Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bark Busters

allymack
April 13th, 2008, 05:07 PM
i have been recently looking for a place to help with Enzos leash aggression. I was wondering if anybody here has tried bark busters, they seems like a pretty good place, them come to your house, so its in your dogs environment and they have a guarantee for the lifetime of your dog and will help you fix and new or reoccurring problems for free. i was just wondering if anybody has used them before?

mafiaprincess
April 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I'd run in the other direction and find a training school with some knowledge IMHO.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31294&highlight=barkbusters

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19468&highlight=barkbusters

Ford Girl
April 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I've had mixed responses, I recently contacted the local BB for our aggression issues. My regualr trainer advised against them, altho she is a trainer, not a behaviorlist, but on the golden site I go to, I saw good things...they will allow you to contact them, tell your issues, and interview them - before paying anything or committing to anything, I'd say it's worth a call anyways....but I'm a 3 quote girl - I always get 3 quotes/options before I pick one...

tenderfoot
April 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
You can always ask for references, but of course they will give you names of people who are thrilled with the training. Ask for references from people who had dogs with similar issues as yours. Also go to the local dog shops, vets etc and ask what they think.

Some BB trainers can be good and others I am not so sure. What you want to be sure of is that the trainer in your area is excellent about follow through. If you are paying tons of $ up front for a lifetime guarantee then you want to be sure they will return your phone calls 3 years down the road.

shane 123
April 16th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I've heard a lot of people talk about using them and all the comments were negative. I decided to check them out for myself and didn't like what I read about their methods.

Jessicadelage66
April 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Most of their ideas are not bad but they tell you that to train your dog you can never let them get what they want.

Things like:

Never to let your dogs go out if they ask at the door, you decide when they can go.
When your walking them you tell them when they can stop and pee and only give them a few seconds-a minute to pee or you keep walking.
If they come nicely to be pet never pet them, you have to call them to be pet.

want4rain
April 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
pooey, even if i thought it might be the best for my dog, im not disciplined enough to pull that off.

-ash

also- no pack is like that!! there is a big different between training method and life style!