. at least i would have taken care of and given the best life possible before taking her life.

i highly suggest making it through this. the kind of information it contains is priceless.

-ashley