Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

L4H - the pics you requested

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 10:26 AM
This is what I found in the garage one week ago yesterday. They weren't there the day before.
I had a couple of boxes set up hoping the ferals would use them. One did!!! Of course I have to sneak in and take pics when mom isn't around. In the second one I used my zoom and got that one just as mom was climbing back in. Whew!! Got the usual growls and rumbles from her but that is it.
I am really going to have to find a live trap that I can lure her into once these babies are weaned. They won't go near the one I have, even if it's camouflaged. Maybe it has the smell of the feral male or the coons my neighbour caught??
These guys will be up for adoption when they are bigger.
I need to find me that white cat that keeps showing up. :rolleyes: This is the third kitten that is almost identical with the spots.

krdahmer
April 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck: Kittens!!! :grouphug: Best of luck with mom!

badger
April 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
So sweet, those little tiny pristine feet and noses. They look healthy too, no doubt due to mother cat chowing down on your home cookin'!

allymack
April 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
aww, they are adorable!:lovestruck::cloud9: good luck with the mama cat.

Love4himies
April 12th, 2008, 12:08 PM
OMG, a kitten fix :lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::D They are adorable! I love kittens so much:yell:

Thanks 14+kitties!

Good luck with the cats!

Winston
April 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
OMG a kitten fix! but! how did you get more kitties? did I miss something? you poor thing! you have enough already!!!! they certainly are cute!

Cindy

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks krdahmer, badger, allymack, L4H, and Winston.

OMG a kitten fix! but! how did you get more kitties? did I miss something? you poor thing! you have enough already!!!! they certainly are cute!

Cindy

Yes Cindy, I have enough. Unfortunately as long as the ferals are around I will have more. There are 3 females. 2 have given birth, the other will any day. I seriously can not catch them. But I am not giving up!! The other group of kitties are in one of my greenhouses so I am hoping with me being in there all the time mom might calm down enough for me to make friends. Then they will be fixed and they can live here forever!!

Frenchy
April 12th, 2008, 12:50 PM
OMG a kitten fix! but! how did you get more kitties? did I miss something?

Same question here ... omg they are so tiny and cute ! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
April 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately as long as the ferals are around I will have more.

ahhh they didn't see your no vacancy sign ? :sad: you have so many already , I guess the word is out ! Go there go there , the nice lady will feed you and put a roof over your head because she is :angel:

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Same question here ... omg they are so tiny and cute ! :lovestruck:

Frenchy - I know, I know. No one is more upset than me. Believe me, drastic measures will be taken to get the moms as soon as babies are big enough. If I can't adopt them out to good homes you know I will look after them. They will not be abandoned.
If anyone has a foolproof method of catching ferals without harming them and getting ripped up in the process PLEASE let me know!!

Frenchy
April 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
We know this is NOT your fault , you do so much to pick up everyone's mess (those who just lets their cats out , unspayed and uneutered) and you're right there to help these poor cats :2huggers:

Winston
April 12th, 2008, 01:01 PM
14+ Kitties did your girls go in for their spay yet? How are they doing? I wonder if the spca will loan you a trap? could you put something really attractive inside and hope for heck the moms go in?

Cindy

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for that Frenchy. It is very frustrating sometimes. It's a good thing I have the room to look after these guys. I really hope it will stop soon.
Winston - thanks for asking about my girls. Actually, I am leaving in about 15 minutes to get the last of them from the vets in Toronto.
This means I have fixed 18 cats so far. (Can I pat myself on the back?) :rolleyes: I will post pics of the "recovery" phase. :D
Actually, I do have a live trap. I need to get a brand new one with no scents in it I think. :shrug: The SPCA and rescues that I have talked to won't loan out traps anymore. I have even thought of a net but I don't think that is a good idea. I will get them. I have to. I can't keep on doing this.

Frenchy
April 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
This means I have fixed 18 cats so far. (Can I pat myself on the back?)

Yes you can !!!!! Now tell the strays to stop their chika bow chika bow bow for a few weeks !!! :laughing:

ancientgirl
April 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
OMG they are so cute! And quite chubby. They are obviously being taken good care of.

