Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy has one slightly weepy eye ...

cassblonde
April 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
... she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. I think the cat may have caught it when they were playing but I'm not sure. Her eye looks normal to me so I think it may just be a temporary irritation from the cat or some dirt(she's been digging with my kids - there goes the flowerbed out back).

Is there anything I can do at home to help clear this up? I have some mild eye ointment that I use on the kids when they get mild eye irritation, would that work? Should I try to flush her eye? How would I do that?

I can tell this is bothering me more than it is her - her eyes are normally clear clean and bright.

Cass :)

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Is it a clear discharge? Is the eye red or inflamed at all? I would not use any eye ointment that has not been okayed by your vet.

cassblonde
April 15th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Yes the discharge is clear and the eye looks perfect, not red anywhere - in fact it looks better today, as there seems to be less discharge. Looks like she's taken care of it herself. It was only weepy for a few days and just enough that I noticed it since her eyes normally have no noticeable discharge.

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Glad to hear that her eye is looking better. If it doesn't improve completely then I would get your vet to check it out.