Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Island???

Catt31
June 24th, 2004, 09:03 PM
WTF?? Check out this site.... are they for real????

http://www.thedogisland.com/index.html

AM04
June 24th, 2004, 09:24 PM
I dont know.. but that would be pretty cool! I'd love to live there myself :D

Catt31
June 24th, 2004, 09:26 PM
No kidding!! Romping in the sea all damn day..HELLO!!!! Could life get any better?? LOL

AM04
June 24th, 2004, 09:51 PM
swimming with the doggies and whales! :p

We're dreaming :p

rebel24
June 24th, 2004, 10:11 PM
i saw that site to recently i kinda blew my mind. i wonder if it for real or what.huh you learn something new everyday!

pointerfan
June 26th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I had to find out if the site was for real.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/dogisland.asp

Catt31
June 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Hmmm, interesting!! I didn't think it would be possible to have THAT many dogs living in total harmony! Seemed too good to be true!!! Although I'm sure the dogs would love it. I could see it becoming a dumping ground for unwanted dogs. :rolleyes: Where do people come up with some of this crap???

AM04
June 27th, 2004, 05:52 AM
It did seem too good to be true. But what happens when someone actually pays this? I was reading the website, and found it odd how they said that only rich ppl could afford to go there. If it was real, they probably wouldn't have used those words, as it would scare costomers away, and no place wants to do that! It's all about the money :rolleyes:

chico2
June 27th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Alarm bells went off in my head,the first I thought of was Chinese dogbreeding for meat and I guess I was not that far off....the Chinese name listed and several others gave a clue...

Spoiled
June 27th, 2004, 12:21 PM
That seems to much like heaven for the dogs to be true. :cool:

Luba
June 27th, 2004, 01:13 PM
What a bunch of nonesense! And I don't think it would be heaven to be dumped somewhere with a bunch of dogs I don't know and my family waving bye bye to me. No warm beds to sleep on, out in the rain and mud and storms. Having to fight for my food. Sccccccccccccrew that!

Anyways' hoax or not it's a sick one!
I love their number
Tallahassee, Florida, USA 32311 - (t)1-888-2^3-3$90 - (f)1-801-7^1-2475

Spoiled
June 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM
No warm beds to sleep on, out in the rain and mud and storms. Having to fight for my food.

A lot of dogs have to do this, wether or not they're on the island or not. Anyways, this is a hoax :rolleyes:

Luba
June 28th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Yes Spoiled but that's irrelevant in this thread. I'm well aware of outdoor dogs, I'm trying to get one surrendered to me right now!

mizzlittle
June 30th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Okay I heard about this site a while back but if you read the whole site carefully you see that it isn't all that rosey!

You have to give up your dog to live on an island where you will never see them again... where he may be eaten by the other dogs who will ultimately form a pack and knock off the weaker ones (but hey don't worry about little rover cause hey that is the way nature intended)

A load of rabbits are set free and your dog will feed on these (going back to its wild roots) and when not eating these will feed on the smaller dog breeds but hey again that is nature!

If you are rich enough to afford to come visit your pet - you can come and view the island from a boat approximately 2 miles away (you can't get too close as now your pet will hate you for the years of slavery you have kept it in and may savage you!) and again you may not even be lucky to see your beloved dog as well you are 2 miles away and your dog may be dead anyways so hey!

Sorry I'm a bit emotional about the whole thing!

Catt31
June 30th, 2004, 02:19 PM
To be honest, I never read through the entire site, I was pretty blown away by the unrealisticness of it all. I closed the website and never went back. Ridiculous!! :rolleyes:

jenjen
July 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Anyone who would drop their dog off on some island should be dropped off as well...... I don't know any normal person that would be able to willingly drop off there animal so that they can be "happy". Its a bunch of crap........the sites a bunch of crap......and all you people who have no respect for animals are a bunch of crap. These are not wild dogs, they are domesticated and I know for a fact that if my parents did that with my dog she would have a freaken heart attack.... its not good for the dog its just plain CRUEL

Catt31
July 4th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Anyone who would drop their dog off on some island should be dropped off as well...... I don't know any normal person that would be able to willingly drop off there animal so that they can be "happy". Its a bunch of crap........the sites a bunch of crap......and all you people who have no respect for animals are a bunch of crap. These are not wild dogs, they are domesticated and I know for a fact that if my parents did that with my dog she would have a freaken heart attack.... its not good for the dog its just plain CRUEL

Whoa jenjen!! I wasn't promoting the website or the island for God sake...relax!! It was just a site of interest, thought we might get a good discussion going about it!! People with money and no time on their hands DO and WILL drop their dogs and kids off at places so others can take care of them for them....it happens! I KNOW this site isn't for real....I'm not THAT delusional!! You need to chill out before you start accusing me or anyone on this site for "NOT RESPECTING OUR ANIMALS". I for one was quite offended by your post, so next time, think before you post! :mad:

glasslass
July 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
My thoughts are that the site is not for real, but someone's satirical spoof. :confused:

jenjen
July 4th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I wasn't accusing you or anyone else on this site. I was making a comment about the people who started the web site. I didn't mean to offend anyone, it just annoys me when things like this are put up on the web. I know that the site is not real but just the idea of it is stupid. Sorry that I offended you, my comments were not meant for anyone on THIS website.