I wonder if maybe, after they are weened, perhaps put something in the trap that smells like her kitties. Maybe if she thinks one of them are in there she'll go in:shrug:

chico2
April 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Aww 14+,I did not know about these new kittens,OMG they are sooo sweet:lovestruck:
I know it's not your fault,you have done more than many people would and we love you for it as do the kitties.
However it must be so very difficult to keep up,not only financially,maybe you should be an official rescue and get some tax-breaks??
I just HATE people who do not take care of their cats,who don't care and just dump them out in the country,people are just such evil beeing!!!

krdahmer
April 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
The only luck I had catching the ferals was with the have a heart type trap(I had it set up in the grass, and they always circled and circled before actually going in- one little stinker even managed to fish the tuna out through the sides without going in!:rolleyes:). I have one too if you want to borrow it and try putting out more than one. If they do smell other animals on the traps though it does make it harder... it has to be something really good for them to venture in for. And I did actually manage to get them from the trap into a carrier without ever getting near their claws... takes some finess but I could tell you or show you how. I took in a super wild feral mama, managed to take her in, get her spayed, and put her back out, without ever actually touching her (because from the sounds of her growling and hissing I would have lost an arm I swear! :eek:) You have a few weeks to come up with a plan.... so let me know! I'd be happy to help... especially if there would be kittens to pet!!! :o :D

krdahmer
April 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
However it must be so very difficult to keep up,not only financially,maybe you should be an official rescue and get some tax-breaks??

I just HATE people who do not take care of their cats,who don't care and just dump them out in the country,people are just such evil beeing!!!

Or maybe as a sanctuary? I wonder how that works?

And I agree Chico, may those kinds of people be repayed in kind! :frustrated::sad:

Love4himies
April 12th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I keep opening this thread so I can peek at the kittens hehe:cloud9::lovestruck:

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
:grouphug: Thank you ladies!! I swear I was really wondering if I should even post the pics. I know this is getting out of hand. But you all have made me feel so much better. Thank you again.
L4H - look all you want. I will try to get more as they get older to feed your need. :D
Chico and krdahmer- the sanctuary is a good idea but so far hubby has said no. With the two business' we have enough to keep us busy. He is also afraid they would make us build a better sanctuary and we just can't do that right now. I will keep at him.
krdahmer - thank you so much for the offer of the trap. I may take you up on it when the time comes. And you can pet as many kitties as you want. :) The place I take them to in TO will actually take them in a live trap and then transfer them into carrier before they wake up. It is easier for me. I have some new ideas for trapping so will try them too. Thanks for the great tips as well. :highfive:
ancient - great idea and I may just try it!
Winston - I posted post spay pics for you. :rolleyes:
And Frenchy - :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Winston
April 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I know this may sound harsh but is there a way to maybe give them a sedative in some food in the garage where they have been coming once the babies are weaned..and then this way they might be less likely to fight you?

Cindy

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I know this may sound harsh but is there a way to maybe give them a sedative in some food in the garage where they have been coming once the babies are weaned..and then this way they might be less likely to fight you?

Cindy

Winston!! You may just be a genius!!! I will talk to a vet to see if they would be willing to give me something to make it easier. I could not feed them for a day and then try. :highfive: I want to get them fixed so badly. There reaches a point where you wonder if you really are turning into a crazy cat lady. :rolleyes:

Winston
April 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
It just might work if you could get them in the garage so they cant get out! Thats the trick?? then if they were dosey or relaxed? Hey maybe rescue remedy in the food? I dont know if it works on ferels? worth a chat with the vet though? Best of luck

Cindy

14+kitties
April 12th, 2008, 09:26 PM
So does Rescue Remedy work that well? I haven't had to use it. I thought it was just something that generally mellowed them out. I didn't think it made them dopey too???
I want to take Miss Atty in to get her leg checked next week by our regular vet so I wil ask him while I am there if he would be willing to give me something. Probably if I promise to take the cats there he will but he is a lot more expensive than in Toronto. Although if the price of gas keeps going up.........

growler~GateKeeper
April 13th, 2008, 12:49 AM
awwwww :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

:grouphug:

here kitty kitty come get S/N :D :fingerscr you can nab the males while you're waiting for weaning time :goodvibes:

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=growler;579184
here kitty kitty come get S/N :D :fingerscr you can nab the males while you're waiting for weaning time :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

I have managed to get 2 males. One totally feral and one stray. The stray is still around. I am sure the feral shows up at night too. I watch for strange cats all the time, believe me.

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 07:27 AM
This is what my oldest son did with the pic of the kittens. He also sent them to all of his friends letting them know they are up for adoption.

