Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Want to learn Canine First Aid?

Saradog
April 12th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Want to Learn About Basic Canine First Aid?

Dog owners consider their dogs to be their best friends, members of their family and lifelong companions. There is a tremendous need for training in canine first aid and care because unfortunately, thousands of dogs are injured every year from preventable accidents! Dog owners would do just about anything to help their dog, if they knew how, which is why this course is being offered.

If you’re a dog owner, you really need this course. Learn how to help your dog in an emergency, it may make the difference between getting to the vet in time or not. The Dog Legislation Council of Canada (DLCC), a national not-for-profit organization, is pleased to offer this course for the first time in the Hanover area. Come out and get some peace of mind.

Where: Pineland Enterprises
Concession 4 381439
Just 10 min. northeast of Hanover

When: Sunday May 4th 2008 10:00am - 12:30pm

Tickets: $45.00 in advance or $50.00 at the door Cash or Cheques
accepted.

Course Info: Two-hour course includes First Aid demo by qualified
instructor.
Attendees receive a First Aid Manual and a First Aid Quick Reference
handout. Demo dog will be provided, so please leave pets at home.

To Reserve: Use Paypal at www.doglegislationcouncilcanada.org

Reserve now! Space is limited

All Proceeds go to the Dog Legislation Council of Canada

Post approved by Admins

NoahGrey
April 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I took a first aid course at Conestoga college a few years back. It is an 8 hour course, and you get the keep the First Aid For Pets manual. The booklet is actually very user friendly with pictures that demonsrate how to properly make sure you are doing the act correct.

It was $130. I know that is abit pricey, but a very beneifical, informative, life-saving course.

Just thought I would post this too, just incase someone isn't all that close to Hanover.

If anyone is interested in this course, just PM, and I can see if I can get the dates of when the next course is coming up.

ACO22

Saradog
April 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Another canine first aid course, this one in Wahnipitae (near Sudbury)...

http://wagthedog.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2008/3/29/3610260.html

There will be more in different locations over the coming months.