Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Worried about my Dalmatian!!

laurelamybanks
April 13th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I have a 4 year old Dalmatian called Hollie, Over the past week she hasn't been keeping her food down and also not passing stool, although over the past two days shes been pooping and it has been quite solid which I'm happy about and she seemed to be on the mend, I feed her a full cup of dry food every night for her tea and she has a slice of dried toast for her breakfast every morning, but shes not the same when she eats it, she used to wolf it down quite happily but now she picks at it and hasn't been finishing her food, she seems quite upset and mopes around quite a lot as if shes depressed and she still doesn't keep her food down most of the time. I'm worried about her because she means the world to me and I don't know if this is serious or just a tummy bug. any idea's??

SnowDancer
April 13th, 2008, 10:51 AM
What did your vet say? If you haven't taken your dog to the vet I would do so now. Actually, the food amount doesn't seem enough if your Dalmation is full size. But a vet check is definitely in order.

hazelrunpack
April 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM
She definitely needs to see a vet, laurelamybanks. She might just have a tummy bug, but it sounds suspiciously like a partial blockage.

I hope Hollie is better soon! :fingerscr

rainbow
April 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Any dog that is lethargic and vomitting needs to see a vet asap.

Also, as SnowDancer mentioned, a piece of toast in the morning and a cup of kibble at night is not enough for a Dalmation.

I hope it is nothing serious for Hollie.....good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes: