Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Curiousity is gonna kill this Catt

Catt31
June 24th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Ok, I need your help!! I was out for my nightly walk with Brick and we went further than we normally do, into a part of our neighbourhood we had never been. We came up to this guy with a dog and we stopped for a sniff and a hump (the dogs) :eek: The dude told me what kind of dog it was, but I CAN'T remember (Alzheimers).... he said there are only about 7 in Western Canada, and they are from the Canary Islands. He said they are bred for agility. The dog looked part bulldog, part mastiff, was a light tan colour and very short pointy ears. I can't remember totally but I think its tail was short too, but don't quote me on that! He was a puppy, about the same size as Brick, with huge feet....and a huge penis!! LOL (He tried to hump my dog) :rolleyes:

I've searched on the net for dogs from the Canary Islands and the ones that are turning up aren't the dog I saw......its making me CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does ANYONE know what kinda dog this is?? Tomorrow night I'm going that way again, maybe I can find them again!! LOL :cool: (Stalker Catt) :cool:

AM04
June 24th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Maybe a Presa Canario?

Catt31
June 24th, 2004, 09:25 PM
That's what I thought....but it doesn't look like the dog I saw! :confused:

edited: OK, I did some research on the presa canario, and I guess it could be that dog. The only pics they show are the black and brindle ones, this dog was fawn which is also a characteristic colour so its possible!! It would be nice to see a pic of a fawn canary dog so I can compare. He was totally cute though regardless of what he was!! LOL :D

AM04
June 24th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I doubt the argentine mastiff is from there.. but they look similar. Here's a pic of a presa canario and a dogo argentino..

Catt31
June 25th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Yeah, more like the presa canario....maybe just cuz the one I saw was still a young'un. Hmmmmm!!! I'd go with that one until I find the guy again!! LOL :D

sammiec
June 25th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Hmmm, looks like a Pit Bull to me...LOL! Aren't those Persas the saome dog that was mentioned in teh news story about the dogs that killed the lady in the apartment building in San Fran and the lady was sent to jail?!?! I think they are very cute doggies!

LavenderRott
June 25th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Presa's were NOT bred for agility! They were bred for protection and herding. Although, herding dogs must be agile.

Here is a good website.

link (http://www.moloss.com/breeds/opqr/p004/)

sammiec
June 25th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Excellent site Lavender!!

AM04
June 25th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I think presa's and argentine mastiffs look very similar to pitbulls. But they're alot larger. There was a presa at the THS named Hector that was 13 months old and 110lbs! :eek: that's 7 pounds less than my body weight, lol.

Yeah, I read about the presa's attacking the lady in the building. That's sad. She seemed so cold about what happened.

Catt31
June 25th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah, that's totally the dog I saw. When I was talking to the guy, he said agility, but I'm really thinking he meant aggression. He quickly moved on to a new topic after that. He looked like a fighter dog, although all he wanted to do was hump Brick...LOL It is interesting that there aren't too many in Canada...I worry what will happen when the "morons" of the world will discover this new breed to fight and breed for aggression!! :eek:

AM04
June 25th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I remember awhile ago when my uncle got his Argentine Mastiff, King, that no one had any idea what they were. They thought that he was just a really big pitbull. Now I see alot of ads in the paper for Presa pups. Nothing about Dogo Argentino's tho..

Spoiled
June 25th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Maybe the guy said "Agility" and he really meant for speed, determination, that type of stuff, not the sport? :confused:

Catt31
June 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, that is what I meant.....not the agility sport. The dude was a bit on the shady side, so who knows!! At least I know he walks him on a leash!! Thats a good sign!!