Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello all I am Bill from Long Island, NY.....

BillITPro
April 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I have two indoor cats Woogie & Bamba and a pond with a bunch of fish in it as well as a feral colony that basically lives in my yard and I take care of them and they are Tigga, Troubsy, Nosey, PaleFace, Junior and the other ones that come and go are Yoda, Two, Stashy and the absolutely most docile, friendly cat I have ever met Mugsy she has no tail almost no teeth and she is a ball of love. I am trying to get her adopted by someone (Either that or get her a job because she's into me for over 300 in vet bills :laughing: because she needed vacinations and she also had an eye infection and Bartonella and she's been getting Zithromax for that).
I am a computer expert and a BIG TIME animal lover.

Bill

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Bill! Welcome to the board!

What a wonderful person you are for adopting your two indoor kitties, but for looking out for the ones outside your home.

I can't wait to see pictures of them all.

There are a lot of good people here, we're all animal lovers.

phoozles
April 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Bill - can't wait to see pictures of your furry (and scaly) friends! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
April 15th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hi, Bill! Welcome to the board. Can't wait to see pics of all your furbabies!

duttypaws
April 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome :)

Jim Hall
April 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM
howdy a new jerseyan here that must be cat heaven a cool yard and a fish pond

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Welcome and so glad to meet you. Thank you for taking such good care of your feral colony. You will find many fellow animal lovers at this site . I can't wait to see pics of your fur family. Thank you again for caring so much for the ferals

brohnson
April 16th, 2008, 08:13 AM
welcome aboard!:crazy:

BillITPro
April 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Pics of the colony, the pond and Woogie & Bamba can be found here for those that want to see them...
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/MrMajestyk_13/
And thanks for the welcomes I just figure that it's good kharma and besides it's not the cats that are to blame it all started somewhere with humans.

Bill

ancientgirl
April 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Great pictures. The Colony, some of them are just babies!:sad: I'm so glad you are feeding them and caring for them. You are correct, humans are a big part of the problem. If some would take responsibility then there would not be so many homeless cats and dogs out there.

Woogie and Bamba are beautiful.

BillITPro
April 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Truth be told I was always a dog person but my g/f had brought Woogie home at the old house we had together and I was like get that flea bitten ball of fur out of my house (He was covered in fleas as he was born in a garage) well here I am almost 10 years later (His birthday is in August and he'll be 10) and I wouldn't sell him for $1,000,000 I swear I wouldn't. He loves me more than anything ever has and I feel the same way though he is a bit of a boss and as stubborn as anything...Hmmmm :lightbulb: he is my son!!!;)

Bill

Jim Hall
April 17th, 2008, 11:58 PM
very nice pictures a lovely pond do you get a lot of various animals at the pond ?

BillITPro
April 18th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I had lost at least one fish to a Heron about two years ago hence the bigger bridge to give the fish more cover. And there are racoons in the area but so far they haven't messed with the fish though they have eaten the cat food I left out at night over the winter :frustrated:
But I won't do anything to them their animals too so I let them eat it if they want they just have to leave the fish alone and we have a deal and besides if the colony doesn't mind the racoons eating their food why should I?:laughing:

Bill

cpietra16
April 18th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Wow...what a beautiful sanctuary....:cloud9:

BillITPro
April 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
One of the best things is that the pond is right outside my computer room window so when it's Spring & Fall and I have the window open I hear the running water...It's nice

Bill
PS When I win the lottery I'll buy a nice big piece of land for a MAJOR sanctuary for my little friends and make sure none are ever turned away...Ever.