Toonces
April 13th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Adorable kitties, good luck finding homes for them, a friend of mine is in a similar situation they ahve so many ferel cats around, she did manage to catch one and she had her babies 4 weeks ago her name is mama, once they are weaned Mama is going in for her spay here is a pic of her and her 5 little furries.

ancientgirl
April 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM
14+ maybe not a sanctuary, but I think the others have a good idea with the rescue idea. You might be able to get some tax relief and you can also perhaps ask for donations. At the very least it would be help with food and health care for all of them. I don't know a whole lot about designing websites, but maybe you can have one done, and you can post pictures of the kitties when they are ready for adoption.

If you can get all of your strays S/N then keeping the ones you have may not be such a hard thing to do since you've been doing it now for a while.

I think it's wonderful what you are doing, but it makes me angry that people just leave their cats to have someone else take on the burden of taking care of them. Thank goodness for people like you who have such big hearts.

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Hey Toonces - nice threadjack!!! :D :laughing::laughing: Mama looks just like my Ms. Atty except Atty is smaller I think. Give your friend a hug for me for being Mama's :angel:. I hope she finds homes for those sweeties too. Is she keeping Mama?

L4H will be visiting this thread a lot more now. More babies to look at! :rolleyes:

ancient - we will figure something out. The place in Toronto that is helping me (thanks Luba again :grouphug:) has put me in touch with a fostering program. I will foster until they are adopted. And of course if they aren't they will join my others. What's another 4 or 5 or 6 or....... to feed? It's not the food I am concerned about. It's the vet costs for the S/N and shots.

You guys all have such great ideas. I really appreciate all of your help. :grouphug:

Love4himies
April 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM
OMG babies galore. Ohhhh I just love them to death, makes my heart sing.:lovestruck::cloud9:

Thank you 14+k and toonces. Boy, did I pick the wrong occupation.:frustrated:

chico2
April 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Toonces,what an absolutely beautiful mama cat,is your friend keeping her??
and the kittens,could they be any cuter:lovestruck:

Toonces
April 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
LOL 14....didn't mean to threadjack, just wanted to share there are more caring ppl out there like you that want the best for these darlings. Mama will be staying with my friend, 4 kittles are already spoken for so heres hoping for # 5

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I don't mind Toonces. Really :D I do it enough. I have even threadjacked my own thread. :rolleyes: I was going to put a pic of Ms Atty on here to show you how close she looks to Mama but haven't made it far enough to look for a pic.
I am so glad your friend has managed to find homes for the kittens. Will she be able to keep an eye on them? Is she making people sign a waiver agreeing to get the kittens fixed?
Not that I can talk. There are already at least 6 new ones here. The other mommy had her kittens but I don't know how many or where she had them. I just saw her sneaking around the corner of the garage this morning. I know they are out there somewhere but haven't found them yet. Will have to do some sleuthing. I would suspect she probably had 4 as that is what she has had before. It's funny, I call her Little Mama. She is so tiny. So there is the one in the garage, the one in the small greenhouse, and now Little Mama. That should be it. :pray:
Ummmm, if your friend can't find a home for #5 is she keeping it?

14+kitties
April 13th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Found one finally. My Ms. Atty taken a while ago. She has been fixed since then and has gained weight. She looks a little fuller in the face now. I think she looks like your friends Mama.

Toonces
April 14th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Wow do they ever look alike so pretty and fluffy. All of my friends babies are going to ppl she knows that already have cats that are spayed, netuered and live indoors so no worries there. She is not letteing them go untill they are 10 weeks old and yes she will keep the remaining kitty if a home is not found.

chico2
April 14th, 2008, 07:03 AM
14+,Atty is beautiful!!
Toonces,it's a relief to know mama and her kittens are safe and will have homes.
I've always had a"thing"for longhaired brown tabbies,I had a brown tabbie Maine Coon a long time ago,the most beautiful cat:lovestruck::rip:Tigger
14+,hopefully you'll find the kittens,I suppose there is always a danger with predators out there..

14+kitties
April 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Yes Chico, there is that danger. Most of the time the coyotes don't get up that close to the garage but they have occasionally. The tenant has at least one of his shepards out at night now so they tend to stay away.
I think mama thinks the biggest predator is me. :D She probably hid them somewhere where she knows I can't get to them. In a few weeks she will show them. I can be patient.