Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Petsitter Montreal?

duttypaws
April 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I know im thinking soo far in advance but I am flying home to the UK and dont really want to put Poppy and Lola into a boarding as they both have been in homes/cages/outside... so get a little stressed about moving about anyway..

does anyone know a petsitter in the Montreal area (im in NDG) it would be from Dec 24th - 6th January. Any advice would be fab as I want it all arranged well before i go ... (yes maybe a little to early! )

I have found two but would rather go with a recommendation from someone :)

BusterKitty
April 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
How about a friend that lives near you and you trust? Friends don't usually charge anything and they don't petsit for a career, they do it because you're their friend =) I hope that helped since I'm not in Montreal.

duttypaws
April 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
i have thought about that but its a big thing to ask someone over festive season... being from all over the world, most of us go home at xmas ... and my closest friend wouldnt know how to look after a cat! let alone two.. id rather know it was someone who would make it on time.... etc etc....

BusterKitty
April 13th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Oh true, the holiday season. Well, hope you find a reputable petsitter! ^^

duttypaws
April 13th, 2008, 09:50 AM
thankyou..

SnowDancer
April 13th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I would ask your vet if he/she knows of someone - that is how we found the lady who boards our dog at her home - the American Eskimo does not do well in a kennel type of environment and she treats her boarders as members of the family. Cats are easier of course and a person could come in daily to feed/water/change litter etc. I agree I would not ask a friend unless he/she lived very close and I absolutely would not ask that they provide the service for free. I know people who do this with their dogs - and dogs are a big responsibility. At least cats don't need someone there at night - unless of course it was our former cat Blanche who thought she was a dog. Another person to ask would be a groomer - especially if there is one near or associated with your vet.