Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

After the spays

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
#1 Skitty looking high
#2 Kylee looking higher
#3 Little Mylee not looking happy. I may need to go get some painkiller for her. She seems to be in more pain than the others. :sad:

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
....and Squeak looking....... well, you decide. :D

Winston
April 12th, 2008, 07:17 PM
14+kitties..they are looking a little dopey! The third one more so than the others! I hope they are not in pain! You deserve a big :thumbs up:thumbs up for all of the ones you have spayed or neutered! God I cant imagine your bill!

Cindy

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thank you Cindy. I appreciate that. Believe me, I preach spay/neuter every chance I get!!
Mylee is in more pain I think. She crys when I pick her up. I think she will be sleeping beside me tonight and if she is no better tomorrow I will be phoning the regular vet here for pain meds for her. Poor sweetie.

Winston
April 12th, 2008, 07:26 PM
they are usually much better after a few hours of sleep too! so she may be okay tomorrow!

Cindy

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I hope so. I would imagine she will be. She is just so tiny I worry more about her I guess. But she is a tough little cookie. By tomorrow she will probably be carrying her balls or her ear plugs around talking to them the whole while. :rolleyes:

jealma
April 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
They are all beautiful looking even with the stoned look in their eyes. I hope everyone is feeling much better tomorrow. And I hope you manage a good nights sleep too.

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks jealma. I have been through this quite a bit lately with my 12 other little ones. I sleep lightly anyway if I know there is something not right. Mylee will be right beside me so I will hear her if she is not more herself before I go to bed.

growler~GateKeeper
April 13th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Loopy kitties :p

:goodvibes: for Mylee hope she doesn't need painkillers

and :goodvibes: for the others too of course

:grouphug: for all you do, were these the last ones to get done or you still have more to go?

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Loopy kitties :p

:goodvibes: for Mylee hope she doesn't need painkillers

and :goodvibes: for the others too of course

:grouphug: for all you do, were these the last ones to get done or you still have more to go?

Thanks growler :) Mylee seems better today. She is following her sister around trying to clean her. :rolleyes: She didn't scream when I picked her up like yesterday when I transferred her from her carrier to her bed.
Squeak still seems a little out of it. I will keep an eye on her.

These were the last of the original group of kitties from last year. Now we have to go after the females that are still producing :sad: and keep an eye out for any errant males that may still be around. :fingerscr we will soon get them all.

chico2
April 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
14+,awww look at those beautiful little girls,I am sure they'll be fine after a couple of days:goodvibes:
There is not enough words in the dictionary to describe how wonderful I think you are for caring for all these needy little ones:grouphug:

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Chico - it is way too early in the morning to make me cry :cry:
Thank you so much. I do it cause I love them. Just like you look after Bailey. You love him.

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Poor little sweeties. I hope they're better today.

How many have you done? Are all your little ones S/N? I wish there was something I could do to help you out.

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 09:08 AM
ancient - thank you very much. We are fine now. The money crunch is almost over. At least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

The little ones are ok today. Still a little dopey but that's to be expected. They will probably spend most of the day resting. They are in their big crate right now resting happily.

These ones made 18. My original kitties are done plus the 2 males that showed up. By the time the new kitties are ready to be done I hope to be in a better place financially. That is if they don't get adopted. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM
You are a saint!

Love4himies
April 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
You are doing a great job :thumbs up. Some may not look happy now, but they will have such a better life for what you have done!

krdahmer
April 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
You are a saint!

I second that!:grouphug: The girls look really dopey, Mylee may have cried out just because she was confused... I know Buddy after his teeth was completely confused and even unsure of me. And he was even dopey and off the next day too. I guess some get over the anesthetic faster than others.

:goodvibes: for the girls and speedy recoveries!!!

Frenchy
April 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM
ahhhh , yes they looked stone but that is normal. I'm glad they're doing better today ! :thumbs up

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Frenchy - I have not seen my other ones looking quite as stoned. I think it's because these ones were smaller.

I have to share these ones.......
This is how Skitty, Kylee and Squeak spent most of their day..... Mylee did too but she showed some interest in their toys......
Yep, that's my ball but no energy to play mom.
Then the ear plug came out and she found energy.......till she "lost" the ear plug under the washing machine. :rolleyes:

chico2
April 14th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Awww,they are soo sweet and girlie looking,look really soft:lovestruck:
Hopefully by today,they'll be back to their normal selves.
I've only ever had one female kitty(Cookie a Tortie)many,many years ago,so I don't remember,but how long is the spay-scar??
I like your lineup of carriers:laughing:
I have to hide ours,or my boys will not relax:laughing:

14+kitties
April 14th, 2008, 08:51 AM
chico - the incision is great. Nice and small. I remember having my dog done with the large incision so it was a relief to know the kitties weren't that big. :D
The one end of my kitchen is set up for the kitties recovery. The dog crates work really well. I put an old cupboard in the bigger one so they have a spot to get up higher. They get to roam the house but if they feel threatened (they are afraid of my stepsons) or I have to be outside for quite a while that's were they go.

rainbow
April 14th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Geeze, I missed this post till now. :o Look at those poor little faces. :grouphug: They sure are cuties. :cloud9: And you are an amazing person. :angel:

chico2
April 15th, 2008, 05:53 AM
14+,that's a great kitty recovery set-up:thumbs up and the scar dos not look too bad,hopefully they are back to normal today:cat:

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM
:o thanks rainbow, but I am really not. I do what I have to. I think my bunch are pretty cute too. :rolleyes:
Chico - they are back to their mischief. Everything back to norm. :thumbs up

FancyAppy
April 15th, 2008, 06:28 PM
You are an angel to spay and neuter as many as you do. Your photos and narrative was much enjoyed here. The kitties all look very healthy and seem to have come thru surgery very well.You are a very special person with a big good heart to care for so many.
All the kitties are precious.

14+kitties
April 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks Fancy. You and so many others on here do the same thing with your pets. I think we ALL need a big :grouphug: