Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My hubby is sooo disappointed in her....

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 10:58 AM
A little background.... my toy (Keesha) is almost 14. I have had her since she was 10 weeks old. She grew up with a dog who was a year older than her (:rip: Tasha) who treated her like her puppy. She hated other animals - dogs and cats. Would not ever tolerate them around. When I moved down here she was 8. She hated Sam, the labx, and resident dog. We had to have a baby gate separating them so Sam could be in in cold weather.
Well.... lately hubby has totally lost his faith in his "killer" pup. :D. Since the kitties have been in the house there has been an amazing difference...

aslan
April 15th, 2008, 11:03 AM
aaaaw the kids are getting along. I love the blue sweater,must keep the babies warm....

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
aslan - she is almost 14. She feels the cold very much and also suffers from epilepsy. The sweater will come off in another couple of weeks and then it's the whole kit and kaboodle... bath, cut, everything. :D

aslan
April 15th, 2008, 11:09 AM
LOL i assume from the pic she is either full poodle or poodlex. they are sooo much cuter when they're all wooly. My mom has a little poodle that feels the cold too so i understand. My little guy is only 3 and he's a wuss in the cold so 14 is wonderful.

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
She is a purebreed toy poodle. Well, as much of a pure as a toy can get considering they were originally bred from a standard. She is the one and only purebreed I have ever bought from a reputable breeder or will ever buy. All my other dogs have come from pounds. She does not get the "poodle" cut. Just a short shave all over. Takes me about 3 or 4 hours with lots of rest in between because she hates it and I want to try to avoid the seizure that usually comes.

Frenchy
April 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
ahhh love is in the air ! :flirt:

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Maybe she thinks she's a cat too!

I'd love to see a picture of her little face!

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I am with Ancient...need more pics of this cuties face.So sweet to see them in harmony eating together.

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I am trying to post a pic of Keesha but the site is giving me a hard time tonight..........
It's a couple of years old but she still looks the same when she has been bathed and shaved. She said I couldn't take a pic of her now. She is too shaggy. :rolleyes:
And yes, I know it isn't that big but it won't let me make it bigger either. :shrug:

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Okay, we'll let you slide this time, only because we can at least see her:D

It's nice to see a poodle of a different color. I see mainly white ones.

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Gee thanks ancient :D
She is what is known as a silver toy. Most people say grey but silver it is. She is my little shadow.

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 09:26 PM
that is a face worth waiting for. Just precious and her color is wonderful. thanks for posting the pic of her cute face.

Jim Hall
April 15th, 2008, 10:17 PM
well keesha said at last someone my size to play with wow cares they smell weird?

growler~GateKeeper
April 15th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Maybe she thinks she's a cat too!

I was thinking the same thing :highfive:

jealma
April 16th, 2008, 07:21 AM
What a cute killer you have. Glad that there are playmates now. Everyone needs a playmate.

14+kitties
April 16th, 2008, 08:23 AM
jealma - I would not go THAT far as to say they are playmates. :D Keesha TOLERATES the kitties and Sam in the house. There isn't any playing except for when she is barking at one of them to get them out of her livingroom. Sam is a 65ish pound labx and Keesha puts the run on her! I was amazed she let Mylee share her plate the other night, just amazed.