Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trainer for Dog With Leash Frustration

RubyRuby
April 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am moving to the toronto area in about a month and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good trainer.

My dog has on-leash aggression and we have been going to classes for about a year where I am living right now and want to continue her training in toronto.

Right now she has group classes with other leash-aggressive dogs and off-leash dog walk groups with the same leash-aggressive dogs....I'm not interested in private lessons but would rather have some classes where she can have off-leash socialization as well as on-leash classes to help with her issues with other dogs....

Any suggestions?

allymack
April 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM
sorry i cant offer any trainers, but i do have a question. where are these classes, i have the same problem, and these sound like great classes.

RubyRuby
April 13th, 2008, 05:19 PM
These classes are in guelph....it's called "Dogs in the Park" and you can probably find them by googling it....

these classes are incredible and the the trainer deals with all sorts of behavioural problems....my dog's issues are fairly mild but her leash problems are enough to keep her out of a normal obedience class for now :)

I highly recommend these classes, I just wish I could move them to Toronto!

RubyRuby
April 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Ally Mack i just saw you are from Nova Scotia....i guess they won't be of any use to you :(

allymack
April 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM
oh, i was hoping they would be around here, dang! but i think i will search it up on google for classes like that around here. i can take Enzo ( my dog) to obdience, the only problem i have is going in and out of th classes, once he gets in there he is fine, but i think f they gave us 5-10 minutes at the start of class for offleash energy burning, dog greeting time it would be good, but anyway ways, thanks for the help, and sorry i couldnt be any help.

Longblades
April 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Just another thought for you but I do not allow my puppy to play with his classmates. He is there to work and learn and not play. Playing is for his other doggy friends he meets other places. I think it is harder for him to concentrate if he is used to playing with the same dogs he is to work with. That's what we learned with the last pup, anyway, in agility classes. Might be a good idea to ask your trainers their views on this idea.