Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A little misunderstanding..

phoozles
April 14th, 2008, 03:57 PM
This weekend my sister threw a surprise party for my birthday :lovestruck: - which was very sweet!
At the party, I was opening gifts from my parents, etc. (I live 3 hours away from my family, so I had to open them there). Everyone gathered around as I opened a gift from my mom - something I had asked for - a baby scale!
It had a huge picture of a baby on the side. Everyone in the room gasped, and I believe my boyfriend got a little pale. I squealed "Ooh, a baby scale!", looked at the reactions around the room and then muttered, "It's for my cats".. I've never seen my boyfriend look so relieved in his life! :D

Then I realized I went from people suspecting I was pregnant to being a crazy cat lady in about .3 seconds! :o

Oh well, I still thought it was a great gift! :laughing: :pawprint:

sugarcatmom
April 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
:laughing: OMG, that's hilarious! Congratulations! (on your new "cat" scale, that is)

chico2
April 14th, 2008, 05:23 PM
:laughing:that's sooo funny,I can just picture your boyfriend going faint:laughing:

jealma
April 14th, 2008, 05:28 PM
What a great story. Was it the first gift you openned,, maybe the gasps were people thinking they had the occassion wrong and wanted to exchange their gifts really really fast.. lol

Ford Girl
April 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
LOL! I had to laugh at this cuz I deal with "misunderstandings" all the time, so rediculous sometimes. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Make sure you invite the whole fmaily to the "baby" shower! :D

phoozles
April 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I thought it was even stranger because
1. my boyfriend already knew I was in the market for baby scale for the kitties,

and

2. did he really think I would tell my mother to get me a baby scale of all things for my birthday to tell him that I'm carrying his child? Why would I tell my mom before him? :rolleyes:

The other guests, however, had no clue, so I had to work quickly to explain myself - I don't have a baby, but I have cats, and they are on a fairly new diet, and I need to monitor their weights - and as I was in the middle of explaining, I realized just how crazy I must have sounded right there..

Except here.. here I don't sound crazy at all, so thanks! :grouphug: :laughing:

dmc123
April 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
LOL what a great story!!!

Diane

CyberKitten
April 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
That is such a cute story - I can soooooooooo relate to it it! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the birthday and the gift!

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: ......too funny. :D

krdahmer
April 15th, 2008, 12:55 AM
:laughing: :laugh:

OMG.... that makes me feel so much better about asking for a pet stroller for my birthday!!! (It arrives on Wed.!) How does it work? Oh and Happy Birthday!:D:grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
April 15th, 2008, 01:22 AM
:laughing: too funny.....some tense moments there I'm sure :D

and Happy belated Birthday Phoozles!
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/15.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/14.gif

zarhad
April 15th, 2008, 02:18 AM
LOLLLLL:laughing: I can imagen, great story, thanks for sharing and happy belated b-day:p

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 02:22 AM
:confused: Was your birthday last weekend? .....your profile says it's Apr. 18th :confused:

Love4himies
April 15th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Oh that is soooo funny!

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 09:56 AM
That's pretty darn funny. I need one of those myself.

Happy belated birthday!

Reality
April 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Gotta say. That story gave me my laugh for the day. Thanks for sharing that with us. I would have loved to see the look on your mans face when you openned that gift. Just too funny.. And Happy Birthday crazy cat lady, :-)

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Ummmm, ooppsss :D :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Happy belated or upcoming or whatever it is birthday!
I can relate to the 3 hours away from family. Early party?

Frenchy
April 15th, 2008, 12:14 PM
:laughing: :stork-baby: :eek:

Happy b-day to you phoozles ! :party:

phoozles
April 15th, 2008, 01:14 PM
:laughing: It was an early birthday party - I guess I should have specified that..

The real deal is indeed this Friday, when I turn the big 3 - 0 :eek:

So thanks for the b-day wishes, and I expect more on Friday too! :D

OMG.... that makes me feel so much better about asking for a pet stroller for my birthday!!! (It arrives on Wed.!)

Krdahmer A pet stroller? How does that work? Are you going to be able to fit all 6 kitties in there? Now THAT'S something that I want to see! :D

phoozles
April 15th, 2008, 01:19 PM
That's pretty darn funny. I need one of those myself.

Just so you know - my mom got it at Costco for about $60 - it's not nearly the best on the market, but it does the job! Jake weighs in at 12.78 lbs - down from over 17 in October! :thumbs up

As for Alley, I can't get miss squiggle puss to stay still long enough to get an accurate reading yet - I think I need wait until she tuckers herself out.. :rolleyes:

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM
:laughing: It was an early birthday party - I guess I should have specified that..

The real deal is indeed this Friday, when I turn the big 3 - 0 :eek:

So thanks for the b-day wishes, and I expect more on Friday too! :D

Krdahmer A pet stroller? How does that work? Are you going to be able to fit all 6 kitties in there? Now THAT'S something that I want to see! :D

I'm sure you'll get lots on Friday. :laughing:

Here's a link for cat strollers....

http://www.petacular.com/dir/37.html

phoozles
April 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Here's a link for cat strollers....

http://www.petacular.com/dir/37.html

Wow - I've never heard of those - but I could have used one when I used to carry the kitties down the street to go to the vet!

Oh and krdahmer - happy belated birthday to you! :o

krdahmer
April 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
http://www.justpetstrollers.com/jeep_pet_stroller.html

That is the one I ordered. It shows a dog, and it's open but it is totally enclosed for cats as well.

And it'll only hold 30 lbs.... so just two at a time! LOL and I really only plan to use it for Buddy and Palomine... the others would have heart attacks I think, and the girls could use a break from the tuxedo boys! :cool:

And I was asking how your scale was working for you. ;)

Ford Girl
April 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM

That is the one I ordered. It shows a dog, and it's open but it is totally enclosed for cats as well.

OMG, it's made by Jeep!!! LOL! Lock the hubs and kicker in to 4 low...take that baby off road! :laughing:

phoozles
April 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM

And it'll only hold 30 lbs.... so just two at a time! LOL and I really only plan to use it for Buddy and Palomine... the others would have heart attacks I think, and the girls could use a break from the tuxedo boys! :cool:

Sorry - I spaced out :loser: :D

That's pretty cool - let us know how it works when you get it!

And yeah, the scale is working okay - again, it's not the best one out there, but I'm glad I can finally watch Jake's weight properly, and not worry every day whether or not he's gained or lost, or whatever :)

ancientgirl
April 15th, 2008, 08:13 PM

I've been wanting to get a stroller for a while, but I don't want to spend that kind of money unless I know it's sturdy. I know Vlad will love it! I'm thinking of getting him a harness so I can take him outside, since he's seems to really want to see what's out there.

rainbow
April 15th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Is there any way that you can get a used baby stroller for cheap and then attach one of those rain covers securely? :shrug: