Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cats can't be the only ones.

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I've been wondering about this for a while and always forget to ask on here. All of my crazy wicked kitties seem to have no problem jumping into the litter box while I'm in the midst of cleaning it out.

There is always at least one watching me cleaning it, then they get in and start using it as I'm raking. Now, I KNOW mine can't be the only ones who do this right?

Winston
April 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Mine do it all the time...drives me crazy! :laughing:

Cindy

duttypaws
April 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM
one of my cats at my mums does this or waits to poo once its all clean! . :yell:

zarhad
April 13th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I haven't noticed that but my cat has to watch she will wake from a dead sleep to watch...i think it brings her a deep sence of satisfaction sum how...lol:cat:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
HA! I knew mine couldn't be the only ones. I was starting to wonder! This is why I love this place, it helps me to know I'm not going nuts and that I don't have the only crazy bunch out there.

rainbow
April 13th, 2008, 07:52 PM
My cats are just watchers too :D ....as they listen to me swear because one of them dug right down to the bottom of the litter box to pee. :frustrated:

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
You wanna try it with mine? :rolleyes: If they aren't watching waiting to jump in the second I am done they are right in the middle of whichever one I am trying to change.

Frenchy
April 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM
My previous cats use to do this , now Monsieur le chat and Paddy are just looking and waiting for me to be done with it so they can go.

Same with Nelly when I'm TRYING to change the sheets on my bed , I have to close my bedroom door or else she's all over the bed and doesn't want to move :laughing:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Frenchy, I don't have a door to close for my bedroom. I hate changing my sheets, because it takes me three times as long as I should. I know I'll never buy a ruffle again. The one I currently have took me forever to get on, because they kept jumping between the mattress. At one point I was holding the mattress for nearly 5 minutes trying to push them all out of the way with my feet.:frustrated:

Harley's_Mom
April 13th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Yum Yum likes to watch me clean his and then as soon as I'm done he has to use it. I'm sure he forces something out just to dirty it up again. It's almost like he's making sure everyone knows it's his box. :laughing:

Dracko
April 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
For years the 3 cats I had never once came to watch me clean their box or jumped in when I was. The 2 oldest I had to put down and I still have the other one (now 14).

Skip ahead to the ones I currently have. The oldest that I mentioned above NEVER comes when I clean the box. Ginkgo, on the other hand ALWAYS does. She will jump in and go to the bathroom while I am cleaning them out! I had never experienced that before. Smitty, just a little younger than Ginkgo comes and will jump in immediately after I scoop. The 2 youngest have come to check it out before but generally only if they are in the room when I come in to scoop.

So, yes, ancientgirl, you aren't the only one. :o

zarhad
April 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
A little off topic but...Does anyone elses cats back shiver or twitch sometimes?

growler~GateKeeper
April 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Duffy doesn't watch or go during or right after scooping..........occasionally she had gone in & taken a poop while I'm outside taking out the garbage :rolleyes:

Love4himies
April 14th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Puddles like to watch and go as soon as DH is finished scooping. Jasper is a typical guy and doesn't care, just goes when he has to. Sweet Pea is too busy playing to pay any attention.

Love4himies
April 14th, 2008, 07:29 AM
A little off topic but...Does anyone elses cats back shiver or twitch sometimes?

zarhad, perhaps you can start a new thread in the "General Forum for Cats and Dogs", that way your question will get noticed much better.;)

chico2
April 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
My boxes are downstairs and Vinnie will lay on the top of the stairs waiting and as soon as they are cleaned he's doing his thing:laughing:

krdahmer
April 14th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Yep... same here, I get stalked by 6 while scooping! Asker is the only one however that will actually get in while I am still scooping.

ancientgirl
April 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I put their stuff in a ziploc bag, so they already know what I'm going to do when I get the bag, and the little buggers sometimes follow me up, and go right before I scoop! I'll wind up having to either scoop around their fresh pee or have to wait until it clumps:laughing:

NOBODY can ever try to convince me animals don't know anything. NOBODY! They KNOW and I think they do stuff sometimes just to mess with us:D

Also makes me wonder about the whole "privacy" thing they say when you read about how to set up a litter box. Maybe mine have just been used to sharing the space, but they have no issues going when there's company.

dmc123
April 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Ours do it too! They all love to be the first in the "clean" box :)

Diane

phoozles
April 14th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah, :evil: Alley is always in there while I clean - it's as if she holds it in until I'm in there.. The best is, while I'm cleaning out one box, she'll get right in there and urinate, and then, while I'll cleaning up the new addition, she'll go into the other box for number 2. EVERY TIME. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
April 14th, 2008, 07:24 PM
LOL, now why doesn't that surprise me about Alley.:cat:

CyberKitten
April 14th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Every cat I have had AND my bunny had to observe my cleaning of their boxes! It was a big deal. Especially with my bunny! As soon as all the wood shavings and yesterday's News came out, he was in - almost defying me to put anything back in there, lol Or else he wanted to be picked up and cooed at for some time, I don't know, lol

So, no it is not just your cats, :)

phoozles
April 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM
LOL, now why doesn't that surprise me about Alley.:cat:

:laughing::rolleyes: