Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could it be Done?

Reality
April 12th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I have a suggestion but I'm not sure if it is something that can be done because you need someone who understand how web pages and stuff like that work. I notice that there is a Thread here that is simply chit chat. That's great,,, but it would be sooo much easier if there was one spot that was more like a chat room. where you could talk back and forth and by pass the posting of a message or private messaging. Now like I said, I don't know if this formate could do that. But I think a chat room ( just one) would work well here. And you seem to have enough members that there seems to be someone is here at all times to monitor the conversation.. What do you think?

growler~GateKeeper
April 12th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Since you're talking about the TJT I had to toss in my :2cents: I like it the way it is, especially since there is not always someone on therefore you can post messages to multiple people & they will read it when they come on & you know it will still be there & not lost in space. :D

If you are talking about simply adding a new chat room :shrug: not sure there is enough people who would participate, especially since alot of members seem intimidated by the TJT as it is. :2cents:

marko
April 13th, 2008, 08:59 AM
We have looked at chatrooms in the past and none of them meshed or worked great with the site.

I'll have a look again shortly and if I find something we'll look into it but only after we finish tweaking the server.

many thanks!
Marko

aslan
April 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I agree with growler, the tjt is good for me. I can go back and see what was talked about lastnight, look at pics that were posted, Sometimes we can't get on at the same time the others are so this way we can catch up, if i want to talk in real time, i have msn.

jealma
April 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I kind of like the idea of a chat room. I have never been on this site that there wasn't a handful of people on at the same time. I also agree with growler that the TJT thread should be keep so that you can leave messages there and get responses from people who are not on line at the time but arrive at different times of the day. Change isn't always easy thought. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not.